Labor Pains

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Can any of the ladies that have had children (or that are doctors/nurses/midwives) match up what happens in labor to the prophetic signs and/or judgments in Revelation, etc.? Maybe with some sense of timing?

I asked this in the Bizarre Events thread, but thought maybe someone might be more comfortable answering here, where it's just us ladies :smile

KariH

I've given birth 3 times and each one was different, so labors are hard to compare. What I will say that they had in common is the anxiety and anticipation, waiting for the contractions to do their job and get the dilation process completed so you can start pushing. It is anybody's guess where we are in the birth pain process according to scriptures, but the way it feels to me is that we are nearly ready to be given the go-ahead to push. ;)

fl2007rn

Of course every birth is different but they all follow the same pattern medically. The birth process is in 4 phases in which the cervix will dilate to 10 cm and the mother will give birth.

Latent Phase 0-3cm (mild and irregular pains)
Active Labor 4 -7cm (contractions longer and stronger)
Transition 8-10cm (strong, intense, and overlapping contractions)
Delivery 10 cm Baby is born

My guess is that we are in the transition phase.It seems like there are multiple problems and issues going on every day. Look up because we are living in the last days. :fish

Last edited:

athenasius

I'd say transition, it's the stage where you can no longer stay on top of things and absorb what's happening even though it's intense, it's all happening too fast, too much at once, too chaotic and nothing seems right. It isn't time to push yet, but the contractions are all over the place, and it's a little like pushing, but they are telling you NOT YET.

Stormy

I've been through labor 5 times and agree with the others saying this time feels like transition. Can't get a break to catch our breath before the next wave (contraction, horrible world event, whichever) comes and personally feel like I'm at the point in transition that happened every single time for me where I just wanted everything to stop and to go home.

But just like the midwife or doctor would always say at that point, just a little more and then we can rest. Of course, "a little more" is up to God's timing, not ours, so who knows how long that will be in the grand scheme of things? It sure doesn't feel like it can go on much longer though.

hopefilled

I've been through labor 5 times and agree with the others saying this time feels like transition. Can't get a break to catch our breath before the next wave (contraction, horrible world event, whichever) comes and personally feel like I'm at the point in transition that happened every single time for me where I just wanted everything to stop and to go home.

But just like the midwife or doctor would always say at that point, just a little more and then we can rest. Of course, "a little more" is up to God's timing, not ours, so who knows how long that will be in the grand scheme of things? It sure doesn't feel like it can go on much longer though.
My thoughts in transition phases were more " let's just get this show on the road and get this baby out - so this can be done and dusted"
Pretty much how I feel about the current state of affairs across the globe too!
Bring it on - so we can get outa here!