It Is Finished – Three Words Catholics Do Not Understand

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
It Is Finished – Three Words Catholics Do Not Understand
By Mike Gendron

The perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice of Christ that satisfied divine justice for all believers was accomplished 2000 years ago. Jesus cried out in victory – “It is finished.” The work of salvation is done. The eternal debt for sin has been paid in full. No more offerings, no more sacrifices, no more priests! The Lord Jesus willingly died for man’s sins to pay the debt that we could never pay. “He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness: by His wounds you have been healed” (1 Peter 2:24). Yet Catholics instead choose to trust in the sacrifice of the Mass, a blasphemous representation of a eucharistic Christ on an altar. They would rather trust the Sacrifice of the Mass as a sin offering to God rather than trusting in the one-time, all-sufficient, sacrifice of Christ.

Jesus appeared “to take away sins once for all” by His sacrifice” (Hebrews 9:26). “Through His blood God made Him the means of expiation (of sin) for all who believe” (Romans 3:25). Vatican II denies these sacred Scriptures by teaching: “Sins must be expiated…on this earth through the sorrows, miseries and trials of this life and, a above all, through death. Otherwise the expiation must be made in the next life through fire and torments or purifying punishments” (Vatican Council II). What a terrible deception to impose on faithful Roman Catholics who look to their church for the truth! The very reason and purpose Christ became man and suffered such an excruciating death was to expiate sin, once and for all, by His perfect sacrifice. How can any church, which claims to follow Christ, withhold this truth from its people and create in its place doctrines that nullify the Savior’s finished work?

Roman Catholic teachings also nullify another accomplishment of Christ, the purification of sins. The writer of the book of Hebrews declared that “when He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high” (Heb. 1:3). The apostle John also proclaimed that those who trust Christ are purified from all sin, by His blood (1 John 1:7). Vatican Council II states that purgatory is where “those…who have not made satisfaction with adequate penance for their sins and omissions are cleansed after death with punishments designed to purge away their debt.” Jesus reconciled the world to God, changing its relationship with God from hostility to harmony. The sinner is reconciled to God when he trusts in Christ as his Savior. “It is in Christ and through His blood that we have been redeemed and our sins are forgiven” (Eph. 1:7). Being reconciled to God is difficult for Catholics to comprehend, for they have been taught the only way to made peace with God is through a life long journey of works–receiving the sacraments, going to Mass and doing penance. The only response to the accomplishments of Christ that will reconcile anyone to God is repentance and faith.

https://www.raptureforums.com/roman-catholicism/it-is-finished-three-words-catholics-do-not-understand/

JDP

I was a Catholic for nearly 35 years. If the "fake news" of purgatory doesn't make you leave, nothing will :)
I found that the RCC places all the emphasis on its hierarchy, rules, and edicts that anything else - including the finality of Jesus' sacrifice, as others have mentioned here. If I had a nickel for every time I was told that someone "cannot" get to heaven without being baptized in the RCC, or being "in a state of grace", I'd be as rich as the RCC itself.

JDP

I was a Catholic for nearly 35 years. If the "fake news" of purgatory doesn't make you leave, nothing will :)
I found that the RCC places all the emphasis on its hierarchy, rules, and edicts that anything else - including the finality of Jesus' sacrifice, as others have mentioned here. If I had a nickel for every time I was told that someone "cannot" get to heaven without being baptized in the RCC, or being "in a state of grace", I'd be as rich as the RCC itself.

Cindy S.

When my ex husband was marrying wife #3 who is catholic, he called me to see if I had ever been baptised. I was sprinkled as a child in Christian reformed church. I guess that made our marriage and our daughter born during marriage harder to ignore? Anyone know what that was about?

JDP

And the Marianism heresy of the RCC is perhaps the worst evidence of all that the RCC doesn't accept the finality of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. Mary was declared by the RCC to be the "co-redeemer" with Jesus, as if His death wasn't enough. And she now, according to the RCC, "sits beside God the Father as is the Queen of Heaven." Mary had to come along, apparently, and "fulfill" that sacrifice. Catholics are encouraged - demanded, actually - to pray to Mary and all of the RCC-declared "saints" to "intercede" for us with God the Father, so that they'll all hopefully put in a good word for us so that we can go to heaven. Also in the 1840s Mary was declared to have had an "immaculate conception" - in other words she was born without original sin, so that she would have been "worthy" to bear the Savior. That only serves to give the impression that neither Mary nor Jesus were like us... they were "elevated" somehow by God (especially Mary) to remove the true humanity aspect from both of them. And she was declared to have remained a "perpetual virgin" because not only was she raptured into heaven according to the RCC (now being absolutely sinless from the moment of her birth, she certainly couldn't experience a normal death, dontcha know) but she never had relations with Joseph ever... and those "brothers and sisters of Jesus" told about in the Gospels over and over were only - according to the RCC - "cousins" and the Gospel writers were simply confused about that. You see, the brother of James born to Mary after Jesus, the James who was born again after seeing his brother Jesus risen from the dead and became one of the early leaders, leader of The Way in Jerusalem and martyred for his faith - was just a simple cousin of Jesus. Or maybe, according to the RCC, James and all the other brothers and sisters were prior children of Joseph from a "first wife" who must have died and before Joseph ever met Mary. The RCC jumps through a lot of hoops to make Mary divine from her birth, completely "unsoiled" by sin or intimate relations with Joseph, and a pre-determined "co-redeemer" with Christ since His death and resurrection just wasn't enough to save anyone.

Don't just walk away from the RCC or any cult with similar teachings and blasphemies - run. Run as fast as you can and don't ever look back. I certainly haven't and I thank Jesus for gently leading me away in His own way.