Lois Vogel-Sharp

ByGod'sGrace

My sister keeps sending me links of this lady, Lois Vogel-Sharp. I've listened to two of her messages, and my spirit just sinks when I hear her speak. I have some thoughts about people who claim to be getting special messages from God. My belief is that everything God needed to say to us, He already put down in the Bible, and anything outside of that is false. Plus, prophets have to be correct 100% of the time. So how do we discuss these types of videos with well-meaning believers who are perhaps deceived by the emotional aspect or feeling important that God is giving them a special message? I am really praying for wisdom about this, as I don't want to offend (especially with family), but it is extremely difficult.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, sister, this is very hard to do. It is so easy to get caught up in words, debate opinions, and wind up in arguments. The secret is to hold up what a teacher is teaching against the word of God. If it doesn't lineup, then point the specific out to your family member(s) and ask the question: "If this person is speaking God's Word, why does what they say not lineup with God's Word?" Then leave it at that. Raise doubts and allow the Holy Spirit to do the work in your sister ... or anyone else.

ByGod'sGrace

Yes, sister, this is very hard to do. It is so easy to get caught up in words, debate opinions, and wind up in arguments. The secret is to hold up what a teacher is teaching against the word of God. If it doesn't lineup, then point the specific out to your family member(s) and ask the question: "If this person is speaking God's Word, why does what they say not lineup with God's Word?" Then leave it at that. Raise doubts and allow the Holy Spirit to do the work in your sister ... or anyone else.
Thank you so much for your wisdom and kindness!

lenraff

Good counsel here. Leaving it in a place where God takes over, that's wisdom.