Kremlin: decision to supply Syria with S-300 not directed at any third country

Discussion in 'Gog / Magog' started by Almost Heaven, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia’s decision to supply Syria with an S-300 anti-aircraft missile system is aimed at increasing safety of Russian military, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday.

Asked about relations with Israel, Peskov said the decision was not directed at any third country.

The announcement of the supply comes a week after the ministry accused Israel of indirectly causing the downing of a Russian military plane in Syria that killed 15 servicemen.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...t-directed-at-any-third-country-idUSKCN1M4128

2. Almost Heaven

Putin tells Assad will give Syria S-300 air defense system: Syrian presidency

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin told Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Monday that Moscow would supply its ally with an S-300 anti-aircraft missile system, Assad’s office said.

“President Putin ... informed President Assad that Russian will develop the Syrian air defense systems,” the Syrian presidency said in a statement.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...efense-system-syrian-presidency-idUSKCN1M412I

3. Almost Heaven

You can count on Putin to capitalize on others errors. This latest incident gives him the perfect excuse to upgrade Syria's air defenses.

4. MePlus6

MePlus6 Well-Known Member

Didn't Israel make some remark that they wouldn't allow S-300s to be set up in Syria or am I not remembering that correctly?

After some digging, it seems Israel supposedly called any delivery of S-300 into Syria "crossing a red line". This was back in April.

In May, Putin met with Bibi and announced that no S-300s would be delivered to Syria.

And now Putin is going to deliver them after all.

Salluz, Luke12, ShilohRose and 4 others like this.
  5. Almost Heaven

That's how I see it too. Putin just needed something to justify what he has intended to do all along. Waiting to see how Israel responds to this bit of news. Watching to see what Israel does...not what they say. I think we all know how the expected rhetoric will be framed. Russia says the defense system will be delivered in 2 weeks.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Salluz, Luke12, ShilohRose and 5 others like this.
  6. John Romans

John Romans Well-Known Member

I believe Putin isnt interested in protecting Syria at all, he's putting these missle defense systems in place to protect his own assets and resources.

TRex2, Salluz, Luke12 and 4 others like this.
  7. Michael Ross

Michael Ross Well-Known Member

DARN YOU GUYS...!!!!!!.... I was going to do a post on this and all you guys beat me to it again....:lol

I only say this because I believe this could be a HUGE move towards escalating tensions between Russia and Israel as described in the Ezekiel 38/39 conflict.

First of all I totally agree with all you folks that Vladimir Putin is using the downing of this Russian plan as a way to keep Israel from running missions against Iran in Syria. I believe Putin has been looking for a way to get Israel to stop it's aggression against Iran in Syria and this is the event that has now made this possible......

It has been stated in the Jerusalem Post that Israel will continue uninhibitedly it's missions to counter Iran in Syria........ Ut Ohhh...... This has Russian / Israel conflict written all over it...???

Not only has Russia said that it is moving it's S-300 systems into the region but they are also going to be jamming all radar and satellite communications in this area... Effectively imposing a "FORCED" No Fly Zone in this region.... I wonder if Iran will see this as a safe region to bring in there munitions for Hezbollah and to set up bases without the threat of Israel's attacks....??

This is going to be interesting to see what happens.... Below I have posted a video of Russia's statement for those of you who might not have seen it.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  8. OnlyHim

OnlyHim Well-Known Member

Having Syria shoot down a Russian aircraft during the same time IDF is bombing in Syria give Putin a perfect excuse to do this.... Tin foil hat??? Conspiracy?? Maybe, but sometimes you just have to wonder.

9. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

God is using all this stuff, which He foreknew, to put the chess bits in their places. On your mark, get set....... :rapture

10. MePlus6

Turkey shot down a Russian jet and they get along. Why is Israel so different? They didn't even shoot down the Russian jet!

11. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

Because under the Russian veneer is a thinly disguised hatred for Jews. It's really really strong. The Russian Orthodox church has been anti semitic for millennia, and violence against Jews was a common practice thru the whole of the former USSR rergion. For millennia!

12. MePlus6

I did not know this. So sad.

13. Almost Heaven

Was Russia Just Waiting for an Excuse to Arm Syria?
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 | Ryan Jones

Russia and Israel have been getting along surprisingly well considering that they are on opposite sides of the Syrian civil war.

Russia remains a staunch ally of the Syrian regime, and by extension its allies in Iran and Hezbollah. Israel, meanwhile, has been busily bombing Iranian and Hezbollah targets in Syria, with Moscow's tacit approval.

But Russia's final response to last week's accidental downing of a Russian spy plane during the course of an Israeli air raid on Syria suggests that the Kremlin hasn't been too happy about the Jewish state interfering in its war zone.

Contrary to claims by Israeli officials, Moscow did blame Israel for Syrian anti-aircraft batteries inadvertently shooting down a Russian spy plane that was flying near to where the Israeli aircraft had launched their missiles.

Ostensibly to prevent such a mishap from reoccurring, Russia has agreed to sell it's most advanced anti-aircraft system, the S-300, to the Syrian regime.

Russia tried to sell the S-300 to Syria years ago, but backed down following a fierce outcry from Israel and other Western powers. The loss of 15 Russian servicemen has finally given Moscow the excuse it needs to conclude the deal.

And that's bad news for Israel.

The Israel Air Force is innovative, and will likely find ways to continue striking Iranian targets in Syria despite the presence of the S-300, which Syria is expected to take possession of in the coming months.

More worrying is that Russia will have incentive to help the Syrians use the S-300 to its fullest potential in targeting and bringing down Israeli aircraft. After all, Moscow wouldn't want the world to think that it's most advanced anti-aircraft system is incapable of stopping Israel's American-made planes.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu departed on Tuesday for New York City, where he will address the United Nations General Assembly and hold an urgent one-on-one meeting with US President Donald Trump.

Without question, the rising tension with Russia, as well as the unacceptable threat of Iranian forces in Syria, will be a major focus of those talks.

How Trump will respond is anyone's guess, but US National Security Adviser John Bolton has already called Russia's promise to give Syria the S-300 a "major mistake."
    http://www.israeltoday.co.il/Default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=34896

14. anath

anath I Love the Lord

I am confused....I just don't know what to think. Israel had Russia and everybody's permission to strike Iranian targets in Syria.
    Has Russia changed the rules? Does this mean Israel can not attack Iran's weapons anymore?

15. Almost Heaven

When Putin loses an expensive aircraft all bets are off. The problem is Russia losing soldiers and pricey spy planes. The defense system is being put in to protect Russian assets, Putin does not care about Syria or Iran they are nothing more than useful vassal's to him. Israel will not change the way they handle Syria.

16. anath

anath I Love the Lord

Israel must do the same. It's not just mere assets for Israel, it is survival.

17. anath

anath I Love the Lord

I betcha this S-300 anti-aircraft missile system will enable Russia to close off airspace from Israeli military

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  18. Almost Heaven

Betcha Israeli F-35s can circumvent the system. :starfighter

19. anath

anath I Love the Lord

I like the way you think:thumbup

20. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

It's safer to destroy the S300 radar(s) at the beginning of a mission, then you don't have to devote too much of your assets towards ground to air threats.