Locust Plague Reaches China!

Rocky Rivera

Rocky Rivera

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1179867.shtml

This article was published on Feb 17, 2020 and talks about how the locust plague has already reached neighboring Pakistan. In my opinion, China has little to fear from a locust invasion because local fauna such as ducks eat the locusts, and they are considered a delicacy in the Orient -- except if they somehow become carriers of the coronavirus.

Footsteps

Revelation 6:8

Whether fact, speculation, or disaster planning, I have never seen a time that fleshed out the "beasts of the earth" (including the microscopic) more than the times we are in now. It is like a seeing a sci-fi movie to turn on the news and watch citizens herded and segregated by men in Hazmat suits.
Steve McQueen's first movie? The Blob. The solution was cold spray from fire extinguishers. Like many such movies, a "?" was superimposed on the screen along with THE END. We keep having to search for answers during tragedy. During the Tribulation the only answer will be The Return of the King.

GotGrace

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1179867.shtml

This article was published on Feb 17, 2020 and talks about how the locust plague has already reached neighboring Pakistan. In my opinion, China has little to fear from a locust invasion because local fauna such as ducks eat the locusts, and they are considered a delicacy in the Orient -- except if they somehow become carriers of the coronavirus.
My pet ducks would love gorging on locusts. They get dried meal worms now as a treat every day, and think they are in heaven they love them so much. My Ducks are not to be eaten though no sir! One more person better not tell me my ducks would be good to eat. :tappingfoot

Rocky Rivera

My pet ducks would love gorging on locusts. They get dried meal worms now as a treat every day, and think they are in heaven they love them so much. My Ducks are not to be eaten though no sir! One more person better not tell me my ducks would be good to eat. :tappingfoot
I myself wouldn't mind trying fried locust. John the Baptist ate them, Asian people eat them, and God said that among the bugs they're the only ones good to eat. But while John the Baptist liked to dip his locusts in honey, I think I'll use Asian chili sauce instead. If I were in China during a locust swarm, I wouldn't spray the locusts -- I'd sell them!

athenasius

I myself wouldn't mind trying fried locust. John the Baptist ate them, Asian people eat them, and God said that among the bugs they're the only ones good to eat. But while John the Baptist liked to dip his locusts in honey, I think I'll use Asian chili sauce instead. If I were in China during a locust swarm, I wouldn't spray the locusts -- I'd sell them!
What you don't wanna eat land shrimps? My brother in law referred to sea shrimp as BUGS so his kiddies (all 6) would let him eat them without competition. They ate them anyways, so my poor bil had to SHARE his bugs.

I'd call 'em land shrimps or sky shrimps and serve em with a nice ginger and garlic fried in a hot oil because I really like the Chinese way of frying shrimp.

Andy C

Reborn to fly
When I was a Drill Instructor, I marched the recruits to the chowhall, I always told them we are eating “duck” today - as in “duck in and duck out”, very fast meal.

I only ate duck once in my life, and that was in Hong Kong in 1979.

JSTyler

I had duck once. We were taken to a Peruvian restaurant....not a fan, where the feature dish (read only dish) was duck with potatoes (read cheap french fries) and a few blanched greens...not a fan. It was greasy, stringy, gamey and unpleasent from first fork to final, unpleasant exit a day later...not a fan.

So, all your Daffy's, Donald's, Daisy's, Huey Duey and Luey's, & Count Duckula's et-al, are safe here at the Tyler crib. You could even call it a Sanctuary Crib for Ducks if you want.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
My Ducks are not to be eaten though no sir! One more person better not tell me my ducks would be good to eat.
When I was a Drill Instructor, I marched the recruits to the chowhall, I always told them we are eating “duck” today - as in “duck in and duck out”, very fast meal.

I only ate duck once in my life, and that was in Hong Kong in 1979.
I enjoyed a morsel of Peking Duck in Beijing. I tried rottissering duck twice and both times the duck ended up burnt to a crisp. It seems like the longer it cooks the faster the fat flows out of the carcass... I guess you could say I failed twice in my attempts to cook duck, so I won't plan to eat GotGrace's pets.

Cindy S.

I'd starve to death first

Andy C

Reborn to fly
I enjoyed a morsel of Peking Duck in Beijing. I tried rottissering duck twice and both times the duck ended up burnt to a crisp. It seems like the longer it cooks the faster the fat flows out of the carcass... I guess you could say I failed twice in my attempts to cook duck, so I won't plan to eat GotGrace's pets.
Notice I did not write about how the meal tasted? Well, I was a young and single 22 year old Marine eating where alcohol was served.....:oops:
My buddies ate there the next night. They were an odd couple of best friends. One was huge, very aggressive, and the other tiny and kind of passive. The big guy asked his friend to order for him since he could not figure out the menu, but asked to make sure he did not get any pork. So tiny orders him glazed pig intestines, then told him later after the meal what he just ate. Luckily, the little guy can run much faster.

chaser

Just a twinkling from home!
I had duck once. We were taken to a Peruvian restaurant....not a fan,
My mom used to cook domestic duck and goose which is not gamy tasting at all, I can handle that. But wild duck is no go for me, gag reflexes kick in, and I have tried many recipes, slow cooker lots of , fruit cocktail, pineapple, jerky, all nasty to me. Wild game I stick to pheasant, quail, venison, goat, buffalo, elk, love it all, moose if I have too, and caribou not so much, bear/raccoon never. Have had some tasty game from Africa at some wild game feeds, some of it very good, Gemsbok was very good .