Just wanted to thank you, Chris!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not noticing anything different. Can someone enlighten me on this new feature? It sounds useful.

I hadn't noticed it either!! :lol

Apparently it is related to the new Enhanced Search feature that I paid for and installed overnight along with the Elasticsearch back-end.

This is how it is explained by the makers:

In the beginning, XenForo Enhanced Search (XFES) was intended to be a simple drop-in replacement for MySQL full text search, primarily aimed at large forums whose operation would potentially suffer when attempting to search very large database tables.

As a drop-in, XFES only made use of the enhanced search index and speed for the formal search system, but with version 2.2 we are starting to leverage more of the power afforded by the Elasticsearch back-end.

Similar threads

A useful tool for surfacing content on your forum is a list of Similar or related threads, which can be displayed along with a primary thread. Visitors who have landed on that page from a search engine will often look for related material to continue their reading, and Similar threads offer a great way to provide that in an automated fashion.

One limitation of the usefulness of Similar threads is a determination of just how similar or related the results actually are. This is where XFES comes into its own, as the Elasticsearch back-end provides a specific ability to search for more like this using the current thread as a search parameter. Given a decent amount of content from which to pluck similar results, this provides an excellent list of threads in which the viewer of the current thread may be interested.

I hope you all enjoy the new feature on the forums. :)

I'm still trying to get it working on the main site. :ohno :lol

seated with Christ

Chris, I really like the way that similar threads are now shown....I don't get to come here much anymore, actually, but did just see this change....THANK you for ALL YOU DO!!!!!!
Aww, the Staff and Crew is not receiving appreciation are they. ;)

I have not made a judgement decision as to if I like it yet, but I'll probably like it.

cheeky200386

Thank you Chris and Matt!! You both are awesome and really take so much time to make this forum a great place to connect. Mattfivefour has counseled me so many times when I didn't yet have my local church. Always wise counsel from you both. Thank you so much Chris for your efforts in sharing and filtering the articles we read on here.

God bless you both!

Son of the Rock

Thank you Chris and Matt!! You both are awesome and really take so much time to make this forum a great place to connect. Mattfivefour has counseled me so many times when I didn't yet have my local church. Always wise counsel from you both. Thank you so much Chris for your efforts in sharing and filtering the articles we read on here.

God bless you both!
Amen! So True. Thank you Chris and Matt for your patience and letting us post here. Lots of Christian love to ya'll, this 4th of July!

Classic

This is a good forum, very informative. No name calling and other such childishness. I don’t log on a lot (really only if I am going to comment) but I read a lot of the forum content.

Chris, great job! Also to mattfivefour!