Last Man Standing Strikes out

Burnboss

As a Christian, if you had one chance to speak to a million people at one time and you had a half hour to answer one question, the question being, “How do I get into heaven”? How would you answer?

As a true Christian and not just a name only follower, I would hope that your answer to million listeners would be through Jesus Christ.

Now you may spend 10-20 minutes sharing the Roman Road to Salvation method, or tell the story of Jesus, you may cite different passages from John, or whatever your comfort lead to answer is, but hopefully within that half hour you would have made it known that the only way into heaven was through Jesus.

Well Tim Allen and the program “Last Man Standing” that many had billed as a conservative/ Christian based program struck out big time. Their last show, they had millions of people watching, they had nothing to lose and they dropped the ball big time.

If you are familiar with the show, Kyle was planning to go into Ministry, Ed the store owner asked Kyle point blank, “How do I get into Heaven”

Kyle in his young mind way, shuddered and he-hawed around and said, it was too complicated to give him an answer. Throughout the remaining show, they have Kyle talking to his non-believing friend and brother in law for the answers.

In the end, Kyle gives his answer once again as it be complicated and said, If Ed was not there, and he (Kyle) wouldn’t want to be there ether.

Sharing the gospel (Good news) doesn’t happen too often on prime time TV, it is so sad that when given that one chance to hit a homerun for the Lord, they blew it hook, line and sinker. Even a simple just saying “Jesus” would have been a base hit.

Burnboss out

Andy C

I was also a little disappointed on this. However, it is a sitcom, and Kyle has several times mentioned believing in Jesus over the years on this show. For his character, and the character of Ed, Kyles final explanation was good, just not the answer we all wanted to hear.

Wings Like Eagles

As a Christian, if you had one chance to speak to a million people at one time and you had a half hour to answer one question, the question being, “How do I get into heaven”? How would you answer?

As a true Christian and not just a name only follower, I would hope that your answer to million listeners would be through Jesus Christ.

Now you may spend 10-20 minutes sharing the Roman Road to Salvation method, or tell the story of Jesus, you may cite different passages from John, or whatever your comfort lead to answer is, but hopefully within that half hour you would have made it known that the only way into heaven was through Jesus.

Well Tim Allen and the program “Last Man Standing” that many had billed as a conservative/ Christian based program struck out big time. Their last show, they had millions of people watching, they had nothing to lose and they dropped the ball big time.

If you are familiar with the show, Kyle was planning to go into Ministry, Ed the store owner asked Kyle point blank, “How do I get into Heaven”

Kyle in his young mind way, shuddered and he-hawed around and said, it was too complicated to give him an answer. Throughout the remaining show, they have Kyle talking to his non-believing friend and brother in law for the answers.

In the end, Kyle gives his answer once again as it be complicated and said, If Ed was not there, and he (Kyle) wouldn’t want to be there ether.

Sharing the gospel (Good news) doesn’t happen too often on prime time TV, it is so sad that when given that one chance to hit a homerun for the Lord, they blew it hook, line and sinker. Even a simple just saying “Jesus” would have been a base hit.

Burnboss out
It is highly unlikely that those controlling ANY network would permit a full gospel presentation. They are not believers, for the most part, and the gospel offends them. I'm actually amazed that they permitted a major character to be depicted as wanting to pursue becoming a pastor. But, it is something of a victory over the Satanic entertainment industry.

I think that most people are tired of the filth put out by "entertainers". Ersatz spirituality is the probable next stop for those on the train to perdition. New Age spirituality will likely get a boost from the UFO junk that is being promoted. Just as communism wars against human nature, so does atheism. We were created to be spiritual by Our Creator. What the enemy of our souls tries to do is to pervert that spiritual nature to believe anything but the truth--that we are sinners in dire need of a Saviour.

Burnboss

I understand the network view, but still disappointed. This is why I asked up front, if you had that one chance to drop the mic, to say what you believe before walking off the set. Would you or would it be easier to follow the wide path?
How many Preachers on talk shows, or news have that one moment to proclaim.... and they give a worldly answer. so sad

Amethyst

Angie ... †
You never know though. The director and actors could've shot a scene with all that you're talking about and the networks made them take it out and reshoot the scene.
Sometimes actors and producers try but they don't have the final say.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I remember that football player who started giving glory to Jesus Christ on live TV and said the Name....I think he actually started preaching....and the network "accidentally" cut him off....or did they "run out of time?" I can't remember but I was so proud of him.
Are you referring to Tim Tebow? He may be playing with the Jacksonville Jaguars as tightend. Read Sporting Dugout.

Last edited:

RonJohnSilver

I understand the network view, but still disappointed. This is why I asked up front, if you had that one chance to drop the mic, to say what you believe before walking off the set. Would you or would it be easier to follow the wide path?
How many Preachers on talk shows, or news have that one moment to proclaim.... and they give a worldly answer. so sad

They are still without excuse.

Psalm37v4

This might sound weird or even crazy...but I'd be shaking all over the place from anxiety and tension....and do my very best to say, "If you want to go to heaven, trust and believe that Jesus died for your sins - past present and future, and rose again for you." I am naturally high strung (thanx ADHD) and I'd have to pray for the Lord to give me boldness to speak in front of millions of potential viewers.

Is Tim Allen a believer? Just curious.