Jesus "hints" at the Rapture.

Rocky R.

Jesus is God Almighty, and always spoke the truth. In fact, He spoke our entire reality into being. When He speaks, what He says is either already true or becomes true when He says it!

I thought of that as I pondered His words, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die."

The key qualifier for the person who wants to receive this blessing is in "he who believes in Me". Therefore, at the Rapture, those who have died believing and trusting in Jesus shall live. For those still alive at the Rapture who believe in Jesus, they shall be caught up to meet the LORD in the air, fulfilling His promise "whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die". Until the Rapture doctrine was clarified, I'm sure many wondered what He meant by those words because since His ascension into Heaven, many believers throughout these past 2,000 plus years have died. They were martyred, murdered, died at young ages, died of natural causes, etc etc. But in that single statement of Jesus, was He foretelling the Rapture?? I certainly think so! Jesus is THE Resurrection and Life. In Him we live and move and have our being. When the trumpet sounds, those who died believing in Christ shall live, and whoever believes in Christ at that time shall never die!

Andy C

At the most IMO His teachings could be considered as a few hints, but hints we would only decipher due to the teachings of Paul.

As a former poker player, I will see your Dr Ice and Woods, and raise you one Jack Kelley:biggrin

Question: I recently came across your site and I truly appreciate your gift of interpreting Gods Word. It has helped me, more specifically on understanding the Rapture and events leading up to the Rapture. My question is that is John 5:25-29 referencing the Rapture? I did a quick search of your site but found nothing identifying these verses. I look forward to your response.
Answer: Having the benefit of Paul’s teaching we can see a hint of the rapture in John 5:25-29. But if we didn’t already know about it I don’t think we would interpret the passage that way. In verses 25-27 He was speaking about living unbelievers who would hear the gospel and be saved to eternal life. Then in verses 28-29 He explained that everyone would someday hear His voice and come out of their graves. Some would inherit eternal life and some would be condemned. These are the two resurrections first spoken of in Daniel 12:2.

Jesus never clearly taught about the rapture, leaving that for Paul to do. But He did give some interesting hints, such as the one in John 11:25-26.
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies (resurrection); and whoever lives and believes in me will never die (rapture). Do you believe this?”.

Some believers who have died will come to life and others will receive eternal life without dying.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/jesus-and-the-rapture-4/

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Jesus is God Almighty, and always spoke the truth. In fact, He spoke our entire reality into being. When He speaks, what He says is either already true or becomes true when He says it!

I thought of that as I pondered His words, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die."

The key qualifier for the person who wants to receive this blessing is in "he who believes in Me". Therefore, at the Rapture, those who have died believing and trusting in Jesus shall live. For those still alive at the Rapture who believe in Jesus, they shall be caught up to meet the LORD in the air, fulfilling His promise "whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die". Until the Rapture doctrine was clarified, I'm sure many wondered what He meant by those words because since His ascension into Heaven, many believers throughout these past 2,000 plus years have died. They were martyred, murdered, died at young ages, died of natural causes, etc etc. But in that single statement of Jesus, was He foretelling the Rapture?? I certainly think so! Jesus is THE Resurrection and Life. In Him we live and move and have our being. When the trumpet sounds, those who died believing in Christ shall live, and whoever believes in Christ at that time shall never die!

At the most IMO His teachings could be considered as a few hints, but hints we would only decipher due to the teachings of Paul.

As a former poker player, I will see your Dr Ice and Woods, and raise you one Jack Kelley:biggrin

Question: I recently came across your site and I truly appreciate your gift of interpreting Gods Word. It has helped me, more specifically on understanding the Rapture and events leading up to the Rapture. My question is that is John 5:25-29 referencing the Rapture? I did a quick search of your site but found nothing identifying these verses. I look forward to your response.
Answer: Having the benefit of Paul’s teaching we can see a hint of the rapture in John 5:25-29. But if we didn’t already know about it I don’t think we would interpret the passage that way. In verses 25-27 He was speaking about living unbelievers who would hear the gospel and be saved to eternal life. Then in verses 28-29 He explained that everyone would someday hear His voice and come out of their graves. Some would inherit eternal life and some would be condemned. These are the two resurrections first spoken of in Daniel 12:2.

Jesus never clearly taught about the rapture, leaving that for Paul to do. But He did give some interesting hints, such as the one in John 11:25-26.
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies (resurrection); and whoever lives and believes in me will never die (rapture). Do you believe this?”.

Some believers who have died will come to life and others will receive eternal life without dying.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/jesus-and-the-rapture-4/

The Jack card comment got me bursting into laughter, well played sir !!

Carl

Andy!
Yesterday was the first time that I have really listened to Andy Woods. I listened to his first teaching on Middle East Meltdown. He started his teaching at chapter 1 of Ezekiel. His point was that a teacher has a special responsibility to tell the truth. He backed it up with God's instruction to Ezekiel was appointed by God as a Watchman, and God's comments on what a Watchman should do to live. Then he went to the book of Acts and found the same instructions to the church leaders in the new testament. He also mentioned that he takes the time to get out the whole word on his lessons rather that chance not giving the whole meaning to his scripture lesson.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Andy!
Yesterday was the first time that I have really listened to Andy Woods. I listened to his first teaching on Middle East Meltdown. He started his teaching at chapter 1 of Ezekiel. His point was that a teacher has a special responsibility to tell the truth. He backed it up with God's instruction to Ezekiel was appointed by God as a Watchman, and God's comments on what a Watchman should do to live. Then he went to the book of Acts and found the same instructions to the church leaders in the new testament. He also mentioned that he takes the time to get out the whole word on his lessons rather that chance not giving the whole meaning to his scripture lesson.

I was watching his Zechariah video series and he is putting forth the view that we won't actually have mansions in heaven and that it is only a temporary dwelling place or room that he went to prepare for us because ultimately our main task will be to dwell with him and rule on the earth.

I found that interesting food for thought

DWB

Could be, but I dont believe that is referring to the rapture, nor do I believe Jesus ever taught anything about the rapture. That IMO was the mystery He gave to Paul to teach.
Agree 100%, I think many want to believe Jesus hinted at the rapture, of course He knew, but always hid the info to be later revealed by Paul. The church age was a hidden mystery, the 12 were expecting Jesus to return during their lifetime to set up the Kingdom based on the Gospel of the Kingdom. But again, I'm just a hick from Alabama living in Tennessee who raises cows, what do I know.

mattfivefour

Respectfully, I think Jesus was simply saying that while our bodies may die, we shall not. Remember, we are not bodies with a soul; we are souls with a body. Our body is temporary and disposable; our soul is eternal. So Jesus was not speaking of the death of the body in this life; He was speaking of the second death (Revelation 21:8), the eternal, fiery separation of the soul from God.

Again with respect, I encourage people not to over-think God's Word. It only leads to rabbit holes. As the third rule of Bible interpretation states: When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense.

Rocky R.

Respectfully, I think Jesus was simply saying that while our bodies may die, we shall not. Remember, we are not bodies with a soul; we are souls with a body. Our body is temporary and disposable; our soul is eternal. So Jesus was not speaking of the death of the body in this life; He was speaking of the second death (Revelation 21:8), the eternal, fiery separation of the soul from God.

Again with respect, I encourage people not to over-think God's Word. It only leads to rabbit holes. As the third rule of Bible interpretation states: When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense.
Then if we take Jesus' words in their plainest form, wherein He said that the one who believes in Him, though they die yet they shall live, and whoever lives and believes in Him shall never die -- the entire plain statement will be fulfilled in the Rapture. Those who died in Christ will be resurrected, and those still alive that believe shall be glorified (having never died).

mattfivefour

Then if we take Jesus' words in their plainest form, wherein He said that the one who believes in Him, though they die yet they shall live, and whoever lives and believes in Him shall never die -- the entire plain statement will be fulfilled in the Rapture. Those who died in Christ will be resurrected, and those still alive that believe shall be glorified (having never died).
True! :thumbup

DWB

Agree DWB interesting hobby raising cows.
Sure wish I could make some money at it, those things do nothing but eat and even though the price of beef keeps going up at the grocery, the market for beef cows is always seems to go down. Cows are sold at a "no reserve" auction, you get whatever the bidders want to pay that day. If there a lot of cows and few buyers you may only get $1.00 a lb, or many buyers and few cows you might get $2.50/lb. Either way it's not enough to pay for the feed and then people wonder why there are no small farms (like mine) anymore.

Back