King Charles the III will be anointed with holy oil?

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
As it would have been even rarer in the day,
Melville speculated the holiest oil would have been whale oil- the special kind from the head of a sperm whale.

alisani

Wasn't he also the one that was liasing with the nazis ?
Yes, he was. Like most aristocrats of the time, he feared the communist movement especially in Russia. Many saw Hitler as the answer to the problem. They wanted to keep their wealth and power, and most were antisemitic to some degree. Edward the 8th never wanted the responsibility of the throne but he still wanted all of its trappings.

madcat

I overplayed my hand in the negotiations. I offered to reside at Frogmore Cottage now that Harry and Meghan have been evicted. Charles wanted to maintain the dignity of the royal family by letting Andrew live there. So I suggested that he upgrade the name of the house from its amphibian bias to one reflecting inclusion: Animal House. The name change could be honored with immediate Double Secret Probation and a toga party.
Does this whole situation remind you of the good old southern mantra “like putting lipstick on a pig?” :devilish:devilish:devilish

Back