Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!

Discussion in 'The Rapture, Bible Prophecy, and End Times Chat' started by Chris, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
    By Dennis Huebshman

“Jesus, Jesus, Jesus; there’s just something about that name. Master, Savior, Jesus; like the fragrance after the rain. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus; let all heaven and earth proclaim. Kings and kingdoms will all pass away, but there’s something about that name”. (Bill and Gloria Gaither, 1970 – emphasis mine)

Isn’t it amazing that this one name has sparked so many different emotions, all the way back to His birth. They range from extremely positive to totally negative. Just knowing He had been born, King Herod tried to have Him eliminated right from the start. Satan has been working in many people to turn the world against Him.

Sadly, there are those that use the name as an irreverent cuss word. The part about not taking the Lord’s name in vain applies equally with the name, Jesus. Also, “Christ” is not His last name, as the proper title is “Jesus The Christ”. It means “Messiah” or “Anointed One”.

Over the past few years, it’s gotten really popular to attack just about anything that involves Our Savior. Yet reference to any other “religion” is welcomed. Some schools around the country are even encouraging students to bring “prayer rugs” for their “islam” training. At the same time, bibles are banned. Many parents are protesting this, but are being fought all the way to the school boards.

Students in public schools are allowed to wear shirts with just about anything printed on them, except when it comes to Christianity. Some have even been forced to wear them inside-out, or be sent home, because they displayed a cross or other reference to Christianity.

A number of years ago, I was listening to a Country-Western radio station, and the DJ. happened to mention the name Jesus. It was in a positive way, not meant to bring shame to the Lord. Right after that, he took a phone call from a female listener, and opened the line on the air. Her comments gave me a chill. She stated she was “offended” by him using the name of “Jesus”, on the air. The D.J. asked if she believed in Jesus, and she adamantly said, “Of Course Not!” This was a few years before the commotion started taking place by the “Freedom from Religion” group, and others that we have today.

The old adage about separation of Church and State, has been so misinterpreted, that most people don’t even question it anymore. Problem is, the real quote by Thomas Jefferson was meant to deny the State from enacting any laws to interfere with or prohibit the freedom of worship that each and every citizen is allowed to do. To worship, or not, is not up to the government to regulate, as it’s included as a basic right of every American.

We see Churches of Satan springing up around the country that were not in the open several years ago. Where there are displays of the 10 Commandments around several government facilities, statues honoring satanism are being placed near them. Have we seen any full-fledged protests about the open satanism?

We hear the call for revival, yet more and more of the population is turning away from true Worship; especially among the young – 30 and under. Numerous churches are changing their “presentation” to be more entertaining and less condemning, with the emphasis on feel-good messages with “many ways to heaven” stories. Abominations in the bible are spoken of as ancient history, and not relevant anymore, as if God has changed His mind about them.

Jesus Himself warned there would be false prophets and false doctrine in the last days. Paul, Peter, James, John and others covered this as well. 1 John 2:18-19 tells us, “Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming (the final one), so now many antichrists have come. Therefore, we know that it is in the last hour. (19) They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out that it might become plain they all are not of us.” (ESV) There have been “servants of satan” (demons and antichrists) from the very beginning. The activity today is getting more open and the pace accelerating significantly. Soon, the final antichrist will be here, right after the Church is taken out – Raptured.

This trend to move away from true Christianity is gaining speed, as I mentioned. Satan and his demons are working overtime to deceive as many as possible. They know what enticements to use to draw any attention about Jesus away, and lead people in a totally opposite direction.

This has been expected, as even Jesus knew it would happen. He realized more would go after the things of this world, than go the straight and narrow way that leads to Him. (Matthew 7:13-14) For some, to accept Jesus as the only way to the Father (John 14:6), and therefore the only way to heaven is just too restrictive on their lifestyles.

God has a way to handle that, which is given in 2 Thessalonians 2:11, “Therefore, God sends them a “strong delusion”, so that they may believe what is false.” This is mainly meant for the time of the Wrath (Tribulation), but could also be used just before that time actually starts. Anyone who has an open mind should be able to see this world changing, and it’s not for the better.

Our Heavenly Father loves us all, and doesn’t want anyone to be separated from Him. (2 Peter 3:9) He made sure we have a way to be able to come to Him as if we’re pure and holy, even though we all are sinners (Romans 3:23). However, to refuse His offer, and to reject Jesus as our Savior, will tell Him that our choice is the Lake of Fire.

To a true believer, our eyes are open, and we gladly bow before Him, and accept His free gift. We give Jesus all the glory, honor and praise for what He has done for us, with no hesitation whatsoever.

The entire world will eventually bow before the Savior – satan included. Philippians 2:9-11, “Therefore, God has highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him, the name that is above every name, (10) so that at the name of Jesus, every knee will bow, in Heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, (11) and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

Our precious Savior shed His blood for any and all who would accept Him. For believers, He has gone ahead to prepare a place for us. (John 14:1-3) For those who reject Him, it makes Him sad, but they will end up at the Great White Throne Judgment, and then be cast into the Lake of Fire forever, that was made specifically for satan and his demons. (Revelation 20:11-15/Matthew 25:41)

As stated numerous times, it’s an individual choice that each of us has to make. There will be “good” people that never took the time to ask Jesus to be their Savior, that will end up in eternal darkness. Then, there are those who may have lived a sinful life, but before they passed from this earth called out to Jesus to save them. They will have an eternal home with the Savior.

Matthew 20:1-16 tells of a landowner who hired workers at different times during the day. The last group was hired just about an hour before quitting time. All the workers received the same pay. The point is, God has told us that “ALL” who call on the name of the Lord will be saved; whether at the beginning of our “accountable” years, or at the very end of our time here. There is no difference to the Father. The place where rewards are given for faithful service is at the Judgment Seat Of Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:10). Some will receive rewards for their service to the Lord, and some will receive none. However, we will all be with Him in paradise forever, and we will all acknowledge the Father is faithful and just, and we will be satisfied.

As Joshua said (Chapter 24:15), choose who you will serve. There’s only two options, Jesus or Satan. Some may think there will be more ways, but Jesus, Himself, said, “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by Me.” (John 14:6)

All who accept Jesus will be saying/singing:

“Jesus, Jesus, Jesus; sweetest name I know. Fills my every longing, keeps me singing as I go.” (Luther B. Bridgers; 1910; There’s within my heart a Melody)

His coming to take His believers Home, is getting very close. Don’t miss the call; accept Him today. (Romans 10:9-13; Acts 4:12)

Maranatha!

bdhuebshman@sbcglobal.net

https://www.raptureforums.com/jesus/jesus-jesus-jesus/

Accepted, Kem, lenraff and 9 others like this.
  2. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

:thumbup

Denny, lenraff, Lynn and 4 others like this.
  3. Love His Appearing

Love His Appearing Well-Known Member

I have always loved this song. I would guess that in the last 10 years there hasn't been a day that it hasn't popped into my head. Sing, hum, whistle...there's just something about it...

Denny, lenraff, Lynn and 5 others like this.
  4. billy swinea

billy swinea Well-Known Member

I HOPE EVERY CHILD OF GOD HAS A GO TO SONG. MINE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD. HAVEING JESUS IN OUR HEART AND LIFE CAN NOT BE COMPARED TO ANYTHING ON EARTH! YOU HAVE TO KNOW JESUS OR YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. I LOVE YOU DEAR GOD FOR GIVEING JESUS FOR ALL OF OUR SINS AMEN

Accepted, Denny, lenraff and 5 others like this.
  5. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

Wonderful thread!!! :thumbup

Denny, lenraff, Lynn and 3 others like this.
  6. EliYah

EliYah Member

Post removed by admin. Promotes unscriptural Hebrew Roots teaching that is in violation of forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2019 at 8:08 PM
  7. lenraff

lenraff Well-Known Member

That song always gives me Ghost Bumps ( After all we're Pentecostals ya' know) :thumbup

Denny and mattfivefour like this.
  8. lenraff

EliYah, The name Jesus appears 983 times in 942 verses in my Bible, Yahshua doesn't appear once. The same goes for Yahweh.
    This sounds strangely familiar, Hebrew Roots?

Rev 22:19  And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

This would apply especially to the name given above all names whereby we must be saved. Not interested in a debate here as I lost a good friend to cancer last year who was deceived by this mess and it took two years of prayer and counseling to rescue him. The only reason for the comment is I'm very Jealous for my Savior as are the members here imo, and won't stay silent when His Name is challenged. May the God of mercy open your eyes. His Name Is Jesus.

billy swinea and mattfivefour like this.
  9. Batfan7

Batfan7 Well-Known Member

What? I'm confused. Are you saying that it had to be an English pronunciation in order to be correct? That can't be what you are saying. I must be misunderstanding. Please clarify.

Salluz, Kem and mattfivefour like this.
  10. Batfan7

And I should clarify my comment, I don't think it's ok to push a Greek or Hebrew pronunciation either. It's ridiculous to think the way you roll your vowels is the only right way.

Salluz, Kem and mattfivefour like this.
  11. lenraff

BF, I think my comment is clear, our Bible does not contain the name Yahshua, or Yahweh. The name of Jesus is the only name given by which we are saved. We are Christian not Hebrew, we are under grace not the law. Trying to be Hebrew is heretical.
    End of discussion.

12. Xenosjeff

Xenosjeff Well-Known Member

When Jesus Christ was expressing His prophetic knowledge in Luke of the world at the end of the age didn’t He express that it would be miraculous to find any faith at all? We are seeing His words. Exciting, encouraging and fearsome.

Jesus, my Lord and Savior, I have faith in you. Your love is sufficient for me.

While we enjoy the footing we have by standing on the bedrock of Christ, there are many who are perfectly eager to be swept away. They are very proud of their deadly decision.

Jeff

billy swinea and lenraff like this.
  13. Batfan7

Okay, since I feel we could be delving into an argument here which isn't where I want to go, I'll let this be my final comment on this. I can see where you are coming from if you are equating the way you say Jesus' name with a deeper issue of legalism, and I'd agree that we shouldn't try to be Jewish in order to be saved or anything similar. But I find it irritating to say that an English translation is the only true way to say "Jesus". If you translate it to Chinese, it won't have English letters nor an English pronunciation and that's just as proper. And if I decided to use that name for when I talk to God, I don't think He will be offended.

Accepted, Kem, greg64 and 2 others like this.
  14. Salluz

Salluz Well-Known Member

I agree. Ienraff is being just as bad as Eliyah but in the other direction. Incidentally, my bible does say Yahweh in the old testament. It's a version Adrian recommended to me in a bible thread a while back, so I'm willing to say with certainty it isn't any sort of heretical version. I prefer to say "LORD" just because that's what I grew up with and not knowing the vowels between the four Hebrew letters. But if someone says Jesús they aren't saved because they speak Spanish not English? How about Iesous? I feel bad for all the Greek speaking apostles who are in hell because English hadn't been invented yet.

Where's the freedom in Christ? Sure sounds legalistic to me. I don't see any grace in his statement.

Batfan7 likes this.
  15. billy swinea

billy swinea Well-Known Member

I HAD TO QUIT TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THIS POST. JESUS JESUS JESUS IS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME! ALMIGHTY GOD MADE SALVATION SIMPLE FOR ALL TO RECIEVE! I LOVE YOU ALL IN JESUS NAME!! Billy

chaser, Forgiven1 and Salluz like this.
  16. EliYah

EliYah Member

Interesting that my posts are deleted but allow others who comment on it to remain, so no debate but allowed just the truth of the moderator. I see this site is heavily censored and as well as hypocritical.

17. EliYah

EliYah Member

My posts are deleted on this site, difficult to clarify when there is no debate allowed. May Yah bless.

18. EliYah

EliYah Member

Matthew 13:14-15-"And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, by hearing ye shall hear and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: for this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and should understand with their heart, and should be converted and I should heal them."

19. EliYah

EliYah Member

Isaiah 42:8-"I am Yahweh: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." The Tetragrammaton; four Hebrew letters yod, hay, waw, hay or in English YHWH, pronounced Yahweh. Matthew 13:16-"But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear." May Yahweh Bless!!

20. Salluz

Salluz Well-Known Member

Either way, as Christians we have the right to just call him "Father," which is how Jesus told us to pray

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. From Matthew 6

This, then, is how you should pray:
    “‘Our Father in heaven,
    hallowed be your name"

We have the right to call the Father our Father, and even knowing my dad's name I don't call him by it. Father works for me when addressing God. I think Lord is appropriate as well because of the many times lord is used in the OT instead of YHWH.

For Jesus, as long as we are talking about the Son of God who died for our sins, we are talking about the same person whether we say Jesus or Yeshua or Jesús or Iesous. Same way my name is pronounced Caleb in English, Cahleb in Spanish, something akin to Carebu in Japenese, and undoubtedly something else in the Hebrew it is derived from. They're all acceptable and talk about me, even though they sound different

Batfan7 likes this.