It is upsetting

Betty

When Jim Baker got out of prison, it was not long before he announced that God had called him back to the ministry. I was hoping that this time his ministry would not be about raising money but about reaching lost souls. I ran across him two years ago on TV selling food for the famine. Did not like that he was trying to make money off of a tragedy. When the pandemic first happened, he had a ‘doctor’ on there recommending a product to cure COVID. The other day they had a news article about him. The woman was not a Doctor. The medicine was fake and had silver in it that if you drank too much turned your skin permanently blue. They used Mr. Baker to make fun of the apocalypse. I was so upset that Mr. Baker was shamming Christians, but then it hit me, how much God must be upset. My heart breaks that Mr. Baker went so quickly back into money-making. To me, it is better to be a Preacher of a small little Church that cares about lost souls more than money.
Betty

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
:hug

Yes, it's hard to see that Betty, I agree.

To me, it is better to be a Preacher of a small little Church that cares about lost souls more than money.

Hundred percent! Even if that little church only had a tent to meet in......so much better! :sad

That reminds me, I often think of a little church my husband and I happen to visit. It wasn't very big but I well remember that the Pastor and his wife and those serving who were humbly faithful to that little flock. And how fortunate for this little flock to have a faithful Pastor. I could see that they were anxious to welcome newcomers and present the bible in it's full truth and my heart just warmed at seeing this.

I praise God for little churches that are faithful to God's Word. They may be small in number but sure are big in God's eyes!! And a breath of fresh air and spiritual nourishment to the lonely souls that may come upon them and be delighted to find Godly faithfulness in the midst.

May the Lord strengthen, encourage and greatly bless. :nod :pray

MapleLeaf

I'm not a reverse snob and the big, rich churches can be great boons and supports for the smaller churches with connections in high places when needed. But yes, I prefer the small churches myself. It's easier to go under the radar when that is necessary. And the atmosphere tends to be a little more relaxed which I prefer. The giant churches necessitate a more regimented approach or else it would be chaos.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
When Jim Baker got out of prison, it was not long before he announced that God had called him back to the ministry. I was hoping that this time his ministry would not be about raising money but about reaching lost souls. I ran across him two years ago on TV selling food for the famine. Did not like that he was trying to make money off of a tragedy. When the pandemic first happened, he had a ‘doctor’ on there recommending a product to cure COVID. The other day they had a news article about him. The woman was not a Doctor. The medicine was fake and had silver in it that if you drank too much turned your skin permanently blue. They used Mr. Baker to make fun of the apocalypse. I was so upset that Mr. Baker was shamming Christians, but then it hit me, how much God must be upset. My heart breaks that Mr. Baker went so quickly back into money-making. To me, it is better to be a Preacher of a small little Church that cares about lost souls more than money.
Betty

I guess he didn't find Christ while he was incarcerated...

Footsteps

I guess he didn't find Christ while he was incarcerated...
After getting out of prison he wrote a book
called “I Was Wrong”. I saw one of his
survivalist shows in which he was urgently selling
prepper supplies. He seemed a little unfocused.
I think he had some kind of medical event - not
sure - he just seemed to be following others’
leads during the program at times.
This is not the time to be focused on this type
of business. I just noticed that Mike Lindell just
got his phone taken by the FBI/KGB. Our
leaders are busily investigating those who
don’t like them. (Just tucking that latest
Gestapo phone seizure in this post - unrelated to Bakker, except in the sense that that now is the time to be
urgent about leading as many to salvation as quickly
as possible. Lindell publicly attacked the Presidential election results, automatically making him an enemy of the present Caesar: Caligula II.

Last edited:

Kerbluey

Don’t you have to drink massive amounts to turn blue? Like the amounts that indicate you might be not playing with a full set of silverware upstairs? Edited to say as someone who is missing a fork or two there’s no judgment in that last comment. If I heard it cured anxiety I’d probably be blue too.

athenasius

I praise God for little churches that are faithful to God's Word. They may be small in number but sure are big in God's eyes!! And a breath of fresh air and spiritual nourishment to the lonely souls that may come upon them and be delighted to find Godly faithfulness in the midst.

May the Lord strengthen, encourage and greatly bless
AMEN!

I went to the PTL television show and complex in it’s heyday. Baker hasn’t changed.
No he hasn't. He is still chasing the money. You and Betty in her OP are right. There's a verse about that.

Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly.

He also has a mid trib view so he sells buckets of what I call Tribulation Treats guaranteed to put you into the Tribulation if you should ever have to eat that stuff. Doomsday dinners for dummies.

It sounds like Betty caught him widening his market to people to give the buckets to some famine zone. His usual shtick is marketing to folks worried about making it thru the Tribulation or the coming whatever/zombie apocalypse for the non believers in the crowd. But I could totally see him trying to sell more buckets by creating a donation system so people buy the buckets to give to the famine zone.

Perhaps the number of mid tribbers are all bucketed up with basements and garages full of the stuff and he needs to keep selling.

He did get caught up in a governmental over reaction with the colloidal silver thing. He actually didn't say what the govt claimed he did, and there was a lot of video evidence to prove it, but it got swept aside as things went on in 2020. He DID imply that it was a potential cure and it might have been. But it might also have done nothing or in enthusiastic consumers, turned them blue as was said up thread.

He always seems to gravitate to the shady huckster side of things.

athenasius

Don’t you have to drink massive amounts to turn blue? Like the amounts that indicate you might be not playing with a full set of silverware upstairs? Edited to say as someone who is missing a fork or two there’s no judgment in that last comment. If I heard it cured anxiety I’d probably be blue too.
yup, and for a very long time indeed. The fellow that really stopped the whole craze made the stuff himself in an unknown concentration and drank it by the cupful. When he finally started to go blue it was not reversible but not particularly harmful except to unsuspecting people meeting him for the first time. :yikes

I laughed at your comment, because maybe his set of silverware went INTO his colloidal silver broth mixture. You need silver for it, and granny's set might be missing! just sayin' :lol