Madison Ave retailers lock doors in daytime amid crime frenzy

DWB

https://nypost.com/2022/04/30/madison-ave-retailers-lock-doors-amid-daytime-crime-frenzy/

"Swanky Madison Avenue shops on the Upper East Side are lowering lights, locking doors and opening by appointment only in an effort to combat a relentless scourge of brazen daytime shoplifters terrorizing the glitzy thoroughfare.

The Carolina Herrera boutique near 67th Street has been robbed so many times it now pretends to be shuttered, with lights dimmed and door dead-bolted shut, even during normal business hours.

“It looks closed,” lamented one bride-to-be, hoping to drop six figures on three Herrera dresses for the walk down the aisle and post-ceremony receptions. She noted it’s a “bad look” for one of the world’s most celebrated luxury shopping districts."

You'd have to be an idiot not to see this coming. The days of casual shopping/looking/browsing are over. Welcome to online only or shopping by appointment only coming soon to your favorite retailer. The smash and grab gangs have ruined another part of Americana by looting to such a high degree stores are refusing to open their doors to the public. I recently went to a high-end jewelry store in Franklin, Tn and had to ring a bell, and be "inspected" before the obviously armed security guard would open the door. I knew why immediately, but my first instinct was to turn around and go somewhere else. I won't go back.

jab777

https://nypost.com/2022/04/30/madison-ave-retailers-lock-doors-amid-daytime-crime-frenzy/

"Swanky Madison Avenue shops on the Upper East Side are lowering lights, locking doors and opening by appointment only in an effort to combat a relentless scourge of brazen daytime shoplifters terrorizing the glitzy thoroughfare.

The Carolina Herrera boutique near 67th Street has been robbed so many times it now pretends to be shuttered, with lights dimmed and door dead-bolted shut, even during normal business hours.

“It looks closed,” lamented one bride-to-be, hoping to drop six figures on three Herrera dresses for the walk down the aisle and post-ceremony receptions. She noted it’s a “bad look” for one of the world’s most celebrated luxury shopping districts."

You'd have to be an idiot not to see this coming. The days of casual shopping/looking/browsing are over. Welcome to online only or shopping by appointment only coming soon to your favorite retailer. The smash and grab gangs have ruined another part of Americana by looting to such a high degree stores are refusing to open their doors to the public. I recently went to a high-end jewelry store in Franklin, Tn and had to ring a bell, and be "inspected" before the obviously armed security guard would open the door. I knew why immediately, but my first instinct was to turn around and go somewhere else. I won't go back.
Truly sad. And the sad thing is all of these Soros bought and paid for DA’s are a lot of the reason there is no deterrence or punishment for the crimes which only emboldens the crooks.

NewWine2020

Truly sad. And the sad thing is all of these Soros bought and paid for DA’s are a lot of the reason there is no deterrence or punishment for the crimes which only emboldens the crooks.

What’s even more sad is that not one of these liberal mouth breathers will be able to connect the dots of the situation being the result of liberal polices.

AOC’s remarkably stupid quote about what a community would look like w/o police? Her answer back then was “a suburb…it would look like a suburb.”

Nope. It would look a lot like this.

GotGrace

It is a great profit loss for retailers. Many times shoppers out strolling and window shopping will buy things they did not intend to buy which is what the stores hope for. Such a shame.:mystic

I don't plan on buying any Herrera dresses but it is a shame that someone wants to and can buy them but the store is afraid to open.

It's the End times folks.

ChildofLight

There is a small jewelry/repair shop in our town. I usually get new batteries for my watches there. They have already been robbed 3 times they said. Therefore, have to ring a doorbell to enter as it is kept locked. They also are packing, as they have had enough.

cheeky200386

Not shocking in the least. Infuriating that those on the left will continue to vote for these policies. Hopefully it will open up opportunities to share the Gospel as we see the days getting closer to the Great Tribulation!