It's finally here!!!!

DWB

Finally the college football season is here. A few games last weekend with most playing this coming weekend. The best time of year, cooler weather is coming, leaves turning, and college football. One of the few things still enjoyable in this crazy world, something to hold on to while the world goes nuts. When the last game of the year is played I start looking forward to the next. I think of other sports I used to watch, NFL, MLB, NBA (long ago), and most recent NASCAR, only to be ruined by social justice crybabies. How much longer before this too is ruined?

Roll Tide!!

Batman

I hope the NCAA football schedule goes full bore with no covid controls and shutdowns to games and I hope stadiums are allowed to fill to the brim with fans; but I'm thinking that is already a non likelihood.

3 Nails 4 Given

Sinner saved by the blood of Jesus
Finally the college football season is here. A few games last weekend with most playing this coming weekend. The best time of year, cooler weather is coming, leaves turning, and college football. One of the few things still enjoyable in this crazy world, something to hold on to while the world goes nuts. When the last game of the year is played I start looking forward to the next. I think of other sports I used to watch, NFL, MLB, NBA (long ago), and most recent NASCAR, only to be ruined by social justice crybabies. How much longer before this too is ruined?

Roll Tide!!
I hate to bust your bubble but the recent Supreme Court ruling allowing college athletes to be paid is already ruining the sport.

The big corporations will own college football. College football will become the minor league franchise of the NFL.

It won’t be long before Nike U and Amazon U play for the NCAA football championship.

Batman

Sooner or later high schools and colleges will hand out diplomas with sponsors clearly printed/posted on them, not to mention on the caps and gowns.

greg64

It'll be good to see the college game again, but the team I backed from my youth has been down for something like 20 years, so it's hard to get too excited. Still, way better than the pros and I usually find another team or two to root for, so bring it on!

GEOINTAnalyst

Texas And Oklahoma To Join SEC In Colossal Shakeup Of College Sports​

The University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma have accepted bids to join the Southeastern Conference, the universities announced Friday, after signing off on one of the biggest shifts of money and power in college sports history.
Texas and Oklahoma will start competing in the SEC after the universities' Big 12 media contracts expire in 2025.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichol...al-shakeup-of-college-sports/?sh=2dee2ae921d8

DWB

I hate to bust your bubble but the recent Supreme Court ruling allowing college athletes to be paid is already ruining the sport.

The big corporations will own college football. College football will become the minor league franchise of the NFL.

It won’t be long before Nike U and Amazon U play for the NCAA football championship.
I know, but it's still watchable. The expanded playoff will further ruin.

DWB

Looking like Bama or Georgia right now, but it's not even half way through. Anything can still happen. Who will be the four playoff teams?

Bama
Georgia
Penn St
Oklahoma

DWB

Bama may be done. They will have to win out including the SEC championship game. I don't think this team has the chemistry to make it happen.

This year Bama has made it interesting. I think UGA may take it all the way. They're so dominant. The AU vs UA game will be a nail biter as usual.

So I'll add a friendly War Eagle ya'll.

Andy C

My local team the Ducks are currently number 3 in the playoff rankings. If they win out they our guaranteed a spot in the playoffs. No matter, I cant see them beating Bama or the Bulldogs