Kanye West's Twitter account reinstated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I would because it's either we have free speech, or we don't. Nothing that he said was illegal.

He's got more than a billion dollars of judgments against him since he's lost his court cases.

If I were Musk I not only wouldn't let him have an account, I'd have an engineer remove all traces of him ever being there.

Upstream I said they shouldn't ban anyone. I think Alex Jones is a rare exception.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
Please don't judge the entire Board based on my character that you don't agree with. I'm just one member with an opinion on a narrow thing that differs with yours.
90% are saying get rid of Alex

Never anything about “banning” all the hateful liberals who spread lies all day long

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I really thought this board supported free speech and our constitution.
Apparently it’s only opinions you all agree with. :frown
I personally never leaned towards that way.
I hear you loud and clear .
That is why I proposed my earlier questions.
I personally don't listen to him nor support him.
However when one is not allowed to participate on Twitter (using Twitter as the example) than where does it end?
It could turn into a slippery slope .
That is why I propose the question is Alex Jones the litmus .

JSTyler

That’s actually really disappointing to me you feel that way. :frown
They’ll be doing that to Christians soon enough.
And that's exactly what is supposed to happen to us, when and if we speak what we are supposed to speak. Jesus was very clear about that one. It's the coziness christians have with those platforms that concerns me.

I don't want my speech to be acceptable to the likes of the blue bird and or it's masses, or any of the other blow-hard platforms. I want to be salt and light in this world that desperately despises both (I read your posts and absolutely know that you do, too...no no aspersions cast your way as your Christlike character is clear for all here to see). Added to that, Jones has always claimed some brand of christianity the association of which I find repugnant and wish had no connection to the beliefs I claim.

cheeky200386

He's got more than a billion dollars of judgments against him since he's lost his court cases.

If I were Musk I not only wouldn't let him have an account, I'd have an engineer remove all traces of him ever being there.

Upstream I said they shouldn't ban anyone. I think Alex Jones is a rare exception.
I didn't think he was found guilty of the suits against him.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
And that's exactly what is supposed to happen to us, when and if we speak what we are supposed to speak. Jesus was very clear about that one. It's the coziness christians have with those platforms that concerns me.

I don't want my speech to be acceptable to the likes of the blue bird and or it's masses, or any of the other blow-hard platforms. I want to be salt and light in this world that desperately despises both (I read your posts and absolutely know that you do, too...no no aspersions cast your way as your Christlike character is clear for all here to see). Added to that, Jones has always claimed some brand of christianity the association of which I find repugnant and wish had no connection to the beliefs I claim.
Do you know that Christians tell the gospel to very lost people on Twitter?
It’s not just a silly hang out spot that Christians are “attached to”. Some Christians on there are sold out for Christ.
God allowed this country free speech to get out His word

And Rapture Ready exists bc of free speech
This website would be taken down if not for that.

Hastening Christian persecution is not going to make Him Come back faster.

Free speech from Christian standpoint t is to tell people about the Lord freely and openly, since when is that a bad thing.

cheeky200386

Do you know that Christians tell the gospel to very lost people on Twitter?
It’s not just a silly hang out spot that Christians are “attached to”. Some Christians on there are sold out for Christ.
God allowed this country free speech to get out His word

And Rapture Ready exists bc of free speech
This website would be taken down if not for that.

Hastening Christian persecution is not going to make Him Come back faster.

Free speech from Christian standpoint t is to tell people about the Lord freely and openly, since when is that a bad thing.
That's true. One of my sisters in Christ goes on Tik Tok only to share the Gospel and debate those who are spewing false doctrine. She gets banned all of the time when she speaks against the LGBT lies.

cheeky200386

Jones was found liable, and has to pay a billion dollars.

He is a whack job who intentionally miss leads and lies with his wild stories in order to make his fortune.
He should still have freedom of speech. Whack Job or not. Which I think he is, but that's not a criterion for whether someone should be denied freedom of speech. What he said did not break the LAW, even though he was found liable for paying money. I think you and I both can agree on that.

Andy C

Please don't judge the entire Board based on a part of my character that you don't agree with. I'm just one member with an opinion on a narrow thing that differs with yours.
I agree with you.

Its acceptable to post views and opinions on twitter, even when others may strongly disagree. Its entirely another issue when you purposely lie, misslead, invent stories, all to make money.

To quote Trump “Your fired”. Send Alex packing.

Andy C

He should still have freedom of speech. Whack Job or not. Which I think he is, but that's not a criterion for whether someone should be denied freedom of speech. What he said did not break the LAW, even though he was found liable for paying money. I think you and I both can agree on that.
He has freedom of speech, just not on twitter. Musk owns the company, his rules apply, as long as he follows established business laws.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I didn't think he was found guilty of the suits against him.

I wasn't following it or anything, but saw articles now and then on it. It was pretty sick...

Conspiracy Theorist Alex Jones Loses Fourth—And Last—Defamation Lawsuit From Sandy Hook Parents​

A judge in Connecticut found conspiracy theorist and right-wing broadcaster Alex Jones liable for damages in defamation lawsuits brought by the families of victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook school-shooting massacre, which Jones claims was a hoax.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlie...suit-from-sandy-hook-parents/?sh=1fa565a11494

Alex Jones now owes $1.5B to Sandy Hook families – and he faces another trial. What's next?​

The judge and jury have spoken against Alex Jones. And after more than $1 billion in judgments, there's still no end in sight for the conspiracy theorist.

A Connecticut judge on Thursday ordered Infowars host Alex Jones and his company to pay an additional $473 million in punitive damages for his false conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

The ruling now brings the total judgment to a monstrous $1.44 billion against Jones in a lawsuit filed by the victims' families in the 2012 shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, which left 20 first-graders and six educators dead.

And the trouble still isn't over for Jones, who could face even more financial penalties in another trial set to begin later this year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...dy-hook-families-billion-payment/10661610002/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back