Jezus Christus...?

Discussion in 'Modern Cult Groups & Errant Religions' started by MAJ, Feb 13, 2019.

1. MAJ

MAJ Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I personally struggle with asking for help on certain topics because I'm afraid, due to dealing with incredibly mean-spirited Christians in the past, that people will look down on me, thinking I'm stupid for getting tripped up over a certain issue.

Well, I ran a search here on Rapture Forums and in other search engines to see if there was anything pertaining to this topic and I pretty much got nowhere... so here I am. I hope someone is kind enough to answer this inquiry because it's really gotten under my skin.

Let me see how to word this simply enough...

Okay then...

On Instagram there is a page called: sabbath_is_not_sat_or_sun. Viewing his content I get the impression that they're probably a hyper legalist.

Well, I saw a recent post of theirs. It was a photo of steepled churches in an idyllic neighborhood and this is their caption on the image, word for word:

A high place is a place of worship such as church, temple etc. It's called high place, because in ancient days the Hebrews (and others) would build a place of worship on a high hill. These places of worship were usually pagan temples and altars. The average high place would have an altar (2 Kings 21:3; 2 Chron. 14:3), a carved wooden pole that depicted the female goddess of fertility (Asherah),a stone pillar(Steeple) symbolizing the male deity (2 Kings 3:2), other idols (2Kings 17:29; 2 Chron. 33:19), and SOME TYPE OF BUILDING (1 Kings 12:31;13:32; 16:32-33). At these places of worship the people sacrificed animals (at some high places children were sacrificed according to Jer. 7:31), burned incense to their gods, prayed"..... Today, go into any inner city in the United States, and go to the Hebrew community. There you will see many churches / places of worship lined up on just about EVERY street. Some streets have 3 and 4 churches on one block, there are many instances where it’s more churches on a street than there are residential buildings. In the community where I was raised, there are 21 churches in a 1 mile area. And the Hebrews continue to build high places (churches) by the dozens. It's estimated that there are over 65,000 Hebrew owned "places of worship" across the U.S. They are usually marked by having steeples, crosses, obelisk (stone pillars), or graven images SUCH AS THE STATUTE OR LIBERTY which is actually Apollo (Satan) on the outsides of them. This is why the Most High do not live in temples made by human hands ( Act 7:48) "You have despised My set apart things and profaned My sabbaths.” ( Ezekiel 22:8). They continue to transgress the commandment which the Most High YAH set forth for them…. They continue to give esteem and worship to the Roman/Greeks god “Jezus Christus” on Sunday “Sun Worship” and Saturday “Saturn’s Day” using a Roman Catholic Calendar... In Lev 26:1 which says, "'DO NOT MAKE IDOLS OR SET UP AN IMAGE OR A SACRED STONE FOR YOURSELVES, AND DO NOT PLACE A CARVED STONE IN YOUR LAND TO BOW DOWN BEFORE IT. They continue to celebrate unscriptural traditions of men: False Sabbath Day, Christmas, Easter, New Years, Halloween.

Their one sentence, "They continue to give esteem and worship to the Roman/Greeks god “Jezus Christus” on Sunday “Sun Worship” and Saturday “Saturn’s Day” using a Roman Catholic Calendar..." is what's gotten under my skin. I've never seen Jesus referred to as "Jezus Christus" before. When I typed it in the search here on Rapture Forums, not a single article came up. When I ran "Jezus Christus" through other search engines, a lot of the results that popped up were in languages that I couldn't understand.

So I'm a bit thrown here. Is it wrong to refer to Jesus as 'Jesus?' Because that's what they seem to be implying.

Again, I think they're a hyper legalist and I should probably just ignore the account... but that photo caption has really gotten under my skin. If anyone could elaborate and shed some light on the possible errors in their theology... I'd GREATLY appreciate it. It's been causing a bit of vexation for me.

For the record, I apologize if this was somehow discussed at some point in some other thread. But like I said, I ran a search and nothing came up, so that's why I'm inquiring about this. There's so much misinformation on Instagram. Most of the time I can see the theological errors in a lot of posts, but this one...

... this one threw me. Simply because I've never seen Jesus referred to as "Jezus Christus" before.

2. Mary Cole

Mary Cole Well-Known Member

I've never heard of anyone referring to Him as Jezus Christus before either. It's like they're poking fun of Jesus, and yes we are free to call Him Jesus. Sooooooo they seem to think ALL churches are bad, as well as all days set aside for days of worship (Saturdays and Sundays)??? What also gets me is them calling Him a Roman or Greek god....simply by deliberately misspelling the name Jesus Christ?

Sounds like a Jesus hater or a Christian hater to me. Steer clear.

Sowen, greg64, Kaatje and 5 others like this.
  3. Everlasting Life

Everlasting Life Through Faith in Jesus

Ahhhh....you ran into some 'meanies for Jesus', eh? Unfortunately they seem to have missed the parts in the bible that encourages a child of God to esteem others in Christ highly and seek to outdo one another in love.

Glad you asked MAJ, because this does sound like a very legalistic, cult like thinking. Your asking may well help someone else to avoid it.

Do you have the name of the man and group by any chance? There's something very, very familiar about this to me I might be able to shed some light on for you.

greg64, Kaatje, ShilohRose and 3 others like this.
  4. Everlasting Life

Actually, I think I have found some more information on this. I searched just this
    and see that there's a website at the bottom. That page confirmed exactly what I thought.

This sounds like an offshoot of a church I've researched called World Wide Church of God, which was started by Herbert W. Armstrong. This group (before it split in two, one going down a highly legalistic path, the other embracing the Gospel....and perhaps some ecumenicalism, from what I've researched) basically was a mishmash of keeping the Old Testament Holy Days (including the Day of Atonement), Seventh Day Adventists, Mormonism, and what ever other cult could get squeezed in somehow. In addition there was great disdain for the names of the week as they pointed to false Gods. Worshipping on Saturday is considered a sign of being God's true people and the people truly following God.

Since the split of this church there are now probably hundreds of little versions of this church (with their own twists) in our country and world, each led by it's own cult like controlling person, so it would be hard to identify the roots of these little splinter churches as they are removed from the original by several splits in some cases. I can see why you would be confused about who they are. You are right to have red flags go up and I would encourage you to run, as one of our own members likes to say, "Like your hair is on fire!" :lol ETA It also seems that they do not believe in the trinity and are flat earthers....so, that might be helpful to know about.

If you want to avoid those who are controlling, abusive, highly damaging spiritually, then I would suggest not interacting with this group whatsoever. As I've read about those who've recovered from being in this original church and subsequent splinter groups the damage is just horrible.

Here's some more information about this for your own sake and safety. Glad you asked MAJ!! :)

http://www.exitsupportnetwork.com/

And, please picture me saying this with a smile, gentle voice and kind heart. :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Sowen, Lynn, greg64 and 6 others like this.
  5. Steve53

Steve53 Well-Known Member

Hopefully you've realized that here at RF, there aren't any mean spirited people.

We're serious about our Saviour, and the practice of sound hermeneutics. And that is something you can take comfort in because we're not going to sugar coat the truth.

Regarding your opening post, yeah, that site's a hot mess. Hang out here instead! :)

Sowen, lenraff, greg64 and 5 others like this.
  6. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

Jezus Christus appears to be Jesus Christ in Dutch. Might this organization have Dutch roots?

Sowen, lenraff, greg64 and 2 others like this.
  7. MAJ

MAJ Well-Known Member

I appreciate the kind responses. Given what I've been through in the past, it's a real struggle for me to ask for help on confusing topics. I'm always afraid I'll get a condescending remark insinuating that I'm an idiot.

For the record, I don't hang around people like that. I stick to pre-tribbers and Christians who strive to demonstrate grace. But when I discovered the Instagram page and started reading the posts... some of the photo captions REALLY got under my skin, and since everyone here is so knowledgeable I figured this would be the best place to inquire about it. Like I said, I NEVER heard or saw Jesus referred to (or spelt as) Jezus Christus, and the captions and legalistic terminology got under my skin.

I wish I could give more information on this page, but the only thing I know is the Instagram page name, nothing more.

Sowen, Lynn, lenraff and 5 others like this.
  8. Everlasting Life

This may just be how I work, but I notice that when there's something that just doesn't sit right with me there's usually a good reason, that I can't quite put my finger on just yet.

Usually it's that I recognize something or notice something that's subconsciously triggering red flags, later, when I'm able to think further I'm able to actually point to concrete reasons that make sense as to why I'm having a 'gut feeling' about something being off. Now, I listen to that gut feeling (and think that the Holy Spirit is involved at times).

No problem. :) And, from what I've read on some of your posts, I certainly would describe you as one who's got a good grasp on the bible and I suspect lots of good questions. I personally learn a lot when people here ask about confusing topic and am glad people ask. :nod I'd venture to guess that like many of us, you are also still growing in Christ, I don't think that ever stops.

That attitude of treating others condescendingly and like an idiot is not of God whatsoever! If one makes me feel that way I take it as a red flag that I'm dealing with someone that may not be a safe person to interact with, and I avoid like the plague (actually that kind of attitude is often found in cults or controlling entities)! I just don't know how treating someone like that wins someone to Christ or is in the vein of 1Timothy 5:1-2

Never speak harshly to an older man, but appeal to him respectfully as you would to your own father. Talk to younger men as you would to your own brothers. Treat older women as you would your mother, and treat younger women with all purity as you would your own sisters.

Or 2 Timothy 2:24-25

A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth.

Good to see you MAJ. :)

Sowen, Lynn, lenraff and 5 others like this.
  9. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

Exactly! Steer FAR clear! That person is a voice of Satan ... perhaps unwittingly, but a satanic voice nonetheless.

The fact is that the English Jesus Christ is a transliteration of the Greek Ἰησοῦς Χριστός (pronounced yee-ay-SOOSS krees-TOSS). Ἰησοῦς is a transliteration of the Hebrew name יֵשׁוּעַ (Yeshuah) which itself is a short version of יהושוע (Yehoshuah ... which we know as Joshua) which means "God is Savior" or "God saves". And Χριστός is the translation of the Hebrew משיח (mashiach) which we say as Messiah and means Anointed. So in Hebrew He is Yeshua haMashiach; in Greek He is Iesous Christos; in English He is Jesus Christ. But all three are the same person and come from the same root that reveals that His Name is God Saves and that His office is that of the Messiah who was promised to mankind. And regardless of the language we use, God knows to Whom we refer when we speak His precious Name.

Sowen, Lynn, lenraff and 9 others like this.
  10. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

You beat me to it, Tall Timbers!
    Yes, Jezus Christus is the Dutch translation of Jesus Christ. Nothing more or less.

So I tried to find some Dutch roots of these heretics, but came up with nothing.
    Well, maybe better. No use wasting time on blatantly false teachings!

Sowen, Lynn, lenraff and 7 others like this.
  11. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

I figured it was so I googled "Jezus Christus is Jesus Christ in what language?" and found the answer pretty quickly. If they don't have Dutch roots, my inquiring mind would be interested to know how they came to use Jezus Christus...

Sowen, Lynn, lenraff and 4 others like this.
  12. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

I have spent some time looking through the website of this group. It is as heretical a site as I have ever seen! Not only does it impose a strict legalism that purports to be based in Scripture but is as twisted as any Scripture Satan gave to Christ, but these people absolutely and emphatically deny the deity of Jesus Christ. Don't even give these demonic leaders of the blind the time of day!

Sowen, Lynn, greg64 and 7 others like this.
  13. Steve53

Steve53 Well-Known Member

That's what I meant when I said yesterday that the site was a hot mess ... Hard to un-see some of that.

14. Everlasting Life

Yeah....the tone of this site has control, condescending and twisted theology all over. It's really slick and smooth. It's pretty deceptive. The founder of the original movement apparently had his background in advertising and thus got a head start on youtube by publishing magazines, getting on the radio and t.v. Seems he blitzed all forms of communication out and thus drew in a following of people. And he had that charismatic authoritative aspect (we see more of now today) that made people feel/think he really knew what he was talking about. I've observed that the splinter groups have followed in those footsteps.

The spiritual fallout is tremendous and lives have been destroyed.

Followers of Christ, of the bible exhibit love, care and gentle guidance in solid biblical theology whereas (from what I've read) if one seeks clarification from a group like this rejection, threats of excommunication and an ungodly (I would even venture to say demonic) abusive tactics are put in play in order to maintain very unhealthy control and manipulation.

This is why it's really wise to take time to double check movements and spiritual groups. :nod

Sowen, Lynn, mattfivefour and 3 others like this.