Lapid tells Macron that only a credible military threat can stop Iran nuclear drive

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Lapid tells Macron that only a credible military threat can stop Iran nuclear drive
On last leg of his 3-day trip to London and Paris, FM urges European powers to ensure sanctions on Iran are not removed, warns Tehran just buying time to push ahead nuke program
By Lazar Berman

Wrapping up a three-day trip to London and Paris, Foreign Minister Yair Lapid emphasized to French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday Israel’s position that sanctions must not be removed from Iran, and that only a credible military threat will stop Tehran’s nuclear program. According to the Foreign Ministry, the two spoke at length about the Iran nuclear talks in Vienna, which kicked off Monday after a nearly six-month hiatus.

Lapid told Macron that Israel believes Iran is merely buying time at the talks in order to continue making progress in its nuclear program, and to gain relief from crippling economic sanctions. Israel’s top diplomat also emphasized the need to develop an effective Plan B if talks fail.

“After many years, Israel’s position is being heard and Israel’s position is firm,” he said. “Sanctions on Iran must not be removed. Sanctions must be tightened, a credible military threat must be applied, because only that will stop its nuclear race.” Lapid’s talk with Macron came a day after the French leader spoke with Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi, who demanded the lifting of sanctions as a first step to reentering the nuclear deal.

more............. https://www.timesofisrael.com/lapid...-military-threat-can-stop-iran-nuclear-drive/

Len

I was thinking that surely the bible would of mentioned something like an atomic bomb being dropped on Israel as thats a lot of civilians getting killed eh! ..... so I am feeling confident that a nuclear Iran will not be where that threat against them comes from ..... not to say their race for a bomb is not going to continue etc etc but If I was Iran I would be more worried about Israel dropping one on me! ...... does anyone think an atomic bomb will drop on anyone anytime pre rapture?

daygo

I was thinking that surely the bible would of mentioned something like an atomic bomb being dropped on Israel as thats a lot of civilians getting killed eh! ..... so I am feeling confident that a nuclear Iran will not be where that threat against them comes from ..... not to say their race for a bomb is not going to continue etc etc but If I was Iran I would be more worried about Israel dropping one on me! ...... does anyone think an atomic bomb will drop on anyone anytime pre rapture?
I'm confident as well.

athenasius

Depends on whether or not Isaiah 17 and the other prophecies of Damascus destruction like Jeremiah 49 or over in Amos are pre Rapture or mid to post Rapture. A bomb may not go off INSIDE Israel, but there is a possibility it might go off in Damascus and affect Israel to a smaller degree at least in the north, closest to Syria. Is it a bomb? The Bible doesn't say, it says a fire. But like the fire from heaven on Gog and Magog in Ezekiel 38 it has some close similarities to a small nuke.

Considering the weapons stored in and around Damascus, plus Iran's habit of constantly bringing weapons in and storing them there, it's not a stretch to think one day it will be a small suitcase nuke or something of that nature.

There is a lot of terminology that might be suggestive of a serious devastation hitting northern Israel in other words the ancient territory of the tribe of Ephraim, near the border with Syria. When God declares the remnant of Aram will be like the glory of the Israelites, then says the glory of Jacob will fade, he is saying Aram (Syria) is going to be in tough shape, like Israel/Jacob is suffering. In that day (that terminology alone suggests post Rapture and into the Tribulation period) the glory of Jacob will fade/fat of his body waste away like the gleanings of grain left after the harvest. A few gleanings remain, a few olives on the topmost branches.

That suggests there are survivors after some serious devastation.

Notice the are of the valley of the Rephaim. That today is the major train route from Tel Aviv/Jaffa to Jerusalem. Ephraim in vs 3 is NORTHERN ISRAEL and that valley of the Rephaim is near the ancient borders of Ephraim.

Is 17:3-6
3The fortified city will disappear from Ephraim,
and royal power from Damascus;

the remnant of Aram will be
like the glory of the Israelites,”
declares the Lord Almighty.

4 “In that day the glory of Jacob will fade;
the fat of his body will waste away.

5 It will be as when reapers harvest the standing grain,
gathering the grain in their arms—
as when someone gleans heads of grain
in the Valley of Rephaim.
6 Yet some gleanings will remain,
as when an olive tree is beaten,
leaving two or three olives on the topmost branches,
four or five on the fruitful boughs,”
declares the Lord, the God of Israel.

7 In that day people will look to their Maker
and turn their eyes to the Holy One of Israel.

Looking at these passages in context over and over it's repeated "in that day" which many prophecy teachers point out, refers to Jacob's Trouble or what we call the Tribulation period. The purpose of verse 7 is very clear, and that is the purpose of God towards Israel during the Tribulation period. So this destruction of Damascus looks like it begins to turn Israel back to God. That occurs after the Rapture as Israel's blindness is lifted (the passage of Paul discussing the blindness of Israel)

It happens overnight. Both Isaiah and Jeremiah are very clear on that point.

By morning Damascus is gone. But Israel doesn't appear unscathed.

The damage to Israel goes as far down as that valley of the Rephaim in the area of Ephraim. That would be consistent with some kind of nuclear bomb going off near Damascus. IF that is what God uses, and He may not. It may be fire from heaven direct.

Jeremiah adds more details. Some kind of fire is involved.

When looking at Jeremiah it's important to remember God is asking a rhetorical question in verse 25, which He answers in 26 and 27. The city of renown that God delights in is JERUSALEM not Damascus. The fate of the two cities is contrasted. in vs 26 it's back to Damascus, and their young men fall in the streets, silenced in death in ONE DAY. God announces that HE set fire to the walls of Damascus and the fortress of Ben Hadad, that was the palace and the armoury of the time. Ben Hadad was the ruler of Damascus and the surrounding areas.

Jeremiah 49:23-
23 Concerning Damascus:

“Hamath and Arpad are dismayed,
for they have heard bad news.
They are disheartened,
troubled like the restless sea.

24 Damascus has become feeble,
she has turned to flee
and panic has gripped her;
anguish and pain have seized her,
pain like that of a woman in labor.

25 Why has the city of renown not been abandoned,
the town in which I delight?

26 Surely, her young men will fall in the streets;
all her soldiers will be silenced in that day,”
declares the Lord Almighty.

27 “I will set fire to the walls of Damascus;
it will consume the fortresses of Ben-Hadad.”

Lovin Jesus

Interesting that this is coming up again. I posted on the forum in 2020 that Macron had brought up his plan for a ten nation military alliance. He had said Europe could not rely on NATO any longer and that the US was not a dependable ally anymore. What caught my immediate attention was his mention of a "ten nation military alliance". How ironic that he said ten because the fourth beast system of Daniel 7 says it will have ten horns, ten kingdoms.

https://www.raptureforums.com/forum...on-unveils-european-defence-coalition.167944/