Jeopardy question tonight

DWB

On Jeopardy tonight a question was, and I'm paraphrasing, 'The Bible Chapter which has the phrase "I am the Alpha and the Omega" twice in the same chapter'. I usually don't know many answers, but I shouted out "Revelation". All three contestants named an incorrect chapter. Seemed very easy to me. I guess that shows the state of our country today. If they only knew how close we are to hearing that Trumpet!!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
On Jeopardy tonight a question was, and I'm paraphrasing, 'The Bible Chapter which has the phrase "I am the Alpha and the Omega" twice in the same chapter'. I usually don't know many answers, but I shouted out "Revelation". All three contestants named an incorrect chapter. Seemed very easy to me. I guess that shows the state of our country today. If they only knew how close we are to hearing that Trumpet!!

Since it is a secular show, if they were able to give a correct name of one of the books, along with a chapter, that would be pretty good.

Andy C

Thats not just the state of the country, its also the state of many churches where very few study their bible. Im guessing very few Christians would’ve been able to answer that question

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
I wouldn't have been able to say which chapter it is said twice in without looking it up. It seems like an odd thing to have memorized

Edit: I'm not finding a place where it is said twice in the same chapter. Am I missing something?

lamonte

In the KJV and NKJV Rev 1:8 says “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the End, the newer Bibles leave out the beginning and the end.

KJV Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
ESV Rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
NIV Rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
NKJ Rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

In the KJV and NKJV Rev 1:11 says “I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, the newer Bibles leave out the whole phrase.

KJV Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
ESV Rev 1:11 saying, "Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea."
NIV Rev 1:11 which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."
NKJ Rev 1:11 saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Many don't know because they don't read the :bible . That is an easy one, and also some people say the wrong word they call it Revelations. There is no s on Revelation.

Andy C

If you want to ask your own jeopardy question, I challenge anyone the next time you are socializing with Christians right after your churchs sermon, casually ask them to state how someone is saved. You will be amazed at the many different answers your Christian contemporaries will answer with, with many being unbiblical, and most answers centered on a works based salvation.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Sometimes a group will spontaneously cluster and people challenge each other with all sorts of Bible, faith, and worship questions . . . whoever gets it right first gets to ask the next question. Bible and hymnal pages flipping furiously :lol

It's especially cool when it's just us old people because everyone quotes the King James or maybe RSV. No ESV, NIV, etc. And everyone knows the old 1941 hymnal :biggrin

The Confirmation and Sunday School classes sometimes do this, too. Cool to see first and second graders looking stuff up in "real" Bibles and reading answers to each other (often sounding out some of the words) and discussing the merits and issues with each other's answers. Sunday School teachers have to be good referees and be ready for anything :lol Like the kid that asked how the Holy Ghost got Mary pregnant and she was still a virgin (sex ed class in school the week prior), or a question about something obscure like which Judge did something or which king was the wickedest and why. Frequently asked questions about which Commandment is which number, and then the inevitable ensuring discussion about numbering of the Commandmens and the differences between Exodus and Leviticus that always ends up "loud" :lol

How to get saved has been asked multiple times, and I've never heard any works-based answers. People learn the five solas to go along with various Scripture verses about Heaven and Hell, original and personal sin, Jesus' atoning death, justification, propitiation, forgiveness, grace, Salvation, and hope, and the denomination is historically so anti-Pope and anti-legalism that I would have been surprised if anyone had proposed anything at all resembling works-based Salvation.

Sad when the food waiting in Fellowship Hall that people worked so hard to prepare gets cold (or warm) because people are so busy playing Bible challenge and discussing :lol And funny when Pastor has to chase people out so they can get ready for Sunday evening Youth Group :eek

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
If you want to ask your own jeopardy question, I challenge anyone the next time you are socializing with Christians right after your churchs sermon, casually ask them to state how someone is saved. You will be amazed at the many different answers your Christian contemporaries will answer with, with many being unbiblical, and most answers centered on a works based salvation.

Where are the Pastors, and Bible Study, Confirmation, and Sunday School teachers? And what are they teaching? :frust

Epieikes

Where are the Pastors, and Bible Study, Confirmation, and Sunday School teachers? And what are they teaching? :frust
And where are the parents and grands? We've fully discussed in other threads as to whether they're getting their babies to church in the first place...Deuteronomy 11: 18-21 ❤

#TieThemOnYourHandsBindThemOnYourForeheads