Literal chariots and horses?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
The Man With No Name once gunned down four outlaws for making fun of his mule. He explained that it made no difference to him, but it had hurt the mule’s feelings and they would have to apologize directly to the mule. That’s when they stopped laughing. I like movies like that because they are easy to understand.

Did the mule get therapy for his hurt fee-wings?

crystal spyder

I was just reading some article about coronal mass ejections, which are waves of particles from the sun that can and do interfere with satellites. They also cause the aurora.

A substantial coronal mass ejection could fry the power grid. Our magnetosphere protects us but a strong enough ejection could cause problems.

In Ez 38, the invading forces against Israel are described as an army of chariots and horses.

I am one who thinks the Bible should be taken literally unless there’s context or reason to apply it otherwise.

The prophet Ezekiel would likely have had no idea about modern military equipment. But surely the army in his vision wouldn’t have looked like horses.

Which leads me to my question: will the invading army be literal horses and chariots or was this Ezekiel describing the army to the best of his ability given his knowledge at the time?
I'd say the latter. Using a contemporary reference to describe a vision in future.

Much like Sumerian pictographs depicted their gods with wings to indicate they were able to fly. Travel in aircraft.

pixelpusher

When me and DW were dating in school we went out to the stables one day with another of her friends who had horses, and went for a ride. My horse did not like me, and knew I didn't know what I was doing. He first galloped down the gravel road while I was imagining digging that gravel out of my forehead, but he didn't like the rear naked choke I applied, so he turned into the pine woods and tried to scrape me off on the branches that had somehow gotten a lot closer to the ground.

I'll stick to kayaks.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
When me and DW were dating in school we went out to the stables one day with another of her friends who had horses, and went for a ride. My horse did not like me, and knew I didn't know what I was doing. He first galloped down the gravel road while I was imagining digging that gravel out of my forehead, but he didn't like the rear naked choke I applied, so he turned into the pine woods and tried to scrape me off on the branches that had somehow gotten a lot closer to the ground.

I'll stick to kayaks.

I took a nasty fall riding a horse, and when the instructor determined I hadn't broken my back or leg, made me get back up on that same horse and ride him some more.
Part of the problem was that horse was so large and I was so small that I couldn't grip with the knees very well. I much preferred riding the other horse, which was not so broad. Although the fat one was easier to clean up and care for afterward. Those lessons and riding ponies and horses growing up came in very handy when dealing with mules in the Army, later, but definitely some differences between the animals.

Also took a bad dunking, hit my head on a giant rock, got run across smaller rocks, and almost drowned learning to roll a kayak (rogue wave on the Great Lakes). At least no Jaws, orca, barracuda, etc. to worry about there :biggrin

Back