Major Supermarket In UK Planning To Sell BUGS As Food To Help Poor People Through Winter

alisani

One time at Christmas when everyone was coming down, pre-Trump, pre-Covid, back when we all still talked to one another, I got some "HotLix" suckers: each one had a scorpion encased in the candy. I don't think any of us reached the middle. You can google it, but be sure to spell it just like I quoted, or may wind up somewhere you didn't intend. They sell other kinds of prepared buglets too, not sure how they are still in business.
The science center here sells them in the gift shop.

Len

One time at Christmas when everyone was coming down, pre-Trump, pre-Covid, back when we all still talked to one another, I got some "HotLix" suckers: each one had a scorpion encased in the candy. I don't think any of us reached the middle. You can google it, but be sure to spell it just like I quoted, or may wind up somewhere you didn't intend. They sell other kinds of prepared buglets too, not sure how they are still in business.
Yes I am pretty sure you can still get those pesky scorpians encased in clear "candy" as I have purchased some for my young grandkiks early last year!! and the look on their little faces was priceless LOL

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Actually, I was just now thinking that the locusts probably would be a lot like eating the comb of the honey, kind of crunchy, especially if the locust was embedded inside the honeycomb. Might be good. :bee
Locust have protein, zinc, and iron.
Many people lack all three , especially zinc and iron.
Locust are capable of eating the equivilant of their body weight everyday.

That said , I read that some people boil them, roll them in flour and deep fry them. Sprinkle whatever on them (or not) and start munchin' on them.
Some search out the crusty, crunchy critters and have stated they are delicious.
:oops:

myeyeisonthesparrow

Locust is one thing ( I trust that because the good Lord mentioneds it in the bible) but I refuse to eat a cockroach... They will make you sick, which I have heard that some countries want to add them to their cuisine; just plain gross. Nasty little creatures.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
N a s t y. I submit that the folks who believe this is good for everyone else be the first to indulge,

They can eat the nasty-wasty bugs and I'll eat the (preferably organic) grass-fed beef and lamb, and (preferably organic) pasture-raised pork and chicken :biggrin

Sounds fair to me.

Back