Leviathan from Job

Tristan

Old thread I missed but fun!

I have no valuable or authoritative opinion to offer other than my fee-fees...

That said, I want it to be a dragon. A big fire breathing, monstrous wingspan, scaly hide, dragon, you know the sort, the whole gamut snout to tail kind of dragon. I also hope it's one of the creatures of the Kingdom (talkin' Millennial here) and beyond. I wanna fly on one, me and my wife (my not-wife in the yet to come), my Heavenly-perfect pack of undying dogs and together we'll light out for the horizon with whoever else has a companion dragon. We're gonna explore eternity and see the wonder Yeshua has prepared for us to find.

Oh yeah and black, it's gonna be black and shiny...unless dragons come in traditional camo which means I may need at least two dragons.
Trust me, the Bible stated its as dragon, greek mythology states it as a dragon and it will be a dragon with seven individual heads acting on one brain but several heads

JSTyler

Trust me, the Bible stated its as dragon, greek mythology states it as a dragon and it will be a dragon with seven individual heads acting on one brain but several heads
Yeah oops! I also forgot to differentiate between The Dragon and the idea of dragons. I let my cartoon brain and excitement get waaaay ahead of reason. So, in clarification...I hope there are good dragons for us to sport with.

Tristan

Yeah oops! I also forgot to differentiate between The Dragon and the idea of dragons. I let my cartoon brain and excitement get waaaay ahead of reason. So, in clarification...I hope there are good dragons for us to sport with.
I would not bet on it, God explains his distrust with dragons.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
I would not bet on it, God explains his distrust with dragons.

There will be both lions and snakes in the Millenial Kingdom. Both of those are also used as metaphors for Satan. The fact that a dragon is used as a metaphor for Satan as well doesn't mean God hates the animal

JSTyler

The Bombardier Beetle. He has two separated compartments in his abdomen. Each contains a different chemical. When attacked, he aims his backside at his enemy and discharges both fluids. When the liquids merge, they spontaneously combust.
I didn't see why my friendly dragon Levi couldn't have two separate sacs about where human lymph glands are located under our throats. He gave a demonstration to the four children in the story, suspending himself in the air with his great wings. He complained that the hardest part was remaining motionless aloft with only his wing muscles.
Reptiles have a form of hibernation called brumation. The adults of Babbington had forgotten their hero, so he went to sleep in a place that only trusting children could find.
Bummer! You posted the question and gave the answer too close together. I would've nailed this one. I used to pretend to be a writer and actually include the Bombardier in a couple of my books.

I'll grab a copy of yours. Did you ever write any sequels?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Bombardier Beetle

I was looking at the Beetle community because somewhere in the dusty rarely visited recesses of my mind I seemed to have a wisp of a memory of a beetle with such characteristics, but I couldn't quite extract the information. Thanks for telling us even though there are some who are surely bummed that the book is off the table, so to speak.

Back