Lake of Fire

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Why God allow the satan roaming free in the Universe???

I was reading Revelation last night about how satan is released from the Abyss once more and then gathers a great army to come against God's city. It's incredible that in such a wonderful environment of the Kingdom of God that even then souls refuse faith in Christ and allegiance to Him (a testament to the falleness of human nature).

As I was reading it seemed that one result of satans's release exposes the truth of where each soul really stands with God. For Him or against Him. Hearts exposed in resulting actions which then shows God's absolute righteousnes and justice in His dealings with those who align themselves in such rebellion.

I do wonder if God permits satan's activities, up to a point within God's sovereignty, to test hearts at times, to prove character. Satan would seek to destroy humans, God seeks to see if there's faith and perhaps to see if one demonstrates evidence of faith, or increased faith, which is more precious than gold to Him..

Paul spoke of handing 2 guys, who'd shipwrecked their faith, over to satan....it seems in a disciplining measure:

Cling to your faith in Christ, and keep your conscience clear. For some people have deliberately violated their consciences; as a result, their faith has been shipwrecked. Hymenaeus and Alexander are two examples. I threw them out and handed them over to Satan so they might learn not to blaspheme God.

It seems they lost their moral compass somehow and satan was permitted to be used as a tool to bring discipline (perhaps to teach and shape Godly character back into their lives).

1 Tim 1:19-20

By the way, the fact that this was for learning discipline to me shows how one can actually be saved but can sure look like an unsaved person (only God knows the heart).

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
We have a relationship unlike angels, we have sonship and inheritance, something vastly deeper.

What an incredible, amazing blessing God has provided us!! I can hardly wrap my mind around such a privilege God graciously and lovingly made open to those in Christ, activated by faith in Him.

It puts into perspective why we have such an enemy in satan. For he insanely sought to overthrow God, whereas God invites us in relationship and deep connection with Him. Satan unsuccessfully sought glory for himself, instead God incredibly says that we will share in Christ's glory as God the Father's children!

And if [we are His] children, [then we are His] heirs also: heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ [sharing His spiritual blessing and inheritance], if indeed we share in His suffering so that we may also share in His glory. For I consider [from the standpoint of faith] that the sufferings of the present life are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us and in us!

Romans 8:17-18 Amp

I think, 'who am I that God would be so gracious?' Of course I am nothing but in His graciousnes and mercy, God is greatly glorified.

MikeD

I too ask as was stated "who am I that God would be so gracious?!?
Many times we see ourselves to be only selfish, unwilling to be thankful, being so caught up in the world we forget the awesome gift God gave us in Jesus Christ! God and Jesus are so willing for forgiveness toward us it's a wonder He doesn't come right out and say Ok that's it! You've given yourselves to things of the world and have forgotten my gifts I have given to you! Yet God doesn't do this. He still receives us for and who we are! How unbelievably awesome is His love grace and mercy!!

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Recently I heard a pastor emphasize how we are not saved by merit, what we do or don't do, but only by God's grace. It's a wonderful truth to stand on when we struggle on our Christian path, while allowing God to work out Christlikeness in our lives. :)

Len

I heard a pastor emphasize how we are not saved by merit, what we do or don't do, but only by God's grace
Exactly .......
Titus 3:5-7
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

lowlyservant

Regarding the opening post, I would like to also mention that brimstone is an old-fashioned name for sulfur, a chemical that can be found in volcanoes.

NKJV Revelation 21:8. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Len

It must be a specially designed place far away from our physical universe, located in another dimension, with currently unknown physical and spiritual properties engineered to function with its future inhabitants in mind. Of course, God can also reformat the bodies of those future residents with sensitivities commensurate with their intended punishment.
I remember hearing a sermon teaching Hell was also a bottomless pit without light and that those interned would also be continuously falling with nothing to give any sense of direction ....... the reason I mention this is that in Rev 20:14 it says "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." so I think that you may very well be onto something eh! as maybe there is a seperation of sorts in the lake of fire ..... obviously I dont know just conjecture after what you pointed out.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Throw into Second Death "That mean they will not live therefore death mean gone perish?" Unless I am wrong about an as they let live but torment of eternal damnation?

As my question there is no way for them to escape from the Lake of Fire? Similar to stay there forever without escape?

I need to be clear persception!
Dragon, I THINK once a soul has entered into the lake of fire, they are there throughout eternity. There is no way to escape. And their souls are always alive in that torment.
Hope this helps

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Rev.14:9-11

A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, 10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury,which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

May I ask a question about verse 10??
*They will be tormented with burning sulfer in the presence of the Holy Angels and of the Lamb*

What does this mean?? Will the Holy Angels be present in hell or lake of fire to watch over it? I know Jesus can be everywhere at once, so does this mean that He will be there also???
This verse has always confused me

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
JoyJoyJoy: Do you remember David's psalm:

Psalm 139:7-12 Holman Christian Standard Bible
7 Where can I go to escape Your Spirit?
Where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I go up to heaven, You are there;
if I make my bed in Sheol, You are there.
9 If I live at the eastern horizon
or settle at the western limits,
10 even there Your hand will lead me;
Your right hand will hold on to me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me,
and the light around me will be night”—
12 even the darkness is not dark to You.
The night shines like the day;
darkness and light are alike to You.

We cannot escape God. Those who are judged, are judged in His presence -at His Throne. He knows exactly what is to be done and executes a just and holy judgement.

It is so difficult to conceive, but remember time is a constraint of our world, not His heavenly realm. It is always Now.

But in the fullness of His holiness, there is a place where sin and evil are destined. A repository that also includes our own sin.

Psalm 103:12
As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.

Isaiah 57:1
The righteous one perishes, and no one takes it to heart; faithful men are swept away, with no one realizing that the righteous one is swept away from the presence of evil.

All the evil, the brokenness, the missing the mark, along with the chief instigator of rebellion will stand trial and be sentenced.

As the lost are now in eternal bodies, facing and Eternal Perfect Judge, the penalty is just as eternal. See how the cast off are not destroyed as if a piece of firewood, but continue on wailing, gnashing their teeth.... because they know why they are where they have been sent.

And the ultimate punishment is separation from God.

Matthew 13:48-50 Holman Christian Standard Bible
48 and when it was full, they dragged it ashore, sat down, and gathered the good fish into containers, but threw out the worthless ones. 49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will go out, separate the evil people from the righteous, 50 and throw them into the blazing furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Certainly God can rescue from a fiery furnace, but that requires Faith in a Redeemer.

The faithless have no such rescue.

That is why it is so important to examine your faith now!
Is it in You, in stuff, in some force or idea?

Or is it in Perfection ... John 14:6.

lowlyservant

The fire that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah was of fire and brimstone. It is likely that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah with volcanic eruptions.

Back