John MacArthur and Jimmy DeYoung Says You Can Be Saved After You Receive The Mark Of The Beast

David T. McKee

Jesus is Truth
Pigs must be flying :hehheh because I'm going to defend MacArthur on this one. See below.

I believe this was to demonstrate salvation in the Messiah. As you said, the fact that the Passover lamb/Lamb died doesn't save. We must do something by faith, which is to apply it to our doorposts/hearts. But I think this touches on MacArthur's point - is it the literal blood we apply to our hearts? If not, what do we mean when we talk about the blood of Jesus?

:hug

Personally, I'm not too fond of Stewart's articles. Imo, they tend to be long on sensationalism and short on facts.

But here is JM in his own words responding to the controversy. And then something that seems to make it even more clear. :hat:

[YOU TUBE VIDEO]9470k9b2iVg[/YOU TUBE VIDEO]

What's All the Controversy About John MacArthur and the Blood of Christ?

Thanks iSong6:3! That makes it clear to me at any rate.

REKG

WOW, guess I'm one of the very very few who likes his teachings, I copy on paper his sermons and the verses he uses I read them to see where he is coming up with his statements and to prove his statements. I have learned a lot from his teachings , looked thru his commentary on the Book of Revelation that I just got on pages that cover MOB, the video says one thing and his book states what the Bible says in accordance with judgement. As for calvinsim , whatever, anyway as for him being a false teacher...really....who can really interperet the scriptures 100 % correct, and if there are better teachers out there list them. anyway don't matter. Catch ya'll on the flip side. done.

lfguard395

I would like your input on a subject that my daughter and I have discussed??

My daughter has been listening to John MacArthur for sometime now, and we have discussed his comment regarding: taking the mark to be able to survive during the tribulation. I'm not going to be here when the antichrist reveals himself, and neither is my daughter, but this John MacArthur has my daughter asking questions about how are those left behind going to survive? To her that seemed logical to believe due to this person stating what he thought was to happen, and also he is well known on one of the Christian radio stations, which is broadcast everywhere. She asked me "how did I know that he was wrong, and where in the Bible does it state that if they take the mark they cannot be saved." I looked up a lot of scripture in Revelation (14:9-11, 19:20, 20:4, 13:15-18) It talked about God's wrath for those who do take the mark, and being tormented, etc. Her question is a good one, but being a Christian for over 20 years, I knew this person was
not preaching God's Word truthfully. The Holy Spirit will not even let me compute such a lie in my heart! This person can cause a lot of damage to the younger generation that hears his message. I ask for your prayers to settle this for my daughter and what has been a false preaching that we are discussing. God is good and He knows our hearts, and the Love of Jesus that's in them. This world is getting weird-er by the minute for sure!! I say "thank you" to anyone who gives us their input. God Bless You

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

Slug-gun Hunter

Re: I would like your input on a subject that my daughter and I have discussed??

:shocked

John Macarthur said what !?!?

For Tribulation Christians to accept the Mark-of-the-Beast during the Tribulation years?!? :surprised

Nuh-Uh.

Far-better to be executed and sent to JESUS in HEAVEN than to be accepted by the wicked and cursed
degenerates who forsake Their Creator.
I will never believe that there is any forgiveness for anyone who willingly- and knowingly-takes the M.O.T.B.

:preach

mattfivefour

Re: I would like your input on a subject that my daughter and I have discussed??

Revelation 14:9-11 makes it clear that those who take the Mark of the Beast will be tormented forever. Not for a short period, but forever.

9 Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 “And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

This is further supported by Revelation 19:20-21—

20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh.​

... which then leads to Revelation 20:4-6—

4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.​

Now, remember that those who take part in this resurrection appear before the Bema seat of christ and do not take part in the Great White throne judgment. The Bema judgment is one of Heaven alone; the White Throne judgment is one of Hell alone, as we see in Revelation 20:7-15—

7 When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison, 8 and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore. 9 And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. 11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.​

Using good hermeneutics by taking scripture with scripture —rather than pulling it out of context— makes the proper doctrine clear. Therefore, anybody who teaches that those who take the mark of the beast are not doomed is teaching a false doctrine and offering a false hope.

I hope this helps.

iSong6:3

lfguard - Merged with this thread so you can see what others have said previously said too. MacArthur is clearly wrong about this. :((

light4mypath

My Redeemer Lives!
He did say it. There are vids on youtube of him saying it, however he did recant on it a few years later. It still disturbs me though and many take it as gospel and will defend it emphatically. :frust: I have personally tried to email him asking him about it, and never got a reply back. THIS is a prime example of WHY we are to test EVERYTHING against the scriptures.The Bible is the infallible Word of God. Man is fallable. Man always wants to put his interpretation on things as if he knows what God is thinking. I was a BIG JM fan. Until I heard the words come from his mouth. I was pretty sick to my stomach. I am no calvanist, I do know JM is, though he is pretty low keyed about it. I did enjoy his sermons though. Every now and then something didn't set right with me, and I would go to the Word about it. Having said all of that, I did still enjoy him as a preacher, NOT a teacher. I have learned when man starts sticking "his" thoughts into the mix things just get all boogered up. Salvation is VERY SERIOUS. When it concerns salvation it better be straight from the Word and not just a wee little man's thoughts on it.....:ohno He best be just sticking to the Word. It scares me and makes me sad, as well as angers me to think of those that may not have had salvation due to his running off at the mouth with outright lies concerning salvation. :crying

SkyRider

He is also guilty of what is in Revelation 22:18, if he still believes it is acceptable to receive the mark:

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book."

Such a teaching is akin to the doctrine of purgatory and giving Catholics a false hope of salvation; don't worry about sins that aren't covered now...they'll be purged from you after death.

LindaR

I knew about John MacArthur's teaching about the MOB, but what about Jimmy DeYoung? I'm in another group that is discussing Jimmy DeYoung...then I find out he teaches the same about the MOB as John MacArthur. Does anyone have any information about Jimmy DeYoung?

Editing to add this about Jimmy DeYoung:

http://prophecytoday.com/qna/audio/prophecyqna_5_31_12.mp3

Move the slider to the 14:44 marker. It is at that point where Jimmy DeYoung answers the question about those receiving the MOB and being able to be saved.

Last edited: