Mac found an abandoned tiny kitten

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Get some goats milk. Some places that sell pet food have it in the frozen raw food section. Warm it and it might need a bottle depending on how old, and it may help loose stools as well. Might be too young to handle food. Keep it warm too.
Some human grocery stores and pharmacies sell goat's milk. It could be canned or fresh/refrigerated. If you purchase at a human store, make sure that there's nothing other than the milk (no flavors, no natural flavors, no colors, no sweetener's, no added vitamins, no preservatives, etc. , as they can kill a cat/kitten.

Stores that sell animal or farm items may also have canned goat's milk, or perhaps kitten replacer milk or formula, and maybe even an orphan kitten care instruction sheet.

Definitely keep warm.

caligal

Mac took it to the vet yesterday. It is a male and has ringworm. They gave him a shower and treated him for fleas and sent him home with meds for the ringworm.

We decided to keep him. He is around 6 weeks old and Mac wants to call him Cheyenne. Such a big name for such a little one. He is getting better everyday and is very affectionate and is becoming playful. The vet said he can eat whatever he wants and that his stools will get better with the meds.

Thank you everyone for your prayers.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
We have many rescue cats here. I have about 6-8 that come for dinner each night and we took in so many inside that we can't take anymore. We have a big heart for animals. One of our outside cats either fell off the roof or got hit by a car and she had a dislocated hip and the tail broken in two places. About $1,200 later we had a new inside cat. :doh :mad

About 2 years ago one of the kitten outside was found out in the street with his arm paralyzed. He was following the mama cat. My wife got him and we took him to the vet. One arm removed and $900 later, we had another inside cat. :doh :mad

We can only do so much, but we do what we can. I told my wife we must have an invisible sign with an arrow pointing down over our house that only cats can read that says "Cat suckers live here!" :lol

Nemophilist

We have many rescue cats here. I have about 6-8 that come for dinner each night and we took in so many inside that we can't take anymore. We have a big heart for animals. One of our outside cats either fell off the roof or got hit by a car and she had a dislocated hip and the tail broken in two places. About $1,200 later we had a new inside cat. :doh :mad

About 2 years ago one of the kitten outside was found out in the street with his arm paralyzed. He was following the mama cat. My wife got him and we took him to the vet. One arm removed and $900 later, we had another inside cat. :doh :mad

We can only do so much, but we do what we can. I told my wife we must have an invisible sign with an arrow pointing down over our house that only cats can read that says "Cat suckers live here!" :lol
Thank you for helping those poor kitties! We've rescued several homeless dogs. My hubby says we would have a whole house full of dogs if I had my way. He may or may not be wrong :ahaha

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
We had about 13 females spayed and a few males neutered the years. It cost about $100 for each. We try to do our part, but it seems like a losting battle. :lol

We have one mother cat that comes each day and we call her "rattlesnake" as the hisses and everything. But she has decided she likes the food as she has been coming for 6-7 years now. :lol

Carl

We live in country. Son has been catching kitties for last 4 or 5 years! He can't keep up. This fall a car stopped on our road and left 8 6/8 week old kittens. Then drove away. While the lockdown was in effect a shortage of cats. Now that people can travel again I guess they no longer need the pets. So throw them away in the country.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Farmland is the normal drop-off spot for those too irresponsible to deal with their problem.

One year, we had as many as 12 cats. Most did not live long do to disease, foxes, and abandoned dogs.

I remember the burlap sack days. We found a couple in the local creek.

From the looks of society, people do not treat their kids much better.

Back