Jewish friend

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
Hi, I have a prayer request. I just shared the gospel with my neighbor. She was born in Israel, but doesn't believe that Jesus is the Messiah. However, she does believe in aliens and other dimensional beings and believes in dousing, crystals, and reiki healing. We talked for almost an hour and she asked me to pray for her sister who has cancer. She told me that I have a light and a high perception of the spiritual realm; it is interesting that is how non-christians perceive the Holy Spirit. Towards the end of our very long conversation, she said she wanted to know who Jesus is, so I asked her if she would be willing to read the gospel, the book of John. But then she got this look in her eyes like she was really mad and scared at the same time...she said in a voice that kept get louder and louder until she was almost yelling, "Jesus is not my God, Jesus is my equal, He is not the Son of God!" and then our conversation ended and she went inside. I was a little shocked and prayed because I wasn't sure if I said something wrong. I had to get something out of my car, so when I went to my car, this older woman was walking her huge dog. The dog ran towards me and was licking my hand and the woman said, "I heard your conversation" and then she said "Happy Easter" with a big smile. I am not very good at sharing the gospel, but I know God is the One who saves.

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
She certainly sounds indoctrinated with new age beliefs, they believe in "christ consciousness" and that everyone is evolving into gods, and their false christ is an "avatar" . . Reiki and crystals etc is part of their pick and mix all paths to god mentality. ...and of course "altered states of consciousness" which open a person to doctrines of demons.... Which is why she may have been shouting !

http://www.letusreason.org/Nam4.htm

I just found this helpful article re the history of new age and what they believe.... I have a friend who has been a "holistic healer" for ten years, part of a "lightworkers of the world" group - they think they are spreading peace, love and light, when the truth is its darkness and deception!

The quite unbelievable thing is how new age things have spread into the visible church ... Including "little gods" teaching, chanting "I am powerful and what I believe changes the world" .... And church leaders instead of warning the flock are not spotting the deception, but joining right in!

It must have been an exhausting conversation for you, will pray ....:)

Last edited:

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
She certainly sounds indoctrinated with new age beliefs, they believe in "christ consciousness" and that everyone is evolving into gods, and their false christ is an "avatar" . . Reiki and crystals etc is part of their pick and mix all paths to god mentality. ...and of course "altered states of consciousness" which open a person to doctrines of demons.... Which is why she may have been shouting !

http://www.letusreason.org/Nam4.htm

I just found this helpful article re the history of new age and what they believe.... I have a friend who has been a "holistic healer" for ten years, part of a "lightworkers of the world" group - they think they are spreading peace, love and light, when the truth is its darkness and deception!

The quite unbelievable thing is how new age things have spread into the visible church ... Including "little gods" teaching, chanting "I am powerful and what I believe changes the world" .... And church leaders instead of warning the flock are not spotting the deception, but joining right in!

It must have been an exhausting conversation for you, will pray ....:)
Thank you so much!! Thank you also for providing that article! It blows my mind that people can believe in all of that, but scoff at the idea of a loving and just God who made a way for us to be with Him forever through Jesus. God did all of the work, Jesus took all of the pain. One of the things I want to ask God is why He made us if He is perfect and doesn't need anything or anyone to be complete. That is a question I have a hard time answering people when people ask me.

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
Here's a link to a brilliant website re new age research and also how the NAM has infiltrated the church.... If you scroll down, you'll find lots of interesting articles ..

https://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?cat=95

It's hard when involved in long conversations with those not yet saved. My dh isn't yet born again and the conversations with him have been intensive to say the least ! Whenever he throws me a curveball, I always try to steer right back to Jesus, sin, the cross .... Then go for a lie down!!! :)

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
One of the things I want to ask God is why He made us if He is perfect and doesn't need anything or anyone to be complete.
I think because God IS love and love always looks to another. Not for completeness of self, but as a natural outreaching to see others blessed. Love shares. Not because it has to, but because it wants to ... for that is its very nature.