Let’s try this, again

cavalier973

The Seven Year Tribulation is for Israel, not the Church (Daniel 9:24)

God did not appoint Church Age believers to wrath (1 Thessalonians 5:9)

Jesus delivers us from the wrath to come (1 Thessalonians 1:10)

Jesus promised to keep us out of the time of trial that will come upon the whole earth, to test those who dwell on the earth (Revelation 3:10)
So, no. We will not be seeing the Tribulation, except, perhaps , on the giant Jumbotron in New Jerusalem’s St. Paul Memorial Stadium and Convention Center.

JSTyler

Jesus promised to keep us out of the time of trial that will come upon the whole earth, to test those who dwell on the earth (Revelation 3:10)
So, no. We will not be seeing the Tribulation, except, perhaps , on the giant Jumbotron in New Jerusalem’s St. Paul Memorial Stadium and Convention Center.
Oh but wait! Some int4rw3bz guy jus tolded me otherwise! I've converted to Ahmilldillusionalanism...ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Seriously, @cavalier973 Great post! Short, sweet, loaded with truth.

daygo

Hallelujah.

Wings Like Eagles

What is missed by those who believe that the Church will go through the Tribulation is the fact that the entire Tribulation is the exercise of the wrath of the Lamb and of God Almighty on the inhabitants of the earth. God will NOT exercise His wrath on the Church. It is shocking that any Christian would think so. God the Father ALREADY exercised His wrath toward sinners on His Son, for all who would come to Him in humble submission and wash their clothes in the Blood of the Lamb. That doesn't mean that Satan will not try to make life difficult for us in the lead-up to the time of God's wrath--especially since he thinks his time is short. Satan has always delighted in harming Christians and those innocent of wrongdoing--like babies in the womb. But, the Lord tells us that vengeance is His and that He will repay. Our God is a consuming fire. It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of an angry God.

MyhopeisinHim

What is missed by those who believe that the Church will go through the Tribulation is the fact that the entire Tribulation is the exercise of the wrath of the Lamb and of God Almighty on the inhabitants of the earth. God will NOT exercise His wrath on the Church. It is shocking that any Christian would think so. God the Father ALREADY exercised His wrath toward sinners on His Son, for all who would come to Him in humble submission and wash their clothes in the Blood of the Lamb. That doesn't mean that Satan will not try to make life difficult for us in the lead-up to the time of God's wrath--especially since he thinks his time is short. Satan has always delighted in harming Christians and those innocent of wrongdoing--like babies in the womb. But, the Lord tells us that vengeance is His and that He will repay. Our God is a consuming fire. It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of an angry God.
Yes!

cavalier973

Very good summary Cavalier, has there been a thing on the forum lately doubting these sequence of events ?

I must admit i was a bit concerned by the thread title and pastor Adrian's disclaimer on the Rapture section
Some Postie swaggered in, looked at the sign of forum rules that was nailed beside the door, ripped it down and stomped on it, and started spouting some nonsense. It is the reason I started this new thread, because I knew that all of our brilliant replies to him would be deep-sixed with that fellow’s thread.

cavalier973

Exactly. It is the Lord Jesus, and not Satan, Who starts popping the seals off that scroll. By the breaking of the sixth seal, even the earth-dwellers know that this is God’s wrath.

cavalier973

In my opinion, any rapture doctrine other than pre-trib is a form of works salvation. You have to “prove” your faithfulness to the Lord Jesus by enduring His wrath. Many apparently think that God will reward resourcefulness and cleverness by Christians during the Tribulation, and view with disdain those who aren’t “preparing”.

TrustinHim

I was disappointed to see a certain well known creation science fellow claiming with a few misinterpreted scriptures that the rapture is post tribulation. I came back here and saw pastor Adrian had just posted the scripture and teachings of the pre trib rapture. Not that I doubted it for a second. I am tempted to write down the arguments referenced and go back and respectfully disagree on the points he tried to make. He has done good work refuting evolution, but how he can't rightly divide the scriptures is disappointing.

athenasius

In my opinion, any rapture doctrine other than pre-trib is a form of works salvation. You have to “prove” your faithfulness to the Lord Jesus by enduring His wrath. Many apparently think that God will reward resourcefulness and cleverness by Christians during the Tribulation, and view with disdain those who aren’t “preparing”.
Hit the nail on the head all thru this thread. Apparently I missed some fun and excitement while I was choking on the smoke here in Kamloops.

That's always been the final nail in the coffin for the mid and post and no trib types. It all relies on works. Not the Cross.

The pre trib rapture of the whole church (including the surprised and shocked segment that had been busy with storing up beans in their basements 5 minutes prior to liftoff) depends on the completed work on the Cross.

Perhaps the bean collections will enable some new believers in the Trib to survive to the end. God will ensure some way that a few will survive to repopulate in the Millennium. Maybe manna, maybe the beans and buckets of Tribulation Treats that various post Trib entrepreneurs sell to their congregations of suckers.

Although I bet the manna is better, taste wise and nutrition wise.

cavalier973

Hit the nail on the head all thru this thread. Apparently I missed some fun and excitement while I was choking on the smoke here in Kamloops.

That's always been the final nail in the coffin for the mid and post and no trib types. It all relies on works. Not the Cross.

The pre trib rapture of the whole church (including the surprised and shocked segment that had been busy with storing up beans in their basements 5 minutes prior to liftoff) depends on the completed work on the Cross.

Perhaps the bean collections will enable some new believers in the Trib to survive to the end. God will ensure some way that a few will survive to repopulate in the Millennium. Maybe manna, maybe the beans and buckets of Tribulation Treats that various post Trib entrepreneurs sell to their congregations of suckers.

Although I bet the manna is better, taste wise and nutrition wise.
I think I will be too joyfully flabbergasted, myself, to gloat.

Len

I was thinking how true this was, but the upside is that those surprised storers will leave food and water for their unbelieving families to survive long enough hopefully to make a saving profession in the Lord after reading the "left behind" literature left with those same food stocks......

Personally I want the PreTrib rapture to happen soon ...... so I know if I get to eat my own stored food supply or someone else gets it!, even so come quickly Lord Jesus!