Life On Earth In The Millennium

Patreesha

I thought the Church returns to Earth for the Millennium Kingdom. If not, will we ever return to Earth?
"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." 1 Thess 4. We will be wherever Jesus is, and that is on Earth during the Millennial Kingdom. It will be so great!!!

PortWen

And none of that even touches on how having Jesus accessible in the flesh would change things or how having the all people filled with knowledge of God could change things or how having resurrected people intermingling with the mortals would work. Lots and lots of room for facinating speculation! I love thinking about it!
I think about it more and more these days….recently being more aware of the reality that Jesus will be with us in the flesh..it’s mind blowing.

katt

Speaking of the curse being removed from the earth and taken off the animals, I have long had a question...will the curse be taken off the serpant and will it again walk on two legs and speak to us?

Hiftobaf

I also though those of us who are Raptured would be on earth during the MK…

It's not stated explicitly. What we do know is that 1 Thessalonians says that the Church will be with Jesus forever, that the Church returns to earth with Jesus at the Second Coming, and there's no mention of the Church leaving earth after that.

SonSeeker

I thought the Church returns to Earth for the Millennium Kingdom. If not, will we ever return to Earth?
As I understand it, we will be living in New Jerusalem, but will be able to return to earth whenever we wish. We will have Glorified bodies allowing us to travel to earth, or anywhere in the universe we wish. We won't be constrained by distance, allowing us to visit other worlds essentially, instantly.

Wings Like Eagles

Good Q and A, In my mind there will be sin and jesus will rule with a rod of iron, perhaps that will be the impetus for when satan is released he will find a lot of willing individuals to be foolhardy and proud enough to have one last battle so to speak.
Rebellion is part of man's sin nature. The Bible compares it to "witchcraft" and we know what God thinks about that.

Wings Like Eagles

The way I understand it, is that we will follow the Lord and the Armies of Heaven to earth at the end of the Tribulation and then return with Him to the New Jerusalem, after helping Him to establish His Millennial Kingdom on earth. Not sure if, during the Millennium, there will be much mixing for us with mortal humanity. From the last chapters of Ezekiel, it seems that there will be mortal rulers and subjects in the Millennial Kingdom. The Law will go out and be enforced by those from the earthly Jerusalem. There never seemed to be a lot of interaction between the immortal holy angels and mortal humans in the OT or the NT.

Jude 1:6 tells us that the rebellious evil angels "left their first estate". They were created beings, who were meant to serve God as "ministering spirits". Apparently, Satan decided to rebel against the created order and enlisted a third of the host of heaven to join him in his rebellion. Instead of pleasing God, the evil angels decided to please themselves and came to earth to soil mortal humans with their disgustingly perverse and horrid evil. It must have been really, really bad, as God found it necessary to lock many of them up in the bottomless pit until the Tribulation, when they will torment those humans who belong to this world. And then, He decided to decontaminate the earth by sending a worldwide Flood, sparing only 8 people. It seems that the evil angels will be locked up again with Satan at the end of the Tribulation, before the Millennial Kingdom is set up.

Then, after the final rebellion at the end of the Millennial Kingdom and the Final Judgment (in which we will be involved--judging evil angels), the New Jerusalem will descend out of heaven and become our permanent home, on a perfected earth, which will be lit with the intense light of the Father and Son for eternity. The New Jerusalem will be 1,400 miles high by 1,400 miles deep by 1,400 miles wide--plenty of room for everyone. Presumably, we will be able to freely go into the surrounding areas of a recreated earth, whenever we want.

cavalier973

Do mortal believers die during the Kingdom? We see that sinners do. If mortal believes *do* die, are they immediately resurrected, or do their spirits go to New Jerusalem, or some other part of Heaven?
I speculate that mortal believers will not die, and at the end of the 1,000 years they are given incorruptible bodies.

I think there will be sin in the Kingdom, but that it will be immediately addressed. It is possible, I suppose, for Tribulation survivors to remember with fondness some aspect of their lives prior to Tribulation, but I doubt they will wish for a return of the Pseudo-Christ. If they did, then I think it would be immediately addressed. But, Indoubt they would think of the Pc with any good feeling. The Pc and his fp will be publicly shamed to the max; even the other people in Hell make fun of him (Isaiah 14:12-21). If they think of him at all, people would immediately think, “What a loser”.

cavalier973

A further speculation of mine concerning the Kingdom revolves around the question of what would have been had Israel accepted the Lord Jesus. An initial thought is that we would not be here, because the world would have ended around AD 1040 or so (Daniel’s Seventieth Week follows the Lord Jesus’s death and resurrection, followed by the Millennium). However, there is nothing written about the Kingdom in the Old Testament that limits it to a thousand years. That time frame isn’t mentioned until the Book of Revelation. It is possible that, had Israel accepted Jesus, that we would still be living in the Kingdom. Well, “we” would be; I don’t know that we would be exactly the same people. My great-grandfather, for example, was twice widowed and thrice married. Had his first wife not died, then I would not be here, since my branch of the family descends from the children of his second wife.

cavalier973

I think that the long life spans of people will have in the Millennium will be partly due to changes in the ecosystem. The sun will shine seven times brighter (Isaiah 30:26). That is a lot of vitamin D being pumped into one’s body. It is also partly due to God’s healing (same verse). Food will be plentiful, as someone earlier mentioned, and I expect it will be seven times as nutritious—what with flowers and plants absorbing seven times as much sunlight. Genetic problems will likely be erased—think of the physical problems children born of close relatives have. Look up “the Habsburg Jaw” and Charles II of Spain. I think God clears all the deformities out of people’s system.

I think very, very few mortal people survive to enter the Kingdom. Like, perhaps a couple of dozen from each people group (based on the children of Shem, Ham, and Japheth).