Kyle Rittenhouse not guilty! All threads now merged.

cheeky200386

I feel like I got into this case kind of late, anyways I ended doing my own research to it. I actually remember as it all unfolded last year but forgot about it until the case started. I looked at both sides of the argument and wanted to mention what I think about all this.

Even though I was not born in the United States (although I just recently got my citizenship), I think its obvious according to the law this was self defense. From the videos and even the FBI footage from above you can tell who was the aggressor and whose life was being threatened. First guy who had mental problems chased Kyle and lounged at Kyle got shot (clear self defense). Second guy later attacked Kyle with a skateboard and looked like he tried to grab Kyles gun? He was shot and it was clearly self defense. Third guy tried to pull pistol but was shot in the arm too, clear self defense. I think more smaller altercation occurred but these were the big ones, and all altercations were self defense. Yes its sad the way the media tried to paint all these and make it about race, sad times we live in.

In the end of the day, probably all these people that died probably didn't know the Lord and they perished and that is what saddens me about this whole thing. Were they innocent? Absolutely not. These people who attacked Kyle had criminal and questionable backgrounds. However, to be honest I feel like all of this could have been avoided if there was not so much confusion.

What I mean by "confusion" is this. After the crazy first guy got shot, Kyle started running towards the police for safety (which anyone in their right mind would do). Problem is if you look in context most of the second mob of people who chased Kyle didn't know he had killed the first guy in self defense, therefore they started attacking Kyle thinking he was an active shooter. None of these people who attacked Kyle were innocent as they had their criminal backgrounds, however, looking at the context its like they assumed he was an active shooter since most of them were not present when he shot the first guy. All they heard was shouts from people from far down the road saying "Hey he shot somebody". So they tried to disarm/take down Kyle, but the kid simply acted in self defense (as he should have), and the attackers got hurt and died for nothing. But regardless I still ask myself would they still tried to kill Kyle if they knew he clearly he killed the first guy in self defense? I don't know, but bottom line is don't attack somebody unless you are sure his a threat. So its saddening one person on the second mob had to die and some got hurt cause of this.

Another thing is this, going forward it's s actually sad Kyles life is forever changed by this. It was so wrong putting him on that Ad as a white supremacist without any evidence. Kid was literally just 17 years old at the time, and now everyone knows his face. Its very bad labeling someone something you don't even have evidence for.

Now I tried to be as balanced as possible. Was Kyle not guilty on all charges? I believe without a doubt he was not guilty, it was all self defense. However, and I might ruffle some feathers here. I think there should some wisdom to be gained in all this going forward. What do I mean by this? It's simple, yes in America we have the right to protest, and bear arms. However, it is my personal opinion and belief that it might not always be wise going to some locations at certain times. It's okay Kyle chose to go there and help defend property getting vandalized or even help those who are hurt. But a wise man once told me, "pick your battles wisely". The racial tension is so hot in this country I feel bad for white people who are getting blamed for almost all of it. Kyles presence as a white man on a BLM protest wielding a rife (even though he has every right to do so) will obviously stir up the pot that is already boiling and that one crazy guy might just decide to try and kill you. Now of course if anybody tries to kill you, you are justified to self defense, but one day they might get you first so be careful. I personally think Kyle went into all this young and didn't understand that this could turn out pretty bad, but I hope he is able to heal from the trauma he got from all this and next time to be a little careful when it comes to going out late night around these dangerous protests. I stay away from all these BLM protests cause I know Gods presence is not there, and only the spirit of lawlessness is there.

As much as I hate the evil that is going around, I have to stop and think, is it wise going to that location? We have law enforcement and paramedics who do that for a living, so I need to think twice before I put myself in that position. Yes, I have every legal right to go there and try to help, but keep in mind there is a chance some crazy sick dude might attempt to kill me. We live in a fallen world, some people are driven by dark spirits and are high on drugs so just be a little careful.
I agree with almost all of this but I get concerned with the lack of Police aid these days. These riots were in place and yet nothing appeared to be done. When is it wise to defend those being attacked like the businesses and the staff? If more armed men stepped out to defend their communities from these riots, these riots might just end.

Just my thoughts.

Dave_97

I agree with almost all of this but I get concerned with the lack of Police aid these days. These riots were in place and yet nothing appeared to be done. When is it wise to defend those being attacked like the businesses and the staff? If more armed men stepped out to defend their communities from these riots, these riots might just end.

Just my thoughts.
Fair enough. I agree if the police are not around I believe that’s something to consider, at the persons own risk of course. However, also quick question as I’m not familiar fully with the law regarding self defense. Are we only allowed to shoot someone when our life is threatened? Or also if they are trespassing and vandalized our property? In Kyles, situation his life was threatened so he acted in self defense. However, what if your shop is being vandalized and people are throwing stuff on it (but you are outside and they are not harming you) would you also be allowed to shoot them for trespassing your property?

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
Fair enough. I agree if the police are not around I believe that’s something to consider, at the persons own risk of course. However, also quick question as I’m not familiar fully with the law regarding self defense. Are we only allowed to shoot someone when our life is threatened? Or also if they are trespassing and vandalized our property? In Kyles, situation his life was threatened so he acted in self defense. However, what if your shop is being vandalized and people are throwing stuff on it (but you are outside and they are not harming you) would you also be allowed to shoot them for trespassing your property?
Trespassing, no. As far as I know, it's only considered self-defense if you are under the reasonable assumption that someone is going to kill you.

That said, when the riots were breaking out across the country, some of our local "militia" members went around town in trucks (with guns), making sure that the "peaceful" protests around here actually remained peaceful, and surprise surprise, no violence happened in our area. The libs around here knew that the good ol' boys would not put up with rioting, and neither would the police.

Dave_97

Trespassing, no. As far as I know, it's only considered self-defense if you are under the reasonable assumption that someone is going to kill you.

That said, when the riots were breaking out across the country, some of our local "militia" members went around town in trucks (with guns), making sure that the "peaceful" protests around here actually remained peaceful, and surprise surprise, no violence happened in our area. The libs around here knew that the good ol' boys would not put up with rioting, and neither would the police.
Thanks for the response. So just to understand what your are saying. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Essentially, let’s say I hypothetically I decide to go to these protests as one of the“militia” with a gun to make sure things go peacefully. If the protesters start destroying and vandalizing those stores I’m not allowed to shoot or do anything to them unless they are attacking me?

In essence what your saying is the very presence of the militia basically helped keep the peace. But legally they wouldn’t actually be able to shoot anyone who decided to vandalize store? Am I understanding this wrong? The only time they can shoot is if their life is being threatened (like Kyle). Just trying to understand self defense, sorry for the questions.

Work4Peanuts

Thanks for the response. So just to understand what your are saying. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Essentially, let’s say I hypothetically I decide to go to these protests as one of the“militia” with a gun to make sure things go peacefully. If the protesters start destroying and vandalizing those stores I’m not allowed to shoot or do anything to them unless they are attacking me?

In essence what your saying is the very presence of the militia basically helped keep the peace. But legally they wouldn’t actually be able to shoot anyone who decided to vandalize store? Am I understanding this wrong? The only time the can shoot is if their life is being threatened (like Kyle). Just trying to understand self defense, sorry for the questions.
Yes. The presence of the militia kept the peace. Most of the guys in the militias around here are veterans who won't put up with nonsense, and while they may not shoot you for actual rioting, it is understood that they will very happily beat the ever-lovin' daylights out of anyone who doesn't have the good sense not to test them. They are organized, and there are a decent number of them.

It would be very easy for a local business owner to "lose" video of any altercation on their property where a rioter got the snot knocked out of them.

jayhawkbasketball

If I was Kyle I would already be on the run. I don’t know what I would do or how I would do it, but I’d probably be headed to some remote location like Alaska. It just seems like they’re not gonna stop coming after this guy. You couldn’t trust anybody to hide you though. One thing is for sure, his life will never be the same.

He’s gonna have to become roomies with Edward Snowden or something.

Dave_97

Yes. The presence of the militia kept the peace. Most of the guys in the militias around here are veterans who won't put up with nonsense, and while they may not shoot you for actual rioting, it is understood that they will very happily beat the ever-lovin' daylights out of anyone who doesn't have the good sense not to test them. They are organized, and there are a decent number of them.

It would be very easy for a local business owner to "lose" video of any altercation on their property where a rioter got the snot knocked out of them.
Lol thanks for the response. That’s very interesting. Come to think of it anyone wielding a gun strikes fear on every place he/she walks into. Of course legally they can’t kill you for vandalizing as you mentioned but you wouldn’t want to pick a physical fight either as a lot of these guys have been in the army. I need to take some in depth courses on basic American laws I feel so uneducated about this nation sometimes as I didn’t grow up in the U.S. School barely brushed up on these things or maybe I just didn’t pay much attention :/

Work4Peanuts

Lol thanks for the response. That’s very interesting. Come to think of it anyone wielding a gun strikes fear on every place he/she walks into. Of course legally they can’t kill you for vandalizing as you mentioned but you wouldn’t want to pick a physical fight either as a lot of these guys have been in the army. I need to take some in depth courses on basic American laws I feel so uneducated about this nation sometimes as I didn’t grow up in the U.S. School barely brushed up on these things or maybe I just didn’t pay much attention :/
They don't necessarily have a legal right to fight someone vandalizing another's property. I'm just saying what might happen. And if no one saw a fight go down, and there is no video evidence, just a couple of guys busted up, then it becomes a matter of two conflicting stories about what happened.

Is it legal? Probably not. Is it right? Maybe, or maybe not. Is it provable? If you were a business owner, whose case would you help?

Dave_97

They don't necessarily have a legal right to fight someone vandalizing another's property. I'm just saying what might happen. And if no one saw a fight go down, and there is no video evidence, just a couple of guys busted up, then it becomes a matter of two conflicting stories about what happened.

Is it legal? Probably not. Is it right? Maybe, or maybe not. Is it provable? If you were a business owner, whose case would you help?
Yea I understand what you mean, I appreciate your responses as well thanks!

Shannon70

If I was Kyle I would already be on the run. I don’t know what I would do or how I would do it, but I’d probably be headed to some remote location like Alaska. It just seems like they’re not gonna stop coming after this guy. You couldn’t trust anybody to hide you though. One thing is for sure, his life will never be the same.

He’s gonna have to become roomies with Edward Snowden or something.
He did mention he plans on going to University of Arizona... I feel like he should have kept his mouth shut where or what he plans to do. He should stay very low for awhile... Maybe go out of the country and explore the world.

cheeky200386

That's a good question. I'm not sure. Seeing from answers above it seems like one has to watch as their property gets destroyed. That's stupid.

cheeky200386

It's wonderful to have Christians come to the USA. We seriously need missionaries coming here with how bad it's getting. Where are you from?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

The laws vary from state to state, some include protection of life, limb, and property.

Dave_97

It's wonderful to have Christians come to the USA. We seriously need missionaries coming here with how bad it's getting. Where are you from?
I’m from Dar es salaam, Tanzania (East Africa). Came here on 2011 with my parents and sister, got my citizenship this past April so I’m now a naturalized American citizen (praise the Lord). I currently live in Texas, and I gotta say it’s a blessing to be here, a lot of churches in Texas are solid. I do feel bad for Christians in some other states (California/NY). However, God needs witnesses everywhere so it’s good to look at it that way.

cheeky200386

I’m from Dar es salaam, Tanzania (East Africa). Came here on 2011 with my parents and sister, got my citizenship this past April so I’m now a naturalized American citizen (praise the Lord). I currently live in Texas, and I gotta say it’s a blessing to be here, a lot of churches in Texas are solid. I do feel bad for Christians in some other states (California/NY). However, God needs witnesses everywhere so it’s good to look at it that way.
I would love to live in a state with lots of Christians. It's definitely more challenging here in MA but you're right, God knows why he puts us where he does. Many opportunities to share the Gospel and be a witness for him here. Praise the Lord you're here now. God bless you!