'It's a tragedy': Protesters say single indictment is not enough in Breonna Taylor case

borrowedtime

I was trying to avoid looking into this case as in the past no matter what facts I came up with, people wanted to believe what they wanted to believe, so it was a waste of time. Finally curiosity got the best of me, so here are my thoughts.

Did the police just rush in and start shooting everyone and then try to cover it up? Nope. I say this because if they wanted to cover up their actions, they would have planted drugs at the scene.

Did the police not use the best police practices and panic when shot at? Yep.

Did the police withhold anything that might make them look guilty? Yep.

Did the Breonna Taylor's boyfriend lie and say he thought the police were thieves trying to break into his house? Yep.

Did relatives, friends and neighbors lie or embellish the facts in favor of Breonna Taylor and her boyfriend? Yep.

So these are just my thoughts based on what I read and logic. In my opinion both Breonna Taylor's boyfriend's actions and police negligence were the cause of her death. So as Breonna Taylor's boyfriend is lying and the police are not being fourth-wright, it is hard to know the actual truth which is somewhere in the middle. Based on this case, some good changes have been invoked, like forcing all officers to where and turn on body cameras. This way people can't just out right lie and police can't withhold facts that may make them look bad.

No need for protests or rioting. Just the improvement of the execution of situations like this, which is happening. :shrug

This was exactly what I was getting at Goodboy.

You’re such

a

good

boy. :p

TimeWarpWife

Civil Rights attorney, and now Trump supporter, Leo Terrell said last night on Hannity that the Grand Jury reached the right verdict. He said that an upstairs neighbor of Taylor's heard the police knock and then identify themselves as police officers. Her boyfriend, who was armed, admitted that he fired first, shooting one of the officers in the leg, however, he claims they didn't identify themselves. The upstairs neighbor testified under oath that they indeed did knock and identify themselves as police officers before entering the residence. Let's recount this scene: police officers actually had a "No Knock" warrant that allowed them to enter Taylor's residence without knocking, but they did knock and identify themselves, entered the apartment, and are shot at by an armed man inside the residence, one officer is hit, and so they return fire. It's sad that Ms. Taylor was a victim in this, but it wasn't the officers' fault she's dead, it's her trigger-happy boyfriend. And let's not forget that the man the police were looking for had lived with Taylor at that address and was still using her address as his own even though they hadn't been living together for awhile. So, her criminal ex-boyfriend factors into this tragedy also. But you can't reason with the violent thug rioters who have no ability to reason and/or are being paid by the likes of Soros. :furious

Lovin Jesus

That is hilarious!! Dimwits!! And I agree on the doxxing.
:)

I am just sick of them getting by with all this nonsense.
I have to ask though. If they knew in advance to be prepared for the inevitable, and they did, why did they call a state of emergency and put the national guard on alert but they didn’t take more preventive measures and not just preparing for an aftermath. And this should have been planned in every state as though we were preparing for an oncoming attack by a foreign adversary. Makes no sense because they know already the so called protests have been out of control as they can see so many cities burning even now. Why hasn’t the President declared that we have a civil war taking place. That’s what it is now after months of no control of these anarchists. It’s a civil war already. What are they waiting for? Is the coming election what is in the way of recognizing it for what it is, a civil war? This is going to get uglier and in the weeks to come to get election results it’s going to only escalate and after those results are in it will be a tragedy. It’s only the obvious. I’m not trying to make it bigger than it is. It’s clear what’s happening here and where it’s going. A change in power in the WH will not make all of this go away either way. It will be like a war zone if Trump is re elected and if Biden wins it will still be bad because of the way the left wants to turn our “ system” upside down. The election results for Congress will also be a critical issue.

Lovin Jesus

To be honest, I question how careful the police were when they started shooting...

I also started to question their judgment with regard those other deadly cases which have taken place over the past few months...

Of course, I am certainly NOT justifying the violent BLM response. But yes, I’m starting to question how the police are handling these situations...
I think that since George Floyd incident there’s been a huge magnifying glass on police. Though there are no doubt some bad apples in LE every officer is being what he’d closely for any mistake and the media is expanding the situation to make anything look bad on police. The anti police sentiment is very strong right now so even if they killed a fly they will be looked at negatively

Lovin Jesus

The problem is now days where do you find the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Its seems these days there is absolutely no punishment for lying, so everyone seems to just lie to make their opinion or cause seem correct, including the media!
What has happened is that the blindfold on lady liberty has been removed. That blindfold represents unbiased justice. It’s gone

Lovin Jesus

The problem is now days where do you find the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Its seems these days there is absolutely no punishment for lying, so everyone seems to just lie to make their opinion or cause seem correct, including the media!
It was a very unfortunate incident as it unfolded. But it doesn't appear there was any criminality outside of the indictments, which the grand jury and their handlers probably had to search a bit for to reach the indictment conclusion.
This is a continuation of what we’ve seen since Hillary Clinton was investigated for the email scandal which her emails that had been under subpoena she took hammers to her phones and bleach bit her computers to destroy evidence from her computer. The destruction of evidence should have been tried as a felony tampering with evidence and violating a subpoena request. After she faced no accountability for anything it continued with the crossfire Hurricane Probe that was done with illegal surveillance and investigation of the President under false pretense. The left has been getting away with no accountability even when there is evidence they have broken the law. Spit continues right into the communities rioters arrested then the left bails them out or are released under the no bail laws liberal cities and state’s have. It’s ridiculously outrageous

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
Civil Rights attorney, and now Trump supporter, Leo Terrell said last night on Hannity that the Grand Jury reached the right verdict. He said that an upstairs neighbor of Taylor's heard the police knock and then identify themselves as police officers. Her boyfriend, who was armed, admitted that he fired first, shooting one of the officers in the leg, however, he claims they didn't identify themselves. The upstairs neighbor testified under oath that they indeed did knock and identify themselves as police officers before entering the residence. Let's recount this scene: police officers actually had a "No Knock" warrant that allowed them to enter Taylor's residence without knocking, but they did knock and identify themselves, entered the apartment, and are shot at by an armed man inside the residence, one officer is hit, and so they return fire. It's sad that Ms. Taylor was a victim in this, but it wasn't the officers' fault she's dead, it's her trigger-happy boyfriend. And let's not forget that the man the police were looking for had lived with Taylor at that address and was still using her address as his own even though they hadn't been living together for awhile. So, her criminal ex-boyfriend factors into this tragedy also. But you can't reason with the violent thug rioters who have no ability to reason and/or are being paid by the likes of Soros. :furious
Thank goodness for the honest brave upstairs neighbor!!! Most today would be afraid to come forward, as they may become a target for the Black Lives Matter posse.

Lovin Jesus

It was a very unfortunate incident as it unfolded. But it doesn't appear there was any criminality outside of the indictments, which the grand jury and their handlers probably had to search a bit for to reach the indictment conclusion.
Right. Only the one officer was found to have acted recklessly by shooting into the next apartment putting those residents in danger. But not one of the officers are being charged for her murder or even manslaughter because they were met with the boyfriend shooting at them and they were justified to respond by shooting back