Just saw movie Top Gun: Maverick...

LoudRam

I wasn't sure about setting it but all of your comments got my attention. It's rare that we go out to the movies because there usually isn't much worth watching.

We might go on Thursday night. I'll check back in and let you know how it went.

LoudRam

We saw it tonight and it was good. No PC garbage, no woke anything. I really enjoyed it. And I saw it this time from a different viewpoint. The original came out in '86. I was still in high school. Now I watched it as a Navy vet who worked on the flight deck of the USS Saratoga (CV-60) and walking the hangar bays with F-14 Tomcats and F/A-18 Hornets all over the place. Brought back some memories.

mattfivefour

Sorry, folks. I don't mean to sound legalistic, butt I just cannot abide the sound of my God's previous name being taken so lightly. I'm even becoming offended by people saying "Oh My God." They are nearly always not using it in reference to God but only as an interjection to express surprise, pleasure, or that they are impressed. It is lessening the value of His name to others, imo.

TimeWarpWife

Sorry, folks. I don't mean to sound legalistic, butt I just cannot abide the sound of my God's previous name being taken so lightly. I'm even becoming offended by people saying "Oh My God." They are nearly always not using it in reference to God but only as an interjection to express surprise, pleasure, or that they are impressed. It is lessening the value of His name to others, imo.
It's becoming increasingly apparent on TV programs that it's fine with the "censors" to use God's and Jesus' names in vain because many times people who use them aren't bleeped. But the overused "f" bomb and other curse words are still bleeped, most of the time. I wish people would buy a Thesaurus and learn different adjectives to use other than the "f" word ~ I am so sick of hearing it all the time. Back on topic, probably won't be seeing this movie because I don't care for Tom Cruise.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
You know what I absolutely can't stand? When people type OMG but add an "F" into it. Sadly, I'm used to the "OMG" but that "F" in there makes me reel. So, so profane and beyond disrespectful

Thanks for the movie analysis...will add that on to our safe list which only fits on a post-it note nowadays

LoudRam

The mission itself wasn't really plausible the way they laid it out. The US sending 3rd gen fighters against 5th gen enemy defenders? Don't think so.
I thought that too until I realized that the F/A 18 Hornets that I saw on the Saratoga are no where close to the current F/A 18 Super Hornets of today. But they also have the F-35C Lightning which may have been a better choice but it would have taken some of the drama out of the movie.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I agree mattfivefour, I don't call movies that use bad language entertainment or any of the other filth they put in them. As Christians we are to be discerning as to what we watch and listen to.