Layoffs at Microsoft hit 343 industries and Bethesda Games Studios

GEOINTAnalyst

What you need to know
  • Microsoft has cut 10,000 jobs across various divisions
  • Over 60 jobs seem to be cut at 343 industries, the developer of Halo
  • Bethesda Games Studios, the team behind Starfield, Fallout and The Elder Scrolls, also seems to be aff

Today Microsoft revealed they are cutting ten thousand jobs. It’s a massive round of layoffs across various divisions within Microsoft which will be completed on March 31st. The CEO of Microsoft, Satya Nadella, announced the layoffs today in a blogpost.
In the blog post he writes: ”We’re living through times of significant change, and as I meet with customers and partners, a few things are clear. First, as we saw customers accelerate their digital spend during the pandemic, we’re now seeing them optimize their digital spend to do more with less” and he continues ”First, we will align our cost structure with our revenue and where we see customer demand. Today, we are making changes that will result in the reduction of our overall workforce by 10,000 jobs through the end of FY23 Q3.
https://xboxera.com/2023/01/18/layoffs-at-microsoft-hit-343-industries-and-bethesda-games-studios/

J2

My husband has worked for almost 20 years at Microsoft. He said that he expects many more layoffs then that to be coming and that everyone is sort of on edge wondering if their teams will be the ones cut. Thankfully, just like when the mandates hit and we were unsure as to whether he would still be allowed to work there…we have faith that God will provide and are praying that if he can be used best elsewhere, that it be so!

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
My husband has worked for almost 20 years at Microsoft. He said that he expects many more layoffs then that to be coming and that everyone is sort of on edge wondering if their teams will be the ones cut. Thankfully, just like when the mandates hit and we were unsure as to whether he would still be allowed to work there…we have faith that God will provide and are praying that if he can be used best elsewhere, that it be so!
:pray

Rock solid grounding in faith! I remember being in a similar situation and ended up being unexpectedly fired with no warning from a previous job. With plenty of bills and a baby it was hard and scary but we chose to respond in faith and God never failed us! Amen and God bless.

Back