Legalism guidance and a tragic outcome

twerpv

A man is what a man does. Given the article and how those church ‘leaders’ treated the situation and those involved, tells me (my opinion only) that this guy MacArthur can go pound sand. I care not a whit what “great sermons” he has spewed.
I won’t apologize for having absolutely no patience for a child and/or wife abuser. (Not MacArthur, but the husband).

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
in this post I was referring to:

Numerous people put a “100%” agreement reaction to it. So obviously numerous people on here think MacArthur is 100% not saved
I’m not arguing or agreeing, just hadn’t truly considered it. Considering his reputation just for one.
I agree with matt. That is the big problem with MacArthur as a calvinist. He doesn't have salvation right. Calvinist believe you are predestined to go to heaven or hell. TBH when I called him an apostate, I was more focused on his departure from the true orthodox faith defined in the Bible. Free will, choice, gift by Gods grace by faith. He is very dangerous because of his large influence. Very sad indeed.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
You know, I think it would be good for people in this movement to do a word study on choice, choose, willling, not willing, and any other similar types of words in the bible to get a perspective of how free will is really very much an aspect of salvation. That would help in opening up some eyes on this.

sawas

True Story

Some time back, my wife and I stopped attending our small, local, independent church when they hired a graduate of the Masters Seminary. And, yes, I warned an elder friend that I feared that it would not end well, saying specifically that they (Cals) are not who or what they try to appear to be.

I just recently heard that, being only a few months shy of the end of his 3-year contract, the church decided that they wanted (needed) him gone, ASAP. The issue was twofold: a) increasingly strident Calvinism (naturally), and b) most surprisingly, he was accused of "packing" the congregation solely to help vote out the elders (and end the elder governance of this church). Enter the lawyers and money. (No guns, LOL).

So many had assumed that this small church was so blessed to have been able to attract such a "well-qualified" pastoral candidate. At the time, I was already aware of the risk of "Stealth Calvinism", where they attempt to sound like (normal) "dispensational, pre-trib" believers, only slowly introducing the usual legalism and TULIP elements, sort of like baby food. This issue of "congregation packing" is more shocking to me, in large part because it can be casually mistaken for positive church growth, when it's far more sinister.

All of which reminds me:

Matthew 7:15 - Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

twerpv

True Story

Some time back, my wife and I stopped attending our small, local, independent church when they hired a graduate of the Masters Seminary. And, yes, I warned an elder friend that I feared that it would not end well, saying specifically that they (Cals) are not who or what they try to appear to be.

I just recently heard that, being only a few months shy of the end of his 3-year contract, the church decided that they wanted (needed) him gone, ASAP. The issue was twofold: a) increasingly strident Calvinism (naturally), and b) most surprisingly, he was accused of "packing" the congregation solely to help vote out the elders (and end the elder governance of this church). Enter the lawyers and money. (No guns, LOL).

So many had assumed that this small church was so blessed to have been able to attract such a "well-qualified" pastoral candidate. At the time, I was already aware of the risk of "Stealth Calvinism", where they attempt to sound like (normal) "dispensational, pre-trib" believers, only slowly introducing the usual legalism and TULIP elements, sort of like baby food. This issue of "congregation packing" is more shocking to me, in large part because it can be casually mistaken for positive church growth, when it's far more sinister.

All of which reminds me:

Matthew 7:15 - Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
That’s a great observation and a reminder that we do not follow a human nor any church. I love our church and personally know and am friends with our pastors. However, the day we allow this apostasy to infect the preaching is the day I gone. I’ll fight it, I’ll speak out against it but I will not be a party to it. Pretty sure our pastors and elders are aligned as well.

Cloud Watcher

That article is really sickening. Those church leaders were wrong on so many levels. They are the ones who need to repent.