Let's Go Brandon

DWB

I was recently chastised for wearing a "Let's Go Brandon" t-shirt. Explanation being I might as well be wearing a shirt with the actual curse words. I thought the LJB shirt was a polite jab without resorting to the obvious foul language. The point was to make a statement about displeasure with our President without being nasty. Much better than what was said about Pres. Trump.

Is it all the same? Any thoughts?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I think wearing Let's Go, Brandon attire or saying it is a polite way of showing how one feels about our diabolical president. I personally don't want to waste any energy giving any form of attention to diben, so I wouldn't wear something like that myself, but I don't think there's anything wrong with doing so. If a person wants to wear clothing with a political statement, I'd lean towards something positive like MAGA.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
I think wearing Let's Go, Brandon attire or saying it is a polite way of showing how one feels about our diabolical president. I personally don't want to waste any energy giving any form of attention to diben, so I wouldn't wear something like that myself, but I don't think there's anything wrong with doing so. If a person wants to wear clothing with a political statement, I'd lean towards something positive like MAGA.
MAGA stuff is probably very popular now. I might start wearing mine.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
MAGA stuff is probably very popular now. I might start wearing mine.

I've got a MAGA hat that is camoflauge, so not as obvious as the red hat. With that one exception, I don't wear clothes with any branded items on them other than the little carhartt tag on my tshirt pockets. When I get a shirt at a running race I just toss it out because I prefer the plain clothing that's not advertising something or trying to make a statement. One exception to that was a tshirt I think my wife may have given me years ago with a cartoon drawing of an armless cowboy about to be in a gunfight. The caption was "Don't be a fool, Tall" (replace Tall with my actual first name).

Amethyst

Angie ... †
Well my honest opinion is it's gotten incredibly dumb at this point. it has worn out its welcome. I don't understand whats so funny about it that people have carried out with it for more than a week :idunno :scratch

Besides, Biden is only a puppet at this point, the people behind him are much more sinister. It turns the travesty of this admin into only a joke to laugh at.

TimeWarpWife

I don't see the problem with "Let's Go, Brandon" because it's much less offensive than the alternative. And as others have said, it's simply showing personal contempt for the illegal occupier of the WH and the satanic demon puppet masters controlling him behind the scenes who are trying to destroy this country. It's much better to wear a t-shirt, button, or hat to express discontentment.

pixelpusher

I don't understand whats so funny about it
What's so funny about it (ETA, in my opinion) is the reporter got creative and tried to cover up the people's voice, but it completely backfired and once again the fakenews got owned.

When the wicked rule, the people groan.

I agree with the sentiment. I wouldn't wear it on a shirt tho. I'd kinda like to, but I don't see any point in generally ticking people off.

Wings Like Eagles

Well my honest opinion is it's gotten incredibly dumb at this point. it has worn out its welcome. I don't understand whats so funny about it that people have carried out with it for more than a week :idunno :scratch

Besides, Biden is only a puppet at this point, the people behind him are much more sinister. It turns the travesty of this admin into only a joke to laugh at.
I think it is in the same humour vein as Trump supporters calling themselves "Deplorables"--a way to mock the person who fabricated the erroneous assessment.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
What's so funny about it (ETA, in my opinion) is the reporter got creative and tried to cover up the people's voice, but it completely backfired and once again the fakenews got owned.
I know where the phrase comes from I just meant its not funny enough to be spray painted and put on everything under the sun.

If someone doesnt like Biden just say it. :idunno Everyone knows who "Brandon" is so they're not concealing anything and it is not an inside joke.

ozaprah

Not trying to be critical, but personally I wouldn't be comfortable wearing or promoting the LGB attire.
When watching the circulating video of John Hagee's Cornerstone church all chanting 'L..G..B..' from the church pews I felt sad (and uncomfortable) thinking about what what Jesus would feel if he walked in at this moment. Time is short. We need to get about doing his work rather than being distracted by the things of this world. What if these churches were collectively on their knees sincerely praying for Joe Biden rather than chanting LGB.. LGB is a divisive statement that makes him the arch enemy, rather than just another fellow fallen human being in need of God's grace and mercy.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God

TT, don't you get upset if someone says heck as a replacement curse word instead of hell? I view "Let's go Brandon" as the exact same thing for "**** Joe Biden."

Not trying to be critical, but personally I wouldn't be comfortable wearing or promoting the LGB attire.
When watching the circulating video of John Hagee's Cornerstone church all chanting 'L..G..B..' from the church pews I felt sad (and uncomfortable) thinking about what what Jesus would feel if he walked in at this moment. Time is short. We need to get about doing his work rather than being distracted by the things of this world. What if these churches were collectively on their knees sincerely praying for Joe Biden rather than chanting LGB.. LGB is a divisive statement that makes him the arch enemy, rather than just another fellow fallen human being in need of God's grace and mercy.

Playing both sides here, Jesus did his fair share of insulting people and making inflammatory remarks, as did Paul. Jesus called the pharisees whitewashed tombs, and Paul told the circumcision crowd to finish the job and chop off their own manhood. (Gal 5:12 As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!)

I don't personally feel comfortable saying "Let's go Brandon" just because it implies the phrase "f*** Joe Biden," but I don't necessarily think it's wrong to insult people or say something politically incorrect as long as it isn't crass. It also depends on the context. If you are apologizing (defense, not sorry), maybe it is appropriate. Sharing the gospel, probably not. My opinion isn't fully developed

ozaprah

I don't personally feel comfortable saying "Let's go Brandon" just because it implies the phrase "f*** Joe Biden,"
Agree, that was my exact point. When we say something like this we automatically think the other phrase in our head. I do not think it is useful for me to do that in my head. My head has enough problems! We are to be salt and light to the world. Our primary weapon is the love of Christ. I have no problem with righteous indignation, but on this one my heart and head says no.

Aiyanna

I personally don't see anything wrong with it. I think it's funny. I will admit that I've been getting more and more fed up with everything that's been going on. I won't list everything, but I thought I was going to lose my job just this last week because of the things Biden has been pushing (fortunately I found out that my boss and the regional manager think highly of me, by the grace of God, and promised me that I had nothing to worry about).
So yeah.... My thoughts toward Biden and his..... Assortment of "colleagues".... hasn't always been Godly. I try and often fail at not getting angry. And I also had a few choice words for my present Gov. Kate Brown. Again, I try not to, but have been failing lately. The..... funny?.... Thing is, I'm not one prone to anger. Never have been. Even when an angry customer is yelling profanity in my face, I don't feel anger. But I guess fear causes anger sometimes, which is probably just one of many reasons God says fear isn't of Him.

I guess it's a good thing that I'm saved by the grace of Jesus and not by works.

This "let's go Brandon" thing kind of makes me smile and is almost....... Comforting? At least I know I'm not completely alone in my frustrations I guess? A misery loves company kind of thing?

I guess you can label this "A confessions of a sinner" moment.

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
I love it, personally. It shows displeasure with the entire system, from the President that was "elected" with more votes than Obama (does anyone really expect us to believe that?) to the reporter that tried to hide the people's voices by saying that they were chanting something that they obviously were not. Big tech, the news media, politicians, celebrity and intellectual elites have all been trying to squelch the voice of "we the people." I think that every time people start chanting "let's go Brandon", those that are trying to enslave us start getting a bit nervous. This is real grassroots- people are tired of being told to shut up, and only think one way. "F--- Joe Biden" started spontaneously and it's giving people the power to realize that it's actually a minority that is trying to make us say that boys can be girls, if you say anything against a liberal that makes you a racist, and all the other horse pucks that they are trying to feed us. Do I like the words? Not particularly. Do I think they should be chanted in church? Absolutely not. But I do like that people are finally not afraid to use their freedom of speech against the established elite and I'm grateful that the euphemism "Let's go Brandon" doesn't actually have any cusswords in it.