Let's talk knives who carries a one.

InsuranceGuy

You should check out the laws carrying a concealed knife. Im betting you are walking around with it concealed which is a felony in most states. I was carrying a 4.5 inch knife everywhere I went, but because its spring loaded, push a button and blade flips outs, its not allowed to be carried concealed. Surprisingly, most states laws for knifes are as restricted as carrying guns.

Im buying a new knife today.
I'm pretty certain I carry my knife illegally almost everywhere. I don't like carrying it illegally, but there isn't much of an option. The bad folks in St. Louis carry guns. My knife probably wouldn't do more than get me shot anyway, but it makes me feel better. lol I will look up the laws now though and thank you for the post. Maybe I can find a compromise online.

InsuranceGuy

MO bans switchblades due to the Federal Law. I just read on our .gov page we cannot have a pocketknife longer than 4 inches and concealing anything larger is a felony. Only Hunters, Gov. Employees and those delivering court papers to homes are allowed to carry anything larger. We cannot open carry knives here over 4 inches and spring loaded knives are a no-no. Hmmm, we have the highest murder rate per capita and are always in the top 3 for cities in the US. I guess not having a concealed knife would lower the murder rate? lol

Andy C

Hey Opie, a rational man would've looked for the knife he lost when he first realized it was no longer in his pocket. Even Milly knows that!
Has Connie sown up that hole in your bib overalls, yet?
You have no idea how well I search when something is lost. It becomes like an obsession for me, and I retrace every spot I remember being, and then search everything else. I looked for days. I just assumed it fell where I was raking, and looked in that area repeatedly. My family knows better than to tell me they cant find something, because its hard for me to rest until its found. Like I said, its odd behavior thats hard for me to stop. Lets put this to a test when we come for a visit. You wander off in the desert, and the next day I will start my searches. :snoopy

SonSeeker

You have no idea how well I search when something is lost. It becomes like an obsession for me, and I retrace every spot I remember being, and then search everything else. I looked for days. I just assumed it fell where I was raking, and looked in that area repeatedly. My family knows better than to tell me they cant find something, because its hard for me to rest until its found. Like I said, its odd behavior thats hard for me to stop.
So, did you ever find the knife? Or, are you still looking?

Len

there are not many states in Australia that allow for carrying knives over a couple of inches and I think also not too happy about one handed opening knives in particular but I have around 20 folding knives, including some kershaw spring assisted opening knives ..... I am partial to a 3.5" to 4" blade. Real Steel and Ruike Knives in particular even though made in china they use Sandvik steel which is quite a good steel at a budget price, I also have some Aussie knives made with D2 steel .... I tend to select a different knife to carry each week and prefer one handed opening knives with a flipper to the thumb tab openers.

Andy C

So, did you ever find the knife? Or, are you still looking?
No, never did find it. In reality, I could’ve placed it anywhere, but my best guess is it fell in with the leaves as I put them in the trash can.

That knife is old news now, it has been replaced with a slightly smaller but definitely legal to carry knife.

Before we hit the road for a cross country trip, hopefully both of us will be legally able to conceal carry a hand gun, so the knife issues wont really matter.

Knifes or guns, or both, its a personal decision to carry in self defense and in defense of others who are getting attacked. I pray I never have to use either