Israelis most want ties with Saudi Arabia next - poll

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The UAE is the country most Israelis want to visit.
By LAHAV HARKOV
OCTOBER 14, 2020

More Israelis want the country to deepen relations with Saudi Arabia than with any other country in the region, a new poll by Mitvim – The Israeli Institute for Regional Foreign Policies found. About a quarter of respondents (24%) said it is “most important for Israel to develop cooperation” with Saudi Arabia, followed by Egypt at 12%, the United Arab Emirates at 11% and Jordan at 4%. The most popular answer to that question was “no Arab country” at 28%; Arab-Israelis were far more likely to give that answer, with 54% of them saying so, while only 23% of Israeli Jews did.

The UAE is the country the most Israelis would like to visit, at 23%, followed by Lebanon at 7%. Here, too, a plurality (42%) answered “no Arab country,” and slightly more Arabs said so than Jews. Nearly half of Israelis (44%) said the economic field – specified to mean tourism, trade and technology – is the most important to develop in cooperation with the UAE. That was followed by security at 24%, political at 16% and civil at 5%.

more...... https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/poll-israelis-most-want-ties-with-saudi-arabia-next-645729

Lovin Jesus

The UAE is the country most Israelis want to visit.
By LAHAV HARKOV
OCTOBER 14, 2020

More Israelis want the country to deepen relations with Saudi Arabia than with any other country in the region, a new poll by Mitvim – The Israeli Institute for Regional Foreign Policies found. About a quarter of respondents (24%) said it is “most important for Israel to develop cooperation” with Saudi Arabia, followed by Egypt at 12%, the United Arab Emirates at 11% and Jordan at 4%. The most popular answer to that question was “no Arab country” at 28%; Arab-Israelis were far more likely to give that answer, with 54% of them saying so, while only 23% of Israeli Jews did.

The UAE is the country the most Israelis would like to visit, at 23%, followed by Lebanon at 7%. Here, too, a plurality (42%) answered “no Arab country,” and slightly more Arabs said so than Jews. Nearly half of Israelis (44%) said the economic field – specified to mean tourism, trade and technology – is the most important to develop in cooperation with the UAE. That was followed by security at 24%, political at 16% and civil at 5%.

more...... https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/poll-israelis-most-want-ties-with-saudi-arabia-next-645729
What nation is Saudi Arabia in times? Are they decedents of Ishmael or Esau?

Lovin Jesus

I've understood them to be Sheba and Dedan... and descendants of Ishmael. The way I understand it, Esau is Jordan and the Palestinians. But they might extend into northern Saudi as well.
Ok. Thank you. This helps explain the significance for there to be peace between descendants of Issac and Ishmael, being that from the time Ishmael was in the womb
Genesis 16:11-12
And the angel of the Lord said to her,

“Behold, you are pregnant

and shall bear a son.

You shall call his name Ishmael,

because the Lord has listened to your affliction.

12 He shall be a wild donkey of a man,

his hand against everyone

and everyone’s hand against him,

and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers

Genesis 21:14-21
Abraham’s love for his son Ishmael comes through, and God promises to bless Ishmael. Abraham gathered some provisions and sent Hagar and Ishmael away. After the provisions had been exhausted, Hagar and Ishmael were overcome with grief, assuming that they would die in the desert. “God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, ‘What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there. Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation.’ Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink” (verses 17–19). Once again, God appeared to Hagar and promised that Ishmael will be a great nation. Finally, we are told that “God was with the boy as he grew up. He lived in the desert and became an archer. While he was living in the Desert of Paran, his mother got a wife for him from Egypt” (verses 20–21).

Ishmael‘s descendants became a “ might nation” but still are not part of the covenant God has with Israel. But as the two “ related” nations have been in conflict since the birth of Issac for them to come to peace is a good thing but it won’t last

railfan727

You know, the Koran takes this account and totally perverts it... makes Ishmael the favored son, the one who Abraham was going to sacrifice (when it was really Isaac) and all that... no mention of Isaac at all. And it all supposedly takes place in and around Mecca when in reality it happened in Southern Israel near Beersheba. Have any of you ever read that before?

3 Nails 4 Given

Sinner saved by the blood of Jesus
You know, the Koran takes this account and totally perverts it... makes Ishmael the favored son, the one who Abraham was going to sacrifice (when it was really Isaac) and all that... no mention of Isaac at all. And it all supposedly takes place in and around Mecca when in reality it happened in Southern Israel near Beersheba. Have any of you ever read that before?
Yes I’ve read it. But you need to be really grounded in your Christian Faith before you start any study of comparative religions.

There are many outrageous lies in the Koran and Hadith. If you really want to read on Islamic cults, read some of Farrakhan’s Nation of Islam literature. It’s so far out of touch with reality even true Muslims want nothing to do with NOI converts.

I have read their literature as I believe in knowing what makes your adversaries act the way they do.

There is no wonder so many of them around the world are being led to Christ. Their religions are very oppressive.

Lovin Jesus

They are descendants of Cush and Abraham, not Ishmael
Ishmael is Abraham’s son but not of the line of the seed leading to Jesus Christ, Issac was.So are they from the Abrahamic line with Sarah and the twelve tribes of Israel? Or from the line of Ismael with Hagar? Is Cush from Abraham’s decent by Sarah or Hagar. That’s why I ask

anath

I Love the Lord
I am no expert here.

Sheba and Dedan are the grandsons of Cush. But they are also the same names used of the grandsons of Abraham by his second wife Keturah. And they are the fathers of Saudi Arabia.

Read Genesis 10:7

Lovin Jesus

I am no expert here.

Sheba and Dedan are the grandsons of Cush. But they are also the same names used of the grandsons of Abraham by his second wife Keturah. And they are the fathers of Saudi Arabia.

Read Genesis 10:7
I'm nowhere close even thinking I'm an expert but my question was just on how the nation of SA is connected to Israel. But if it is as you say that it's through Abraham with the wife Ketura then it isn't from either Issac or Ishmael then. No importance really I just wondered how they fit in with prophecy and it doesn't look to me like they are part of the conflict between Israel and the PA who are from the Ishmael line as far as I remember. Just wondering where they fit in with Ezekiel 38

anath

I Love the Lord