Kamala Harris ripped for claiming government's Hurricane Ian relief will prioritize ‘communities of color’

GEOINTAnalyst

DeSantis rapid response director Christina Pushaw claimed Harris' statements were 'false' and causing 'undue panic' among Floridians

Twitter hammered Vice President Kamala Harris for a recent speech in which she described that federal Hurricane Ian relief would be based on "equity" and prioritize people in "communities of color."

Speaking to actress Priyanka Chopra Jonas at the Democratic National Committee's Women's Leadership Forum on Friday, Harris claimed that people of color and low-income communities are most affected by natural disasters such as Hurricane Ian. Because of this, Harris described how federal relief should be given "based on equity."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kamal...-ian-relief-will-prioritize-communities-color

kathymendel

Does she not know that Florida is highly populated with retired seniors, many of whom live on the budget of their social security???
To say they will accomodate certain ethnic groups above other citizens with financial hardships is abominable to me.
She needs to go........... the farther away, the better.

GotGrace

I really do pray for my "enemies" but our Vice President is NOT the brightest bulb in the package...by a long shot. I was gonna say dumber than a rock but I don't want to hurt the rock's feelings.
She was so thrilled to get that job without realizing it’s way over her head. I’ve been surprised to watch just how unqualified she is. Pitiful.

TimeWarpWife

She should be so proud of herself, just like AOC and the other Goon Squad members, Kackling Kammie is able to open her mouth, have her brain fall out, and insert her foot right into her mouth. Yet another useless mental pygmy. :doh

RobinB

Does she not know that Florida is highly populated with retired seniors, many of whom live on the budget of their social security???
To say they will accomodate certain ethnic groups above other citizens with financial hardships is abominable to me.
She needs to go........... the farther away, the better.

Exactly -- nearly every victim I've seen interviewed are retired seniors.

NewWine2020

DeSantis rapid response director Christina Pushaw claimed Harris' statements were 'false' and causing 'undue panic' among Floridians

Twitter hammered Vice President Kamala Harris for a recent speech in which she described that federal Hurricane Ian relief would be based on "equity" and prioritize people in "communities of color."

Speaking to actress Priyanka Chopra Jonas at the Democratic National Committee's Women's Leadership Forum on Friday, Harris claimed that people of color and low-income communities are most affected by natural disasters such as Hurricane Ian. Because of this, Harris described how federal relief should be given "based on equity."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kamal...-ian-relief-will-prioritize-communities-color

Was this to try and walk it back from the OTHER comment that she made where she basically said that POC are needed to "pick the crops?"

Granted it was (presumably) Latinos she was talking about, not African Americans, but still, the elitism and barely veiled racism that statement exposed just cannot be missed.

She is unfit to lead and honestly is probably a worse VP that Biden was when he held that office under Obama.

GotGrace

Was this to try and walk it back from the OTHER comment that she made where she basically said that POC are needed to "pick the crops?"

Granted it was (presumably) Latinos she was talking about, not African Americans, but still, the elitism and barely veiled racism that statement exposed just cannot be missed.

She is unfit to lead and honestly is probably a worse VP that Biden was when he held that office under Obama.
She might be the worst veep in history. Most lawyers are very articulate but her word salads are pitiful