Living in the Last Days: A Practical Guide

RobinMc

I have no interest in stock-piling goods other than for when we leave here and our loved ones, who don't believe anything is ever going to happen- would have them to use when times get really hard.
My plan is to trust God to take care of me.

Wings Like Eagles

Amen. The world has been subjected to evil and decay since Adam lost ownership of it that was bestowed by God. I guess what I meant was that the last 200 years were a unique time where the Church, at least in the West and some countries was able to breathe and go about the Great Commission more easily than in any other time.
I agree. God Himself closed the door to the Ark, sealing the fate of those who would "ignore such a great salvation" (or worse, mock it). I sometimes think that the floods happening all over the world are a warning that, if He judged the evildoers with a Flood, He will judge today's evildoers as well. Judgment is coming. Like Noah, we need to be "preachers of righteousness". As we see the gathering dark clouds, we must shake the dust off of the shoes of the gospel of peace and be about the work set before us. I sometimes think that the Covid restrictions against meeting together were sent so that we would get out of our "holy huddles" and reach out to the lost wherever we find them.

athenasius

As far as the church having to endure some extended preview of this dystopian existence before the Rapture, I am not convinced of that either. There are two reasons why I believe that there will remain a sense of normalcy here in the West until the Lord’s return. The first is found in Luke 17:25-36 (i.e., the days of Noah and Lot), which can only be speaking of the time immediately before the Tribulation occurs; not during, nor after.

“And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. Even so, will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.” – Luke 17:25-36

My second reason is based on the chronological stages of the Church (as found in Revelation 2-3). The condition of the last church, the Laodicean church (as it turns out, the “western” church), is that it is in a final state of being lukewarm. I would argue that it is impossible (or highly unlikely) to be lukewarm when suffering under the banner of persecution or hardship. Normalcy almost always results in complacency and complacency promotes the sense that things will continue on as they always have. And for the past two hundred years, things have continued on somewhat normally here in the west.
I LOVE THIS!

I completely agree, the first point in Luke 17, (NOT the Olivet discourse but a completely different conversation if anyone is confused, the Olivet is later in Luke) is SO Important. It gives us vital clues about the normal state of things in the time before the start of the Tribulation. As I've said on other threads before, there may be the odd exception to the rule, but you don't see WIDESPREAD buying, selling, planting!!! and building as well as marriages in the time of the Tribulation as described in Revelation.

Those activities are NOT characteristic of that time period even if a few might manage it. Jesus is giving us a picture of the characteristics of that period just before judgment falls.

And the second point is LAODICEA! Which again, I completely agree. You DON'T see a church enduring persecution getting all lazy. Those ones quickly go join something more comfy like the Whore of Babylon. The surviving Christians during the Tribulation are willing to have their heads chopped off rather than deny Christ.

Great article btw, I had to come on and comment in spite of a problem with really bad muscle weakness, which is making it hard to type. Flare up of my auto immune nonsense.

But like who cares. I'd stick a peg between my teeth to get on here and cheer you on Pete @Palehorse

Preach it brother!

Lovin Jesus

Love the part being spiritually prepared. Whether tough times were to come in the USA, like it has become for Australia, I'd like to be spiritually prepared. No worries about generators or TP shortages, And if all is to remain easy with no problem that's great, and it is still a good thing to be spiritually fit.

Lovin Jesus

I LOVE THIS!

I completely agree, the first point in Luke 17, (NOT the Olivet discourse but a completely different conversation if anyone is confused, the Olivet is later in Luke) is SO Important. It gives us vital clues about the normal state of things in the time before the start of the Tribulation. As I've said on other threads before, there may be the odd exception to the rule, but you don't see WIDESPREAD buying, selling, planting!!! and building as well as marriages in the time of the Tribulation as described in Revelation.

Those activities are NOT characteristic of that time period even if a few might manage it. Jesus is giving us a picture of the characteristics of that period just before judgment falls.

And the second point is LAODICEA! Which again, I completely agree. You DON'T see a church enduring persecution getting all lazy. Those ones quickly go join something more comfy like the Whore of Babylon. The surviving Christians during the Tribulation are willing to have their heads chopped off rather than deny Christ.

Great article btw, I had to come on and comment in spite of a problem with really bad muscle weakness, which is making it hard to type. Flare up of my auto immune nonsense.

But like who cares. I'd stick a peg between my teeth to get on here and cheer you on Pete @Palehorse

Preach it brother!
Praying for you Margery

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
IF, (am not saying I believe in Post-Trib) but IF, the rapture is not Pre-Trib, I have no intentions of trying to survive the Trib. None at all. My prayer would be the Lord let us all die peacefully and quickly. If the Lord did somehow keep us safe all 7 years, then so be it. But buying a bunker, trying to evade the AC, all that- no.
My thoughts exactly!

Reason & Hope

I LOVE THIS!

Preach it brother!
Praying for your muscles.

alisani

Right. :nod

And, it's in those tough moments we see God show up in even more amazing ways.
Absolutely. No one would choose to walk in the dark valleys, but there is no denying that God's light shines very bright in those valleys. Enough to get us to the mountain heights. I'm finally old enough to cherish my days in the valleys. They produce very good fruit and strengthen faith to a degree that nothing else can.