Jesus Loves Children

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Jesus Loves Children
By Dennis Huebshman

Matthew 19:13-14; “Then children were brought to Him that He might lay His hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, (13) but Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of Heaven’.” (ESV all emphasis mine)

Matthew 18:1-6; “At that time, the disciples came to Jesus saying, ‘Who is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven?’ (2) And calling to Him a child, He put him in the midst of them (3) and said, ‘Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of Heaven. (4) Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven. (5) Whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; (6) but whoever causes one of these little ones, who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and be drowned in the depth of the sea’.”

The above verses really need to be considered by those who are abusing children today. The abuses I’m speaking of are getting more and more extreme, and more evil, with children being treated as if they aren’t even human. This is nothing really new in this world, but the degree of violence and mayhem is gaining ground as we get nearer to the end of this age. Satanic influence has come out of the closet, and it’s in plain sight. Sadly what’s being criticized is anyone who claims to be a Christian.

As an example of present day persecution; previously, a baker in Colorado won a partial Supreme Court Victory for refusing to make a gay couple’s wedding cake. Now, he’s being challenged for refusing to bake a cake celebrating a gender-transition. A local judge fined the baker for discrimination. However, this will also be appealed.

This would not even be an issue, but the baker is known to have Christian convictions, and the radical left is targeting him. It’s not as if there aren’t other bakeries in the area that are secular, and would gladly supply the product. This is also happening to Christian photographers, Christian florists and any other businesses known to be run by believers.

Just about 20 years or so ago, this would not have been an issue. However, with some changes in government attitudes, and the “coming out” of all the alphabet groups, it’s as if a hunting license has been issued against anyone who has Jesus as their Savior.

Before going further, Matthew 7:13-14; Matthew 24; Luke 21 and other places in the Bible tells us these things would be taking place near the end of this age. Jesus said we would be hated for His name sake, and that is obvious in today’s society.

God has not changed one bit. What was called an abomination in His word is still an abomination. Today, what Jesus said about causing little ones to sin – or to be subject to the abusive sins of others – still stands. They may not be “prosecuted” on this earth, but Revelation 20:11-15 gives a description of their eternal residence. At that Judgment, all decisions are final, and no appeal will be available.

No true believer will be at that Judgment. All who will have received and accepted the free gift that our Savior provided, will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ, (2 Corinthians 5:10) and will receive or lose rewards for what we have done here. However, our eternity will still be with Jesus in Heaven.

Growing up in a Christian home, and during a time that was much different from today’s values, we learned kid’s songs such as “Jesus Loves The Little Children”, and “Jesus Loves Me”. They had meaning in my heart then, and they’re still there today.

Taking a look at these old Christian favorites, first is “Jesus Loves The Little Children”, by Clarence Herbert Woolston (1856-1927) released in 1913. I remember the refrain most of all.

1.) Jesus calls the children dear, “Come to Me and never fear; for I love the little children of the world. I will take you by the hand, lead you to a better land; For I love The children of the world.

Ref) Jesus loves the little children; all the children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white, all are precious in His sight; Jesus loves the little children of the world.

2.) Jesus is the shepherd true, and He’ll always stand by you. For He loves the little children of the world; He’s a Savior great and strong, and He’ll shield you from the wrong; for He loves the little children of the world.

3) I am coming Lord, to thee; and your soldier I will be. For You love the little children of the world. And your cross I’ll always bear, and for You I’ll do and dare. For you Love the little children of the world.

Next would be “Jesus Loves Me” by Anna Bartlett Warner (1827-1915), and released in 1859.

1.) Jesus loves me, this I know; for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong; they are weak, but He is strong.

Ref) Yes Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! The bible tells me so.

2.) Jesus loves me, He who died; Heaven’s gate to open wide. He will wash away my sin; let His little child come in.

3.) Jesus loves me, this I know; as He loved so long ago. Taking children on His knee; saying, ‘Let them come to Me’.

John 15:9; “Jesus said, as the Father has loved Me, so I have loved you; abide in My name.”

Today, the emphasis in many churches is modern, upbeat, heart-thumping songs. For “Jesus Loves Me”, I remember well the first verse and the refrain. Both of the above songs still give me a warm, loved feeling just thinking about them.

All the events of today are practically shouting out that the end of this age is very near. Of course, the secular world, that is being led by satan, perceives all this to be a foolish notion.

In 2 Peter 3, we’re given a message about all the events that will take place with “scoffers” following their sinful desires. Even though it seems like the evil will never end, God knows the exact second that He will act. He is patient where we are not, and He wishes that no one should be condemned. However, that day is absolutely drawing near, and true believers are ready to be with our Savior.

This leads to a final “Jesus Loves Me” song that’s especially for all senior citizens. The author is unknown, though it’s posted in several sites from early 2000. It fits what should be in our hearts during this very troubling time on earth.

1.) Jesus loves me, this I know; though my hair is white as snow. Though my sight is growing dim; still He bids me trust in Him.

Ref.) Yes Jesus loves me; Yes Jesus loves me; Yes Jesus loves me; the Bible tells me so.

2.) Though my steps are oh so slow; with my hand in His I’ll go; on through life, let come what may; He’ll be there to lead the way!

3.) When the nights are dark and long; in my heart He put a song. Telling me in words so clear; Have no fear, for I am near.

4.) When my work on earth is done’ and life’s victories have been won. He will take me Home above; then I’ll understand His Love.

If you haven’t called on Jesus to forgive and save you, right now would not be too soon. The time is approaching that God said would take place, and it could even be today. If you have your “reservation” in, you’re heart will resonate with “Jesus Loves Me, This I Know; For the Bible Tells Me So”.

Hope to see you soon at Home!

[email protected]

https://www.raptureforums.com/dennis-huebshman/jesus-loves-children/

Back