Long-time lurker...finally joined!

madcat

Welcome Ann-Marie. :welcome :welcome
My grandfather was from Grundy, and I have memories of family reunions in a valley between 2 HIGH mountains. Some gorgeous scenery there.

kathymendel

Welcome .............. we're so happy you will be joining us in conversations! Where in southern Calfornia do you hail from? I lived in Anaheim, then Irvine area, am now settled in Lake Elsinore. Look forward to you posts.

Stormy

Welcome .............. we're so happy you will be joining us in conversations! Where in southern Calfornia do you hail from? I lived in Anaheim, then Irvine area, am now settled in Lake Elsinore. Look forward to you posts.

I grew up in Riverside back when there were still orange groves surrounding the city. I hear they are gone now :(. Spent a lot of time in both Anaheim and Lake Elsinore though!

kathymendel

I moved to Irvine in 1980 from the Anaheim area. There were still orange groves all around the subdivisions then, and in May-June the fragrance of the blossoms permeated the area. Within five to ten years, they were all ripped out and replaced with homes and small shopping centers. I moved out here four years ago (Lake Elsinore) and when I go back to O.C. now it is solid buildings everywhere, and there is hardly any open land left. It's sad. Out here, we have vineyards of grapes................and a lot of open fields..........but, they are building tons of new homes, too.

Stormy

I moved to Irvine in 1980 from the Anaheim area. There were still orange groves all around the subdivisions then, and in May-June the fragrance of the blossoms permeated the area. Within five to ten years, they were all ripped out and replaced with homes and small shopping centers. I moved out here four years ago (Lake Elsinore) and when I go back to O.C. now it is solid buildings everywhere, and there is hardly any open land left. It's sad. Out here, we have vineyards of grapes................and a lot of open fields..........but, they are building tons of new homes, too.

That's one thing I don't miss about California. Going from one city to the next without any kind of break in between! Well, that and In-N-Out. Wish they delivered to Virginia!

The smell of the orange blossoms was the best. If they had a candle or air freshener that genuinely smelled like it, I would buy way too many ;)

Accepted

Hi everybody! My name is Ann-Marie. I have been a lurker on here since around 2014 or so and wanted to finally be able to participate in the discussions I so enjoy reading.

I am a homeschool mom in the mountains of Virginia, although I was raised in Southern California. Quite a difference between the two places and I'm grateful to God every day that He brought me here!

My profile picture is the family dog, Titus. He is an old guy and gets nervous during thunderstorms unless he is wrapped in his blanket. My username is the name of my childhood cat because I couldn't think of anything catchy!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know how much this former lurker has appreciated having this great place to come to when the world seems so crazy. I will be posting my testimony in that section shortly.

Hi, Ann-Marie! I also grew up in Southern CA, in Orange County. Welcome!!