Japan rattled by powerful earthquake, triggering tsunami warnings

Lovin Jesus

A powerful, 7.3-magnitude earthquake on Wednesday struck Japan near Namie.

Namie is a small town in Fukushima Prefecture. The event triggered a one-meter-high tsunami warning for coasts in the area and a message from the Japan Meteorological Agency advising residents to keep away from the coastline.

More than 2 million households were left without electricity – including in Tokyo, according to local official

There were no immediate reports of deaths or injuries.

The U.S. National Tsunami Warning Center said that no tsunami is expected in Alaska, California, Oregon, Washington and Canada's British Columbia.

More
https://justthenews.com/world/asia/strong-earthquake-hits-japan-tsunami-warnings-issued

MapleLeaf

Isn't it pretty much 10 years exactly after the last major one like this? I remember I was pregnant with my oldest and suffering from insomnia almost every night so I was watching TV and caught the live footage of the waves hitting the land. And I'm pretty sure it was in March as well. Oh wait, 11 years. My son is turning 11. Time flies.

HisGloryIsPrecious

Isn't it pretty much 10 years exactly after the last major one like this? I remember I was pregnant with my oldest and suffering from insomnia almost every night so I was watching TV and caught the live footage of the waves hitting the land. And I'm pretty sure it was in March as well. Oh wait, 11 years. My son is turning 11. Time flies.
March 11, 2011 was that quake.

Baby Yoda

Watchman
I read reports of quake after quake on Prophecy Update, and sometimes here, but never see it on local mainstream news. Somehow it must be not-politically correct?

MapleLeaf

I read reports of quake after quake on Prophecy Update, and sometimes here, but never see it on local mainstream news. Somehow it must be not-politically correct?
Bigger fish to fry right now. Earthquakes are too localized to be scary on a worldwide scale. Maybe when the climate stuff takes centre stage again.

Momma D

I agree. I can only find the earthquake news on certain online sites.

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
I agree. I can only find the earthquake news on certain online sites.
I think it's because there are so many quakes these days it's just not news any more.

Unless it's of a high magnitude and kills a lot of people like the 7.5 and 7.8 quakes that hit Turkey and Syria yesterday.

Death toll 2,600 and still rising last I checked. :cry

Back