Likud MK bristles at Netanyahu rebuke after welcoming coalition with Ra’am

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Likud MK bristles at Netanyahu rebuke after welcoming coalition with Ra’am
‘He put out a statement to hurt me,’ David Amsalem says in response to ex-PM’s disavowal of comments on adding ‘anti-Zionist’ Islamist faction to a potential government
By TOI staff

A lawmaker in opposition leader Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud party pushed back against the former prime minister after being rebuked for saying the Islamist Ra’am faction could join a Likud-led government. In an interview Sunday morning, MK David Amsalem said he was open to including the “anti-Zionist” Ra’am in a potential coalition that already held a majority of Knesset seats without it. The comments were disavowed by Likud and Netanyahu, with the ex-premier saying he was “dumbfounded” by Amsalem’s remarks and that they represent “his opinion only, just like as has previously happened.”

“Some Likud members attacked me. What did Netanyahu himself do? He put out a statement to hurt me,” Amsalem told the Galei Yisrael radio station. “I don’t accept that someone is trying to hurt me over nothing, including Netanyahu.” “What’s this ‘I was dumbfounded?’… First of all give me a phone call and ask me ‘what’s this?’ Second, say ‘I don’t agree with Amsalem, that’s his opinion.’ No problem,” Amsalem added. He also said “this isn’t the first time,” apparently referring to Netanyahu.

more............ https://www.timesofisrael.com/likud...u-rebuke-after-welcoming-coalition-with-raam/