Magog and the days of Noah

Discussion in 'Gog / Magog' started by mark dulik, Nov 25, 2018.

1. mark dulik

mark dulik New Member

I've recently been studying the Gog and Magog war and came across something i thought was interesting. Not sure if there's really any correlation here or not, but I thought I would post it to see if anyone has any additional insight here. Christ used Noah as a symbol to illustrate what it would be like in the days before his return, and we often see this as a passage in reference to commerce, everyday living, and normality, in conjunction with wickedness, evil and violence. As we know all we have to do is turn on the evening news and we understand how all this stuff is working together as Christ had described so many years ago. With that said, we also understand the war of Gog and Magog as an endtimes event. Im not looking to determine if it happens before or after the rapture, Im pretty sure that argument will solve itself in the very near future. We do however understand that this war is a major event on the prophetic timeline and it does happen before Christ returns. putting us somewhere around the tribulation timeline. When i started looking at the names of the "regions" involved in this particular conflict i started to notice a pattern. The "regions" are settled from the descendants of Noah.

•Rosh (Rashu, Rasapu, Ros, and Rus) –Russia Gog = ‘mountain”. A Reubenite, son of Shemaiah
    •Magog (Scythians) -Central Asia and possibly Afghanistan Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Afghanistan Magog = “land of Gog”, 2nd son of Japheth, grandson of Noah and progenitor of several tribes northward from Israel
    •Meshech (Muschki and Musku) -Turkey drawing out”, son of Jepheth
    •Descendants of Meshech often mentioned in connection with Tubal, Magog, and other northern nations including the Moschi, a people on the borders of Colchis and Armenia
    •Tubal (Tubalu) -Turkey = “thou shall be brought”, Son of Japheth and grandson of Noah, a region in east asia minor
    •Persia -Iran = “pure or splendid”, Persia proper was bounded on th ewest by Susiana or Elam, on the north by edia, on the south by the Persian Gulf and on the east by Carmania (Modern day Iran)
    •Ethiopia (Cush) -Sudan =“Black”, son of Ham and grandson of Noah The land occupied by the descendants of cush located around the southern parts of the Nile (Ethiopia)
    •Libya (Put or Phut) -Libya Put = Libya (and possibly Algeria, Tunisia) = “A bow” , son of Ham , a nation and people of northern Africa, probably Libyans
    •Gomer (Cimmerians) -Turkey “Complete” , the eldest son of Japheth
    •Beth-togarmah (Til-garimmu or Tegarma) -Turkey = “thou wilt break her”, Son of Gomer, grandson of Japheth, Territory settled by the descendants of Togarmah, probably the area known as Armenia

I realize this may be a stretch, but Im curious to find out if anyone else might have some good insight on this. Thanks