Lack Of Help In Stores!

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
We have been noticing there is a lack of help in stores. They have put lines for scanning yourself out. It is this way at Walmart and our grocery store. We were going to go to KFC last night, and when I got to the speaker they didn't have the chicken we needed for our order. They said no thighs, and 1 breast. We went to put gas in our car, and then went by there again. There was a big line of people so they must have got chicken cooked. We didn't wait for the line so we went to Subway instead. Also, we are noticing empty shelves that wasn't like that before.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Maybe it just hasn't hit you yet. We were doing good until just recently. They may be having a truck delivery problem.

There's always empty shelf space in Fairbanks but there's a lot more empty space there now. On this trip there was noticeable empty spaces at the Laramie grocery stores and also in Colorado Springs. I doubt Cheyenne will be any different.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Maybe it just hasn't hit you yet. We were doing good until just recently. They may be having a truck delivery problem.

You might be right about the trucks. I'm hearing that drivers are hard to find not hit with the newer bug. Then there's weather related traveling that's created travel limits.

Companies are also struggling with finding some needed resources for packaging so product can't go out. It could be something as simple as a needed glue for label. Or in the case of cat, food aluminum is now hard to come by so soft cat food is pretty scarce at some places (by the way, I've started adding water to good, dry cat food, letting it soak first before feeding, cats love it and is actually healthier....just a helpful tip).

Some issues are with ingredients for certain packaged foods also hard to come by, according to a businessman I know, who at times can't offer some of his products.

Then there's port issues, shipping challanges, etc.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
You might be right about the trucks. I'm hearing that drivers are hard to find not hit with the newer bug. Then there's weather related traveling that's created travel limits.

Companies are also struggling with finding some needed resources for packaging so product can't go out. It could be something as simple as a needed glue for label. Or in the case of cat, food aluminum is now hard to come by so soft cat food is pretty scarce at some places (by the way, I've started adding water to good, dry cat food, letting it soak first before feeding, cats love it and is actually healthier....just a helpful tip).

Some issues are with ingredients for certain packaged foods also hard to come by, according to a businessman I know, who at times can't offer some of his products.

Then there's port issues, shipping challanges, etc.
That is a good tip on the soaking the crunchy food, and I have been getting the cat food for $1 a can at Dollar Tree..

RobinB

The local chat boards all say one grocery chain in particular is bare (Giant) and I just went to a Wegman's and the prepared foods were well stocked. Didn't feel like trudging all the way over to the other side of the massive store to look at the actual shelves.

RobinB

By the looks of KFC last night it must have been finger lickin chicken night. At the looks of the line we didn't wait we went for Subway which was great. I like their meatball marina subs.

Typically Chick Fil A has mega-lines during lunch and dinner times, but last night we slid through with no line at 5pm. Cashier said it was the lull before the storm.

GotGrace

I went food shopping this morning at 6am, no bare shelves, everything I wanted was available. Since I never food shop past 9am, I can’t positively state the shelves are well stocked all day, but when they open at 6am, never a problem.
Over achiever.

I wish I could get up the motivation to get to well-stocked shelves at 6am. In the meantime I’ll just make fun of those who do.:sleepchair