Jury duty

Lastcall

A big thank you to the Lord for getting me excused from jury duty today phiewwww
Excellent. During my 3 decades in the Marines, I was never summoned for jury duty as most courts dont want active duty on Juries. Since moving her 5 years ago, I have been summoned twice, and both times a letter from my Neurologist got me out of serving. I want to serve, but I know I would not do well.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Excellent. During my 3 decades in the Marines, I was never summoned for jury duty as most courts dont want active duty on Juries. Since moving her 5 years ago, I have been summoned twice, and both times a letter from my Neurologist got me out of serving. I want to serve, but I know I would not do well.
When i had to front the judge for any excuse why i couldn't do jury duty i pulled the George Floyd excuse and told him i couldn't breathe with the facemasks on all day.

He gave a disgusted look and said you're excused LOL

Epieikes

When i had to front the judge for any excuse why i couldn't do jury duty i pulled the George Floyd excuse and told him i couldn't breathe with the facemasks on all day.

He gave a disgusted look and said you're excused LOL
Fair enough! Works both ways! Work it, Spartan, work it! ;) That said, I am not sure they want teachers on the jury anymore either. My one time (after two delays due to teaching out of county) I and a few other teachers I knew (must have been teacher day) were excused immediately.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Fair enough! Works both ways! Work it, Spartan, work it! ;) That said, I am not sure they want teachers on the jury anymore either. My one time (after two delays due to teaching out of county) I and a few other teachers I knew (must have been teacher day) were excused immediately.
I must admit i did pray all day to get out of it and i got an answer so i can't take complete credit for conning the judge

Epieikes

I must admit i did pray all day to get out of it and i got an answer so i can't take complete credit for conning the judge
My sweet mother! She is a retired high school biology teacher. The ONE time she was selected to serve on a jury, they had to discuss a case of a man caught stealing grease from the dumpster of the Wendy's adjacent to Auburn University. Before I share the verdict...can anyone guess why he might have wanted to? Because at the time, I was clueless...

GEOINTAnalyst

My sweet mother! She is a retired high school biology teacher. The ONE time she was selected to serve on a jury, they had to discuss a case of a man caught stealing grease from the dumpster of the Wendy's adjacent to Auburn University. Before I share the verdict...can anyone guess why he might have wanted to? Because at the time, I was clueless...
The oil from the french fry cooker you can burn it in a diesel engine vehicle with a filter/convertor. A diesel powered VW rabbit runs really well on french fry oil and most restaurants will give the old stuff for free save a ton of money that way - of course it is best not to steal it -LOL - they should have asked for it

Epieikes

The oil from the french fry cooker you can burn it in a diesel engine vehicle with a filter/convertor. A diesel powered VW rabbit runs really well on french fry oil and most restaurants will give the old stuff for free save a ton of money that way - of course it is best not to steal it -LOL
Very interesting! In this case, it was a wizened little elderly man, trying to profit from selling the grease to Purina to make dog food. He was found guilty, if I remember correctly. We would have given him the grease...

pixelpusher

The oil from the french fry cooker you can burn it in a diesel engine vehicle with a filter/convertor. A diesel powered VW rabbit runs really well on french fry oil and most restaurants will give the old stuff for free save a ton of money that way - of course it is best not to steal it -LOL - they should have asked for it
One of the tech guys who used to work on our office network drove a big old Mercedes he had converted to burn cooking oil. It smelled like a french fry fryer going down the road. Made me so hungry.

3 Nails 4 Given

Sinner saved by the blood of Jesus
Bio Diesel quickly became popular and restaurants were glad to give away their grease. When it grew in popularity many folks started collecting it and cleaning it for resale.

The resellers drove up the demand and then restaurants started selling the oil. In my area it made it so difficult to obtain the few folks that were burning it quit.

My best friend had a car set up to use it. To me it stinks and it’s nasty. It requires multiple layers of filtration to trap the fried batter and waste.

In my area the resellers had the costs driven up so high, by the time you could still gather enough and filter it enough to use it wasn’t a big enough savings and it’s use died out quickly.

With the fuel costs now I can see it returning at least until the resellers find out they can make money off free grease.