Jewish US Senator Dianne Feinstein will not seek re-election

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The longest-serving female senator is stepping down due to deteriorating memory.
By REUTERS
Published: FEBRUARY 14, 2023

US Senator Dianne Feinstein, a trailblazer for women in American politics, announced on Tuesday that she will not seek re-election in 2024, clearing the path for a hotly contested race for her seat among California Democrats.

First elected to the Senate in 1992, Feinstein is the oldest member of Congress at 89. She had been under pressure to resign in recent years and had pushed back on lawmakers' accounts that her memory had deteriorated.

"I am announcing today I will not run for reelection in 2024 but intend to accomplish as much for California as I can through the end of next year when my term ends," she said in a statement.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/us-elections/article-731616

jab777

Next batter up Pelosi?
I think they’ll have to drag her kicking and screaming out of Congress. I think there needs to be a general house cleaning in the House and the Senate and get these people who get elected and settle in till the end of time out of there. Particularly if they are Democrats and RINO Republicans. The Founders envisioned people getting elected and serving a term or 2 and then going home. Too bad they didn’t put limits on how many times you can be elected. Probably never occurred to them that elected representatives in both houses of Congress would turn into squatters. Congress realized they had a problem with the presidency after FDR’s 4 terms and did something about it. Time to do the same in Congress.

GotGrace

The longest-serving female senator is stepping down due to deteriorating memory.
By REUTERS
Published: FEBRUARY 14, 2023

US Senator Dianne Feinstein, a trailblazer for women in American politics, announced on Tuesday that she will not seek re-election in 2024, clearing the path for a hotly contested race for her seat among California Democrats.

First elected to the Senate in 1992, Feinstein is the oldest member of Congress at 89. She had been under pressure to resign in recent years and had pushed back on lawmakers' accounts that her memory had deteriorated.

"I am announcing today I will not run for reelection in 2024 but intend to accomplish as much for California as I can through the end of next year when my term ends," she said in a statement.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/us-elections/article-
She seems to have been half dead for awhile now but wouldn’t lay down for the grim reaper.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
She seems to have been half dead for awhile now but wouldn’t lay down for the grim reaper.

I don't blame her. I didn't lay down for the grim reaper when it would have been so easy, and God graciously blessed me with protection and healing the multiple times when I needed it . . . resistance in NOT futile :tappingfoot

Of course, God's Will takes precedence and overrides everything else.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

GHoe

The title should have read, "will not seek re-election to her surprise".

She was asked on camera about her retirement and she acted like she had no clue she was retiring as if it wasn't what she wanted (possibly)...

DanLMP

Why is the fact that she is Jewish noted? It isn't pertinent.
Has the Media highlighted her "Jewishness" previously? No.

Back