Largest Fentanyl Drug Bust In History Made As Truck Tried Crossing The Southern Border

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/30/fentanyl-drug-bust-southern-border/

U.S. Customs and Border Patrol seized enough fentanyl to kill over 50 million people from a truck that was trying to cross the southern border into the United States, according to an investigation by “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

“Well, the U.S. border patrol has made the biggest fentanyl bust in history. An enormous amount, enough fentanyl to kill—they estimate—57 million people. That’s more than the combined population of the states of Illinois, New York and Pennsylvania. It’s a lot,” Carlson stated.

“We got our hands on an internal memo from U.S. Customs and Border Patrol that details this bust. The biggest fentanyl seizure in U.S. history,” Fox News Correspondent Hillary Vaughn began. “According to the memo, four days ago in Nogales, Arizona, at the port of entry, CBP officers stopped a tractor-trailer crossing the U.S.-Mexico border into the U.S. with enough fentanyl to kill 57 million people. That’s plenty of fatal dose to wipe out the entire populations of Texas, Arizona and New York state combined.”

She continued:

They found this under the floor of the trailer. They found 114 kilograms of fentanyl. According to the DEA, just two milligrams is considered a lethal dose. They also grabbed 179 kg of methamphetamine and one gram of fentanyl in pill form. The street value for the fentanyl over $102 million. The CBP officers arrested the smuggler, a Mexican national who attempted to drive the drugs across the border. The suspect was a part of the DHS’s trusted traveler program called FAST, that stands for free and secure trade for commercial vehicles. The program started after 9/11.....

madcat

TRex2

U.S. Customs and Border Patrol seized enough fentanyl to kill over 50 million people from a truck that was trying to cross the southern border into the United States, according to an investigation by “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”
while this was a major bust, and the cartels would have loved for it to have "slipped by"
it was really just a diversion, so that they, along with the Leftists in our government and media
could promote this message:
It was seized at a port of entry, not at a place where there was no wall.
which is designed to make it look like a wall would be no help

the huge amount was designed to prevent this question from being heard:
True enough but that was a large amount. How much is carried by the illegals coming through at other than an entry port?

Kenny

remember it's not just a wall but high tech electronics. which in my opinion is better than just a wall, but both is great.
Yes, and this is what President Trump wants, a wall where it is needed and all the electronics. We must know who is coming into our country, and drug and human trafficking must be slowed or stopped. Please President Trump do not listen to the bean counters in Washington, but listen to the experts on the border who know what is needed. God be with you.

SonSeeker

True enough but that was a large amount. How much is carried by the illegals coming through at other than an entry port?
That's a great question, and the answer is they really don't know. There are so many miles where the border is simply a barbed wire fence easily penetrated by a pair of wire cutters sold at any hardware store.:doh Any numbers given about how much drugs are being successfully smuggled into the US are highly suspect. If CBP had perfect knowledge of where every load was coming through, they could seize them all. Trouble is they don't have that perfect knowledge because the smugglers are very resourceful and they're always changing routes and methods of getting their product through.

There's another aspect of this that few talk about. The smugglers don't get paid unless they are successful in their smuggling endeavor. Whereas, the good guys trying to stop the smuggling get paid regardless. I'm not saying Border Patrol is goofing off, or just driving around until the end of their shift. Far from it! Those that I've met are very dedicated and knowledgeable about their job, and are doing all they can to stop the smugglers. But they can only do so much.

We not only need a wall, we also need more electronic surveillance. And we as a nation need to help those addicted to all drugs to get off of whatever they're addicted to. The fewer addicts we have, the less profit for the smugglers, and our nation would be more productive with fewer addicts wasting away in some prison. God, please help us.

Jeri minton

I have a dumb question.....from what I see the Mexican authorities are helping the caravans to get to our border, in many ways....drugs are coming in, human trafficking is being enabled, and many of our laws are going to be broken....question, What is wrong with the US cutting all ties with Mexico?
I'm sure it wouldn't be popular, but Mexico is enabling and encouraging these caravan assaults on our country...cut off their aid and tax all money that people working here are sending back to Mexico...we have leverage to use against Mexico why not use it?

Kenny

I have a dumb question.....from what I see the Mexican authorities are helping the caravans to get to our border, in many ways....drugs are coming in, human trafficking is being enabled, and many of our laws are going to be broken....question, What is wrong with the US cutting all ties with Mexico?
I'm sure it wouldn't be popular, but Mexico is enabling and encouraging these caravan assaults on our country...cut off their aid and tax all money that people working here are sending back to Mexico...we have leverage to use against Mexico why not use it?
Or, how about annexing Mexico into the USA, then we could send military down there and wipe out the big drug cartels. Maybe divide it up into 3 or 4 States and install State Governments. Then if the others (Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama) cause any trouble, annex them too, then it will be easy to secure our southern border. Just throwing that out there.

SonSeeker

That's not a dumb question, Jeri. And I'm sure it's still on Trump's table, although that would be the very last resort for him. On the surface, it seems like an easy thing to do. But, cutting all ties with Mexico is easier said than done. Both countries benefit when there is free trade between us, Mexico grows a lot of produce that is shipped to the US, and there are many, many factories in Mexico(some of them US companies) building goods for the American market. It would be counter productive to stop all trade as more people would be hurt by it than helped by it. But, it is good to consider that if push comes to shove, President Trump does have the ability to close the border completely, although for only a short period of time.

SonSeeker

Or, how about annexing Mexico into the USA, then we could send military down there and wipe out the big drug cartels. Maybe divide it up into 3 or 4 States and install State Governments. Then if the others (Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama) cause any trouble, annex them too, then it will be easy to secure our southern border. Just throwing that out there.
Not a bad idea, Kenny. But, can't you just hear what the naysayers would be screaming? Yankee Imperialism! Putin would be all over that! That's what the entire world would think even if Mexico shouted from the rooftops that it was all their idea, and they are welcoming the US to take over their country.
Although, it would be cool if Mexico invited our military down there just to clean up the mess the cartels have created.:thumbup

TRex2

They found this under the floor of the trailer. They found 114 kilograms of fentanyl. According to the DEA, just two milligrams is considered a lethal dose. They also grabbed 179 kg of methamphetamine and one gram of fentanyl in pill form. The street value for the fentanyl over $102 million. The CBP officers arrested the smuggler, a Mexican national who attempted to drive the drugs across the border. The suspect was a part of the DHS’s trusted traveler program called FAST, that stands for free and secure trade for commercial vehicles. The program started after 9/11.....
Over the weekend, we had another "biggest ever" Fentalyl bust, this time in a Mexican port, in route to Sinaloa province of Mexico.
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/08/25/25-tons-of-fentanyl-from-china-seized-in-mexico/

Be expecting several announcements, over the next few years about huge shipments of fentanyl. But never forget that a cold war, which is what is happening (between the US and China, as well as on on many other fronts), deception and confusion are the biggest and most important tools.

As with the previous "largest ever" bust, I don't think anyone ever heard if the fentanyl was a high grade and pure, or was it just some fentalyl mixed into something else, so that they would get a positive reading. Don't expect to hear anything like that this time either.

The previous "largest ever" bust (the one that started this thread) was a decoy. It was at a port of entry, and grabbed the nation's headlines to obscure what our enemies were really doing. The real shipments were across uncontrolled areas of the border, miles away.

None of us knows, yet, if this latest "largest ever" bust is the real stuff, or something laced with just enough fentanyl to give a positive in drug tests, and thereby keep all of us busy dealing with it, while the real stuff is moved elsewhere.

GotGrace

Over the weekend, we had another "biggest ever" Fentalyl bust, this time in a Mexican port, in route to Sinaloa province of Mexico.
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/08/25/25-tons-of-fentanyl-from-china-seized-in-mexico/

Be expecting several announcements, over the next few years about huge shipments of fentanyl. But never forget that a cold war, which is what is happening (between the US and China, as well as on on many other fronts), deception and confusion are the biggest and most important tools.

As with the previous "largest ever" bust, I don't think anyone ever heard if the fentanyl was a high grade and pure, or was it just some fentalyl mixed into something else, so that they would get a positive reading. Don't expect to hear anything like that this time either.

The previous "largest ever" bust (the one that started this thread) was a decoy. It was at a port of entry, and grabbed the nation's headlines to obscure what our enemies were really doing. The real shipments were across uncontrolled areas of the border, miles away.

None of us knows, yet, if this latest "largest ever" bust is the real stuff, or something laced with just enough fentanyl to give a positive in drug tests, and thereby keep all of us busy dealing with it, while the real stuff is moved elsewhere.
You may be on to something here. I have no idea how these crazy people operate. I just wish they could be shut down. What I wonder about is if the stuff is so deadly how in the world is it packaged for shipping without the handlers all dropping dead?

madcat

I agree. What seasoned drug smuggler in their right mind, would bring a mega-shipment of any illegal substance through a regulated and guarded port of entry???? That story was so pathetic, but of course the LMS ate it up and spit it out to their audience who will believe anything they hear.
So this begs the question, was this a Trojan Horse coordinated with the crossing “guards” as the decoy? Probably.

TRex2

So this begs the question, was this a Trojan Horse coordinated with the crossing “guards” as the decoy? Probably.
I doubt that it was coordinated (I could be wrong) with the guards, but it is likely they had intel that helped them find it, and the driver was probably told that if he was arrested that his family would be well off for the rest of their lives. The mob here in the states has been known to do similar stuff, although not with the professionalism that I have observed in the Mexican cartels.