Left behind? Want to survive until the Glorious Appearing? DON'T!

Rocky Rivera

For those left behind -- if you are reading this, the first order of business is to get right with the LORD. If you've already done that, that's AWESOME -- welcome to the family of God. For those left behind but content to live in their sin and reject the LORD, my only advice is this -- stay alive as long as you can.

But for you who believe in the Name of our LORD Jesus Christ -- keep occupying till He comes. There are those of you who would want to survive until the Glorious Appearing of Jesus Christ. Being human myself, I can fully understand your instinct and interest of self-preservation. But, think about it for a moment. If you do survive until the Glorious Appearing -- GOOD! But, then you will bring to the Millennium your fallen, MORTAL frame. Zechariah 8:4 says, "Thus says the LORD of hosts; Old men and old women shall again sit in the streets of Jerusalem, each one with his staff in his hand because of great age." Now, nothing wrong with that but do you really want to be a senior citizen for a thousand years?

Now, if the LORD should desire that you survive until the Glorious Appearing -- VERY GOOD! It may be that He still wants you to earn even more rewards so that when it's finally time to shed that mortal frame of yours, the harvest will be even sweeter because you've had many more years to labor. Yet, I know that during the Tribulation period He will allow tremendous latitude to both the enemy and the believer.

What I'm trying to say is that during the Earth's final seven years before the coming of the Conquering King, if you are a believer -- do all you can to lay your life down for the King, in both service and sacrifice. More than likely, giving your all in service to God during the Tribulation period will earn you martyrdom. But rejoice -- you'll be coming back with Christ in a NEW, glorified body that will be like the resurrection body of the LORD Jesus Christ! Not to mention you'll also get the crown of life, and the extra rewards that come from enduring martyrdom! You will have gone from the tent to the mansion, from the slums to the palace, from being the wimp to being the Hulk! So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” Jesus says that, "He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it." I believe it finds its ultimate meaning here. If you're a believer who survives until the Glorious Appearing, you've only gone from a tent to an apartment, and from the wimp to a longer-living wimp. I don't know about you, but I want my resurrection upgrades!

Now, if you're an unbeliever reading this RIGHT NOW, you don't need to go through a severe period of tribulation in order to gain eternal life. It can be yours right now if you place your trust and faith in Jesus Christ, and ask Him to forgive your sins and save you!