Just Imagine…

This is purely speculative in nature, but interesting food for thought nonetheless. The potential for a nuclear strike by Russia has me thinking (which is dangerous at times). The Greek word for the idea of the rapture is “harpazo”, correct? This is tantamount to “a violent snatching away.” Have any of you ever pondered as to why a “snatching away” is necessary? Imagine if the rapid snatching away occurs mere moments before a nuclear strike takes place. Wouldn’t it be just like our merciful Savior to translate His bride out of this world just before something so violent like this would occur? Again, just a thought.

Dave_97

Definitely a possible scenario. The world could be on the verge of war right before the rapture (just speculating). We can’t know for sure, but with Putin who knows what he might attempt to do after being frustrated with his results in Ukraine.

This got me thinking, I always wondered what will the world will look like 60 seconds before the rapture? or better question what will I be doing 60 seconds before the rapture? Will I be asleep? Will the world be on the verge of a nuclear exchange as you mentioned? Will I be in church? Sometimes I hope I’m around some unbelieving friends so when I vanish they will know for sure I was a Christian who was taken up and the God of the Bible is real.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Definitely a possible scenario. The world could be on the verge of war right before the rapture (just speculating). We can’t know for sure, but with Putin who knows what he might attempt to do after being frustrated with his results in Ukraine.

This got me thinking, I always wondered what will the world will look like 60 seconds before the rapture? or better question what will I be doing 60 seconds before the rapture? Will I be asleep? Will the world be on the verge of a nuclear exchange as you mentioned? Will I be in church? Sometimes I hope I’m around some unbelieving friends so when I vanish they will know for sure I was a Christian who was taken up and the God of the Bible is real.
Yeah i'm the same, i don't wanna be asleep when the rapture occurs, i reckon the experience will be better when we're awake and know for sure that it's the rapture event rather than being asleep and thinking is this a dream LOL

usoutpost31

It's not a topic I think, we think about often. But actually, the Urakami Cathedral, a Catholic Church, was located in Nagasaki and they were holding Mass when the bomb went off on August 9, 1945. Only about 500 metres away from them.

That church was built after a 200 year ban on Christianity was lifted in Japan in the late 1800s. You can see pictures of the destroyed church online.

It's not known how many professing Christians died in the atomic bomb blasts, but some estimates say up to 10,000.

GHoe

Interesting thought. If there is a nuclear exchange it would be nice to depart before the mushroom clouds appear.
Isn't Jesus coming to meet us in the clouds ? Lol.. sorry to ruin your day TT.. Also if clouds is plural, looks like we are in for a show before we take flight.

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so shall we ever be with the Lord. - 1 Thessalonians 4:17

Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen. - Revelation 1:7

“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven - Daniel 7:13

Neohistory

I’ve thought of that myself. I’ve recently been pondering on something similar, and you know how Satan tries to imitate the works of God. The character quicksilver came to my mind, and how his abilities allow for him to “snatch” his Allies out of harms way before something possibly destroys them. Kind of interesting how the secular word tries to duplicate the “snatching away” unknowingly to them.

More and more I’m beginning to have the opinion that “in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye” is referring to a sort of Red Sea moment. It’s not just that it’s fast, but it’s very last minute. At the last possible nano second, allowing as many as possible to come to saving faith in Jesus Christ.

Neohistory

More and more I’m beginning to have the opinion that “in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye” is referring to a sort of Red Sea moment. It’s not just that it’s fast, but it’s very last minute. At the last possible nano second, allowing as many as possible to come to saving faith in Jesus Christ.
To clarify, when I said a kind of Red Sea moment, I meant more in the way of severity, not in duration.