Jan. 6 panel recommends charging Trump with insurrection

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The January 6th Committee asked the Justice Department to bring charges against Donald Trump, including obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress and more.
By REUTERS
Published: DECEMBER 19, 2022

A US House of Representatives panel on Monday asked federal prosecutors to charge Donald Trump with obstruction and insurrection for his role in sparking the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the Capitol. The Democratic-led select committee asked the Justice Department to bring charges against the Republican former president, including obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress, conspiracy to defraud the United States and insurrection. The request is non-binding but may increase pressure on prosecutors, who are carrying out multiple investigations of Trump, to act.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/american-politics/article-725316

antitox

Just unbelievable. The elephant-in-the-room here is the level of derangement with these clowns. They are so hell-bent that they will not stop till they destroy him completely - AT ANY COST.

Remember Sodom, when the people were struck with blindness, yet they continued groping for the door to get in. This is what we're seeing. Right before our eyes. It just leaves me wondering what's next.

penbrat

Psalm 37[a]​

Of David.​

1 Do not fret because of those who are evil
or be envious of those who do wrong;
2 for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.
3 Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.
7 Be still before the Lord
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9 For those who are evil will be destroyed,
but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.
10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
though you look for them, they will not be found.
11 But the meek will inherit the land
and enjoy peace and prosperity.
12 The wicked plot against the righteous
and gnash their teeth at them;
13 but the Lord laughs at the wicked,
for he knows their day is coming.
14 The wicked draw the sword
and bend the bow
to bring down the poor and needy,
to slay those whose ways are upright.
15 But their swords will pierce their own hearts,
and their bows will be broken.
16 Better the little that the righteous have
than the wealth of many wicked;
17 for the power of the wicked will be broken,
but the Lord upholds the righteous.
18 The blameless spend their days under the Lord’s care,
and their inheritance will endure forever.
19 In times of disaster they will not wither;
in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.
20 But the wicked will perish:
Though the Lord’s enemies are like the flowers of the field,
they will be consumed, they will go up in smoke.
21 The wicked borrow and do not repay,
but the righteous give generously;
22 those the Lord blesses will inherit the land,
but those he curses will be destroyed.
23 The Lord makes firm the steps
of the one who delights in him;
24 though he may stumble, he will not fall,
for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
25 I was young and now I am old,
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
or their children begging bread.
26 They are always generous and lend freely;
their children will be a blessing.[b]
27 Turn from evil and do good;
then you will dwell in the land forever.
28 For the Lord loves the just
and will not forsake his faithful ones.
Wrongdoers will be completely destroyed[c];
the offspring of the wicked will perish.
29 The righteous will inherit the land
and dwell in it forever.
30 The mouths of the righteous utter wisdom,
and their tongues speak what is just.
31 The law of their God is in their hearts;
their feet do not slip.
32 The wicked lie in wait for the righteous,
intent on putting them to death;
33 but the Lord will not leave them in the power of the wicked
or let them be condemned when brought to trial.
34 Hope in the Lord
and keep his way.
He will exalt you to inherit the land;
when the wicked are destroyed, you will see it.
35 I have seen a wicked and ruthless man
flourishing like a luxuriant native tree,
36 but he soon passed away and was no more;
though I looked for him, he could not be found.
37 Consider the blameless, observe the upright;
a future awaits those who seek peace.[d]
38 But all sinners will be destroyed;
there will be no future[e] for the wicked.
39 The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord;
he is their stronghold in time of trouble.
40 The Lord helps them and delivers them;
he delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
because they take refuge in him.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
It is stunning to see human nature in such display. :sad

We have direct and unhindered access, through Christ, to the throne of God, so I pray for Trump.....and I pray for our leaders, for God's grace and mercy and His sovereign hand in all this. Most of all that hearts would repent and place faith in Jesus for salvation.

And, for the great comfort and encouragement of God's church, His Children, that hearts will not be dismayed or disheartened but strengthened in His abundent love and assurance of His faithfulness to us.

:pray

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I love this part. That anger I have about all this mess under the surface, need to let go of that.

I think we all are wrestling with this. :sad And there is that righteous anger, for me more of a sadness at what's happening.

What I love about Psalm 37 is it delineates our part and response and God's part. I need to stay focused on what God would have me focused on and let God be God in His wisdom and perfect plans. I know that I need to trust that God, in His perfect timing will soveregnly deal with things. I can rest in this. In the meantime, I don't want to let ugliness of this world to make me ugly as well but to remember to, by God's strength act like His child:

Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will grant you his blessing.

1 Peter 3:9

And

Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.

Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say,

“I will take revenge;
I will pay them back,”
says the Lord.
Instead,

“If your enemies are hungry, feed them.
If they are thirsty, give them something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap
burning coals of shame on their heads.”

Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.

Romans 12:18-21

And hopefully some will respond in repentance and faith in Jesus, as they see Jesus reflected in wise kindness through us as we did to the Lord's kindness to us.

This is truly a choice of my will and to not let my flesh take over, as God's spirit enables and strengthens me in.

It's God's job to judge the world, and He will, as we read in Revelation, it's my job to follow Jesus, keep my eyes on Him and His directing.

It's hard in that the desperate workings of the enemy of our souls in the world right now can be quite distracting and overwhelming at times.

But, Paul and the Church, by God's grace also kept focus on Christ...... even during the more difficult times of Nero. In fact, so much so that there is barely mention of the difficult leadership and governance at the time other than to pray for them and, in a Godly way, be respectful, that they would come to Christ in faith.

Bethlehem57

The January 6th Committee asked the Justice Department to bring charges against Donald Trump, including obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress and more.
By REUTERS

A US House of Representatives panel on Monday asked federal prosecutors to charge Donald Trump with obstruction and insurrection for his role in sparking the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the Capitol. The Democratic-led select committee asked the Justice Department to bring charges against the Republican former president, including obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress, conspiracy to defraud the United States and insurrection. The request is non-binding but may increase pressure on prosecutors, who are carrying out multiple investigations of Trump, to act.

All this because Elizabeth Warren is throwing a tantrum over her re-election loss. She’s out for blood at the expense of us, the American taxpayers. I was listening to Mike Gallagher this AM and big media has cut off President Trump‘s words to those gathered there on that day. He said to PEACEFULLY PROTEST the results of the election; he never once incited those present to violence. That’s what people like Warren want. They want to make it impossible to run for office again and ”Insurrection” would do just that. However, few people believe that this will happen.

I believe that he won that election and that we have been saddled with the worst leader the free world has ever had, all because God wants His people (all people) to rely on Him, not government. For too long, mankind has relied on what politicians in office would/could do for us. People have forgotten about God.

Look at the events following 9/11.….People started praying and going to church like crazy because we were vulnerable. But over time, people forgot about that and started doing whatever made themselves happy. They forgot about God and downhill society went, further relying on computers, their phones, whatever their next “high” came from. Then they started believing that God was love and that homosexuality should be ok…after all, it’s love, and if they are in a relationship, well …. God’s okay with that…. .

How foolish man can be! God’s Word never changes; He never changes, nor will He be mocked! The numbers of true believers has decreased in America….”From the Christian Post, American millennials, 61% of them consider themselves to be Christian, just 2% of them were found to hold a biblical worldview. Conducted by Dr. George Barna, the study also reported that just 6% of American adults overall hold a biblical worldview.” Six percent?!

Jesus said: “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it” (Matt. 7:13-14). It’s interesting to understand what the term ‘few’ in the Greek – oligos – means. It means ‘few’.

Jesus repeats the fact that the actual number of God’s elect will be small when He says, “For many are invited, but few are chosen” (Matt. 22:14), and “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom” (Luke 12:32). Once someone asked Him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?” He said to them, “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to” (Luke 13:23-24).
After all the thousands He preached to, fed, and healed, on the heels of His resurrection the Bible tells us there were only a little over 100 persons gathered together as a believing group (Acts 1:15). I have a strong feeling that after 2,000 years and billions being exposed to the gospel message, the number of actual born-again believers is just as small percentage-wise, much like Paul (quoting Isaiah) said about Israel: “Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea, only the remnant will be saved” (Rom. 9:27).

When speaking about His return, Jesus often referred back to the days of Noah and Lot (e.g. Matt. 24). Peter references Noah as well in one of his letters and adds this important fact: “In it [the ark] only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water” (1 Pet. 3:20).

Studies like Arizona Christian University’s that demonstrate how rare it is for a person to hold a biblical worldview remind us that it is likely only a few will actually be saved in eternity and how the majority of people who love darkness rather than light (John 3:19) will be lost. How many of us there are that have family members unsaved! As parents and grqn, none of us want to see our loved ones left behind or spending eternity in darkness and eternal torment!

Our government is rapidly heading to a one world government. Our useless leader insists that America needs to lead the way. And he thinks he will become president again, although the Democrats may not really want that.

How much longer Lord?

NewWine2020

By REUTERS

Not that the batch of crooks with the Big (R) next to their names is any example of virtue but I hope that the Dims realize the precedent they are setting (relentless fabrication of lies and dogged pursuit of a former political official with the intent to ruin their lives after they are out of office) could just as easily be applied to any other political figure.

If I was Nancy I would be super paranoid throwing stones from my glass house: If we invested as much money and effort into investigating their party I'm sure there's enough (actual legit) evidence on Nancy and Hillary to ensure that they died while incarcerated (from old age, not being "Epstein-ed").

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
That's the thing now isn't it. Angry spills out and gets on others, including innocent bystanders and ones closer. And that isn't right. :pray

Clean up on Aisle 7.

Yep, been there myself. :sad

I had had to really check myself because what I quickly realized in my neck of the woods was that if I didn't, the Gospel would be impeded. I needed to choose acting for the Gospel's interest.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I think Biden fits that description of treason for not protecting our borders. He should not be getting :gaah away with this.

Back