Jesse Duplantis tells his followers Jesus hasn't come back because Christians aren't donating enough

Wally

HIS Train fills the Temple...
A lot of people may be surprised to find out that checkbook balances don't transfer over in Heaven. And if your heavenly account has not been funded at Calvary, You'll find yourself destitute and on the outside.

As a matter of fact, they that cling to checkbooks and gold will find themselves anchored to a dung-heap when the roll is called up yonder.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Off the top of my head, there is: Copeland, Hinn, Meyer, DuPlantis, Dollar, Jakes and Murdoch. Sad group.

I agree that it's mindboggling how these men and women can do what they're doing when they know they're going to face God for it. I honestly don't see how someone can be a Christian but have no conscience. Something is off about them.

They are con artists. Pastoring can be a lucrative business for those types.

Xenosjeff

These hucksters do know that they will be judged. At least they have read it somewhere. The question that begs to be answered is, do they believe it?
The love of money is in play here.
We have all played the game in our head about what you would do of you had all the money you could ever spend. Have we also followed through with the rest of the changes our lives would face?
My dream goes like this. Wilderness compound with independent power and a geothermal hot spring. Weekly deliveries of supplies by helicopter. At least 110k acres of buffer space around me. Great big shop with equipment galore. Private airstrip.........
Although this is just a fantasy for me it also brings out the problem of having to produce some fruit. Maybe I don't have that kind of money for a reason. Maybe these hucksters get the burden of being examples so others wll not follow.

Jeff

Set free 47

The list of these "Prosperity gospel" TV preachers and their shows is a long one. It runs on the fuel of these TV channel listeners and runs on the message that they need all these mega bucks rolling in to "reach the world with the gospel" (who knows what their version of the gospel may be?). Most of it seems to be tied up in the Pentecostal movement. Jesse Duplantis is just one. Rod Parsley, and Andrew Wommack is another. I once heard Wommack speak; he is clearly faith+works for salvation. TBN seems to keep an open door even for accolades for the Jesuits and other RCC shows they sometimes air. I turned TBN on once and I thought I was watching the EWTN Catholic network!

Rob

Jaybird

We are in the era of people who like their "ears itched" so it's no surprise that there are plenty of prosperity teachers who are feeding the masses.

2TI 4:1-11

"I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."

TimeWarpWife

Jesse must need a new car or home...
Or probably a brand new private jet. Duplantis, Copeland, Dollar, Savelle, Myer, et al, are always asking their "partners" to give them tens of millions to buy them new private jets. :furious I remember years ago that Copeland begged his "partners" for a brand new jet for him, and right after he got it, he then turned around asking for money to buy his wife her own private jet ~ and yes, people were stupid enough to buy her one. Copeland promised that the jets would only ever be used for "ministry" business (I heard him say this myself), but later it came out that these jets were being used to take them and their family on vacations to their multiple vacation mansions, Copeland and his son used one to go on hunting trips, and the wife, Gloria, was using her jet to go on day trips to FL to go shopping. Of course, Copeland completely ignored reporters who asked him about the non-ministry uses for the jets. These people are all false profit$ and teachers and I know this for certain because I spent 12 years listening to all of them everyday, reading their books, buying and listening to their tapes. Thank God, literally, He opened my spiritual eyes to see these people are wolves in sheep's clothing.

GotGrace

This is kind of old news as it happened last fall....

https://guardian.ng/life/evangelica...snt-returned-because-people-are-not-donating/

Duplantis made the news a few years ago for all the wrong reasons....prosperity gospel preacher regularly on the list of wealthiest pastors in the world with a net worth estimate of at least $20 million. Reportedly lives in a 35 000 foot house and his ministry had already used three private jets when he asked his followers to help fund the purchase of $54 million Dassault Falcon 7X jet. Wave of criticism followed and I agreed with all of it. But he apparently is as arrogant as ever.

Victorython is a four day event every year on Victory channel, brainchild of Kenneth Copeland, in which they hound their viewers for money. Usually they rake in millions, every time they do this. Duplantis is a regular guest, and last year he told people,

“I honestly believe this — the reason why Jesus hasn’t come is because people are not giving the way God told them to give, when you understand this, you can speed up the time.”

He continued to suggest that if people called the number at the bottom of the screen(to donate to those who are already obscenely wealthy), “God the Father would say ‘Jesus, go get ‘em.’”

So there you have it. This year's Victorython is in two weeks. How much do you think we have to give to get Jesus to come back for us this time?
One of his jets is getting a little age on it. :skydiver

It is so amazing to me people fall for all that and send the money.

soundingthealarm

Fleethewrath2come
2nd Peter 2:1-3 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.

One translation says "they will make merchandise of you." Jesse Duplantis could be the poster child along with many many others of his kind

Footsteps

Open challenge to the prosperity preachers:

YOU CAN FUND EVERY MISSIONARY ON EARTH!!!
Sell everything you have, and combine your revenue into a global fund that gives money as needed to individual gospel missions. This will hasten the preaching of the gospel to every nation on earth. You will receive a hundred fold return in this life, and new gates will be constructed in Heaven, each bearing your names.

Bethlehem57

This is kind of old news as it happened last fall....

https://guardian.ng/life/evangelica...snt-returned-because-people-are-not-donating/

Duplantis made the news a few years ago for all the wrong reasons....prosperity gospel preacher regularly on the list of wealthiest pastors in the world with a net worth estimate of at least $20 million. Reportedly lives in a 35 000 foot house and his ministry had already used three private jets when he asked his followers to help fund the purchase of $54 million Dassault Falcon 7X jet. Wave of criticism followed and I agreed with all of it. But he apparently is as arrogant as ever.

Victorython is a four day event every year on Victory channel, brainchild of Kenneth Copeland, in which they hound their viewers for money. Usually they rake in millions, every time they do this. Duplantis is a regular guest, and last year he told people,

“I honestly believe this — the reason why Jesus hasn’t come is because people are not giving the way God told them to give, when you understand this, you can speed up the time.”

He continued to suggest that if people called the number at the bottom of the screen(to donate to those who are already obscenely wealthy), “God the Father would say ‘Jesus, go get ‘em.’”

So there you have it. This year's Victorython is in two weeks. How much do you think we have to give to get Jesus to come back for us this time?
It’s false teaching like this that helps Satan. People hear and see this and say…”Look at the Christians…always up to some gimmick to make money…” It gives the world excuses not to look at the Lord and His word because of their corruption.

We contracted with a builder to bui our new home and he’s got a Bible quote on his website that says

“Unless the Lord builds a house, its builders labor over it in vain.”​

-Psalm 127

What’s so bad about this is how poorly our home was built and even though we are at year two of our home, we are still working their “punch list” of issues for the one-year walk through. We came by often as they were in progress and there was a different crew, obviously of Mexican/South American heritage and most didn’t speak English! Because of our government and our open borders, no one is concerned with making sure that this doesn’t happen…in fact, we would probably come under attack if we reported it. We even hired, at our expense, a private inspector who found issues that we would never had found.

It’s people like these…..and false teachers, that make a mockery out of our beliefs and our Lord.

We need to be very careful about how we look to the world! We must look different….the Lord commands us to walk differently, not to be like this world. Every day, I pray to be more like Him and less like me when I study.

Justice will come for those who did these kinds of things. And remembering that we must pray for these, we also need to pray for those who listen to false teachings because they also will be judged as well as their false teachers.

lismore

Duplantis has read all the Scriptures we've read. Much of his imagery of heaven was clearly taken from the Bible. It's just stunning to me that a preacher can know what we know and yet feel OK about telling lies and profiting so much off them.
I agree that is shocking, but that is not the most shocking part. It's the thousands and thousands of people who call themselves Christians, who have the scriptures readily available to read and yet who fall for this obvious deception. We must be in the last hour when someone can say outrageous things in God's name and people just lap it up! God Bless :)