Judgment begins in the House of God

soundingthealarm

Fleethewrath2come
Its impossible being a believer in the West, to not reflect upon what use to be and wonder what in the world happened to us?

I grew up in the 70's and 80's and did so in the "Bible Belt" some even call where I grew up the "Bible Belt Buckle" as there are so many churches and Bible Schools.

Yet I grew up at a time where the pulpits made grace UN-amazing. Legalism became so prevalent that burn out from the pew/lay people/believers in attendance...... that Church went from a healthy life discipline of the believer to something that seemed to kill all joy.

Sundays at the lake "thinking about God" replaced sitting at Church thinking about being at the lake. Whole families began to view church as a drudgery instead of a time devoted to assembling for the sake of lifting up the One who came to reconcile us back to The Father.

A generation went prodigal, choosing to spend the grace given us to go and live our best lives now, the salt and light that was put in place to be used of The Restraining presence of God to minister to our generations had went off duty. (I say this in general terms, knowing full this is not a blanket statement for all believers but I know I've had my stretches of time I was a part of the problem and not the solution.)

While off duty, positions of authority stopped going to us and instead went to those available and had agenda's directly in opposition to anything that we would ever entertain, no way would we ever want Islamic apologist or Child Pedophiles or New Agers or ETC to be in positions of influence and authority over us, be we had become distracted even blinded to the invasion by those who were ready to indoctrinate and rule a generation we had left to its own devices.

NOW, TODAY we are seeing that come to a head, a horrible harvest of ramifications of a world being given up to a reprobate mind, it sure does look bleak!!

But here is the GREAT NEWS, Our Loving Heavenly Father is rich in mercy and as this prodigal generation of the age of Grace is waking up and coming to its senses and now longing to be back at our Father's House....yet thinking we need to legalistically go back serve to pay for our wayward living......The Father seeing us from a far way off is ready to come meet us right where are at and restore us! Judgment Begins in the House of God, when Jesus went into the temple and overturned the tables, he was restoring what needed to be priority "MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER." Don't hear that through the filter of legalism, hear that "to Him who opens I will come in and dine with them and they with Me!" Our God wants to restore First Love relationships with us and redeem the times for they are evil, He will even restore the wasted years!!!

He has never left us, He has never forsaken us, He is with us even until the end of the age!!!

He who began a good work in us will complete it!

I think we can all agree since early in 2020 the goodness of God has been working overtime to draw people to Him!!

\O/ Looking Up, even so Jesus Come Quickly!!

crystal spyder

Its impossible being a believer in the West, to not reflect upon what use to be and wonder what in the world happened to us?

I grew up in the 70's and 80's and did so in the "Bible Belt" some even call where I grew up the "Bible Belt Buckle" as there are so many churches and Bible Schools.

Yet I grew up at a time where the pulpits made grace UN-amazing. Legalism became so prevalent that burn out from the pew/lay people/believers in attendance...... that Church went from a healthy life discipline of the believer to something that seemed to kill all joy.

Sundays at the lake "thinking about God" replaced sitting at Church thinking about being at the lake. Whole families began to view church as a drudgery instead of a time devoted to assembling for the sake of lifting up the One who came to reconcile us back to The Father.

A generation went prodigal, choosing to spend the grace given us to go and live our best lives now, the salt and light that was put in place to be used of The Restraining presence of God to minister to our generations had went off duty. (I say this in general terms, knowing full this is not a blanket statement for all believers but I know I've had my stretches of time I was a part of the problem and not the solution.)

While off duty, positions of authority stopped going to us and instead went to those available and had agenda's directly in opposition to anything that we would ever entertain, no way would we ever want Islamic apologist or Child Pedophiles or New Agers or ETC to be in positions of influence and authority over us, be we had become distracted even blinded to the invasion by those who were ready to indoctrinate and rule a generation we had left to its own devices.

NOW, TODAY we are seeing that come to a head, a horrible harvest of ramifications of a world being given up to a reprobate mind, it sure does look bleak!!

But here is the GREAT NEWS, Our Loving Heavenly Father is rich in mercy and as this prodigal generation of the age of Grace is waking up and coming to its senses and now longing to be back at our Father's House....yet thinking we need to legalistically go back serve to pay for our wayward living......The Father seeing us from a far way off is ready to come meet us right where are at and restore us! Judgment Begins in the House of God, when Jesus went into the temple and overturned the tables, he was restoring what needed to be priority "MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER." Don't hear that through the filter of legalism, hear that "to Him who opens I will come in and dine with them and they with Me!" Our God wants to restore First Love relationships with us and redeem the times for they are evil, He will even restore the wasted years!!!

He has never left us, He has never forsaken us, He is with us even until the end of the age!!!

He who began a good work in us will complete it!

I think we can all agree since early in 2020 the goodness of God has been working overtime to draw people to Him!!

\O/ Looking Up, even so Jesus Come Quickly!!
I don't ask that he come quickly. All in God's own time.

I can identify with a lot of what you grew up with. The drastic difference between them and now and in a relatively short time frame given the enormous transition in all of a single generation is seemingly unexplainable.

Except for one factor every bible reading believer cannot overlook.
"God's will be done. On earth. As it is in Heaven."

I dunno.
tenor.gif

I just.....dunno.

God does though.
But I, I just dunno.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
God does though.
But I, I just dunno.

:hug

It's been quite the head spinning, stunner with our churches for sure. :sad :hug We had to leave a church in its throes of deceptive heresy (but in answer to prayer the local church pulled out and got a great, theologically sound pastor, they are growing abundantly in Christ.... so keep praying :) )

Even the Apostle John was amazed at what he was shown in regards to the great harlot of Revelation 17. If he was amazed, we sure are today!

What we see today indicates a great closeness of the return of Christ. This certainly increases desire to share the Gospel even more. I think a real challange (at least for me) is to not become so distracted with the world/our nation's path and emotional reactiveness that the Gospel is put to the side (not saying this is the case with you or people on RF). That's been a real challenge for me to navigate (prayerfully for help :) ).

So, while I've grieved and been sad as is a proper response, I sense God pointing to work at hand He's placed before me. And have asked Him to show me where He wants me to be working.

Hang in there crystal spider, before we know it we'll be in the Lord's presence and in the meantime, He's close beside us, helping us in the things that still need to be done. :)

crystal spyder

:hug:hug

It's been quite the head spinning, stunner with our churches for sure. :sad :hug We had to leave a church in its throes of deceptive heresy (but in answer to prayer the local church pulled out and got a great, theologically sound pastor, they are growing abundantly in Christ.... so keep praying :) )

Even the Apostle John was amazed at what he was shown in regards to the great harlot of Revelation 17. If he was amazed, we sure are today!

What we see today indicates a great closeness of the return of Christ. This certainly increases desire to share the Gospel even more. I think a real challange (at least for me) is to not become so distracted with the world/our nation's path and emotional reactiveness that the Gospel is put to the side (not saying this is the case with you or people on RF). That's been a real challenge for me to navigate (prayerfully for help :) ).

So, while I've grieved and been sad as is a proper response, I sense God pointing to work at hand He's placed before me. And have asked Him to show me where He wants me to be working.

Hang in there crystal spider, before we know it we'll be in the Lord's presence and in the meantime, He's close beside us, helping us in the things that still need to be done. :)
Thanks.:hugAnd well said .

daygo

I don't ask that he come quickly. All in God's own time.

I can identify with a lot of what you grew up with. The drastic difference between them and now and in a relatively short time frame given the enormous transition in all of a single generation is seemingly unexplainable.

Except for one factor every bible reading believer cannot overlook.
"God's will be done. On earth. As it is in Heaven."

I dunno.
tenor.gif

I just.....dunno.

God does though.
But I, I just dunno.
Brilliant photo made my day many thanks love it.

Carl

In their teen years my children went to a Baptist Church. The pastor was really concerned with the direction that churches were going. So basically he isolated the church. He saw what was going on and led his church away from it. Then he retired. The youth leader started using all the stuff that would attract the neighborhood to the church! It wasn't long before my son quit going to church because the changes were not biblical. He never went to another church. He no longer trusted their answers.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
In their teen years my children went to a Baptist Church. The pastor was really concerned with the direction that churches were going. So basically he isolated the church. He saw what was going on and led his church away from it. Then he retired. The youth leader started using all the stuff that would attract the neighborhood to the church! It wasn't long before my son quit going to church because the changes were not biblical. He never went to another church. He no longer trusted their answers.

That's so sad Carl, I'm so sorry. I'll pray for your son...... that He'll find comfort and guidance in God's Word.

:pray

crystal spyder

The apostle John did. Emphatically.
And says whoever reads the book of Rev receives a special blessing,

Revelation 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! :pray
And 2000+ years later....

After Jesus,in the presence of John promised that generation would not pass away before they witnessed his second coming.

Was he referring to the resurrection? :angelcutie:pray

athenasius

And 2000+ years later....

After Jesus,in the presence of John promised that generation would not pass away before they witnessed his second coming.

Was he referring to the resurrection? :angelcutie:pray
That was just before the Transfiguration.

Matthew 16: vs 28 --the very last verse says this
28 Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

And then Matthew 17:1-3 says this (remember the chapter and verses were added later, so Matthew is continuing his message here)

17 Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.

This may refer to Peter, James and John at the Transfiguration in which Jesus is seen in His glory or it may also refer to John who lived THRU Domitian's reign and as a very old man on the Isle of Patmos received the Revelation of Christ which spanned the events that were, are and are to come.

Peter refers to it here in 2 Peter 1:16-18
16 For we did not follow cleverly devised stories when we told you about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in power, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” 18 We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.

But John in Revelation clearly sees the Lord in His full glory in His kingdom

Revelation 1:19
19 “Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.

These 3 divisions included the first part (the vision of the Risen Glorified Lord Jesus) which he had just seen, what is now refers to the messages to the 7 churches which also happens to recap church history and what is to come, which we can see from Chapter 4:1

After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”

And John sees this in particular which is part of the "what must take place after this" in chapter 19: 11-16 It is a vision of our Lord as He is about to enter His kingdom

11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: king of kings and lord of lords.

But also Chapter 20 in which John sees the Millennial reign of Christ, on to 21 and the eternal state.